Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
js2

Matt Cooke

20 posts in this topic

This guy needs his own thread for obvious reasons. I'll start it off with a link to a page that includes a detailed dirty history over the last three years of his dirty cheap shots, most of which went unpunished(yay NHL!). Credit to Boone for this link.

http://www.russianmachineneverbreaks.com/2011/03/21/video-a-timeline-of-dirty-and-reckless-matt-cooke-hits/

I'm not sure how this piece of garbage has been allowed to play in the NHL for over 800 games.

I'll finish this post off with Don Cherry being fed up with Cooke with clips of his dirty plays.

Wish the pens would just buy out his contract and end his days in the NHL.

On the lighter side of things, hillarious blog post from "inside the meeting"

www.downgoesbrown.com

Edited by uncivilengineer

That video really pissed me off.

But then I watched this and felt better again:

To me, no matter what he does, no matter if he tries to improve his image or never plays dirty again (but if he did that he would never play in the NHL again, it's all he does), he's still done enough to warrant expulsion. He's ruined enough seasons and careers completely and 100% intentionally for my tastes. I don't like watching games he plays in, because you never know what disgusting move he's going to pull. The NHL won't have properly handled this until he's gone for good, like Marc Savard probably is.

Edited by habs_93

Given what some posters have said about Cooke, he's among the five dirtiest players in the NHL. How many would put him at No.1?

This guy needs his own thread for obvious reasons.

yea,not enough that this lack of respect/careless moron gets enough coverage as it is ;)

"I'm fortunate Ryan McDonagh wasn't hurt," Cooke told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. "I don't want to hurt anybody. That's not my intention. I know that I can be better.

"I made a mistake. I'm the one that's accountable for that. I take full responsibility for it. I'm sorry to my teammates, my management, my coaching staff and my organization. It's something that, moving forward, I'll make different."

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=556794

:rolleyes:

"I'm fortunate Ryan McDonagh wasn't hurt," Cooke told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. "I don't want to hurt anybody. That's not my intention. I know that I can be better.

"I made a mistake. I'm the one that's accountable for that. I take full responsibility for it. I'm sorry to my teammates, my management, my coaching staff and my organization. It's something that, moving forward, I'll make different."

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=556794

:rolleyes:

Sad thing is, even though he's probably lying (am I reading his mind too much, Booin fans?), his apology goes farther than Chara's lame excuses of "unfortunate" and "I didn't know". Edited by BLAMEITONPKSUBBAN

Given what some posters have said about Cooke, he's among the five dirtiest players in the NHL. How many would put him at No.1?

It depends. Recently, he has been #1 to me no question. However, in this decade, I would have to say Bertuzzi. I still can't forgive him for what he did to Moore.

It depends. Recently, he has been #1 to me no question. However, in this decade, I would have to say Bertuzzi. I still can't forgive him for what he did to Moore.

Really? I saw the steve moore incident. It was horrible. But the context of it, clears so much up. The guy took out was it Naslund? He was just trying to fight him and he lost it. He's cleaned up his act.

I doubt Cooke will clean it up though.

There was a post on TSN's facebook recently, asking "if you were a GM, and you had one space left on your roster, and you had to choose between Sean Avery and Matt Cooke, which one would you pick?"

I'd go with Avery. Avery's just a little "shift" disturber, he just runs his mouth, and is actually a half decent player in his own right. Cooke is just a reckless moron.

There was a post on TSN's facebook recently, asking "if you were a GM, and you had one space left on your roster, and you had to choose between Sean Avery and Matt Cooke, which one would you pick?"

I'd go with Avery. Avery's just a little "shift" disturber, he just runs his mouth, and is actually a half decent player in his own right. Cooke is just a reckless moron.

Cooke is a half-decent player as well, with 30 points this season (compared to 27 for Avery).

Only issue is Cooke's bad tendencies that bar him from being a useful player on a team.

Cooke is a half-decent player as well, with 30 points this season (compared to 27 for Avery).

Only issue is Cooke's bad tendencies that bar him from being a useful player on a team.

+1

Cooke can play the game, and is actually probably a better-than-average third line player - or rather he would be if he didn't cause his team so many penalties. One major penalty is one too many, and Cooke's had a few.

PS: I really dislike the guy. Just thought I'd add that in.

Really? I saw the steve moore incident. It was horrible. But the context of it, clears so much up. The guy took out was it Naslund? He was just trying to fight him and he lost it. He's cleaned up his act.

I doubt Cooke will clean it up though.

He was trying to fight him, yes, but Moore had already fought someone, and it was none other than Matt Cooke. Usually if you answer the bell, you don't have to answer it again. Bertuzzi was being a goon chasing him like that.

He was trying to fight him, yes, but Moore had already fought someone, and it was none other than Matt Cooke. Usually if you answer the bell, you don't have to answer it again. Bertuzzi was being a goon chasing him like that.

Thanks for letting me know was not aware of this!

Was playing 11 forwards an option? That would be the best.

I wouldn't pick. I can NOT stand Avery, he is so disrespectful, even to fans he always makes faces and theres tons of clips on youtube of him yelling at hecklers. As for cooke, I heard he is not going to be in pittsburgh next year is that correct?

COOKE HELPS INJURED PENGUINS DOUBLE UP PANTHERS

Cooke is a half-decent player as well,

as it shows <_<

Becoming as of late Mr.nice guy. :rolleyes:<_<