This Or That

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest archey

Good to see you back Archey :)

pea gravel.

Robins or cardinals?

thanks kinot!

the robins here are less than three feet away while i'm working on building the patio so...robins..

I was thinking i'd ask sea anemones or palm fronds... but seriously.......lol

shutters or curtains?

thanks kinot!

the robins here are less than three feet away while i'm working on building the patio so...robins..

I was thinking i'd ask sea anemones or palm fronds... but seriously.......lol

shutters or curtains?

Shutters

Pitchfork or Shovel?

Guest archey

Oatmeal

Ketchup or mustard?

mustard.

gates that slide side to side or open inwards? (Scotty Pippen or Michael Jordan's house...both lived in my home town)

• 2 months later...

Brantford, Ont., cops say video being examined after Gretzky statues defaced

GJR108133598_high.jpg

btn_zoom_img.gif

Sylvia Holder and her granddaughter Raya, 4, look at a statue of Wayne Gretzky and his parents Walter and Phyllis in front of the Wayne Gretzky Sports Centre in Gretzky's hometown of Brantford, Ont., Wednesday, October 2, 2013. The statues, since cleaned, were defaced with blue paint by vandals overnight Monday.THE CANADIAN PRESS/ Geoff Robins

canadian_press.gif

2013-10-02 08:13:00

BRANTFORD, Ont. - Police in Brantford, Ont., are examining videotape as they investigate vandalism to new statues of hockey great Wayne Gretzky in his hometown.

Police say they have a video that was forwarded to them of Monday's overnight vandalism, which involved someone defacing the statues with spray paint.

But they say they have made no arrests yet in the defacing of the statues honouring the Great One, which were publicly unveiled Sunday outside the newly renovated Wayne Gretzky Sports Centre.

The statues depict Gretzky holding the Stanley Cup over his head in victory, and as a youth with his parents by his side.

Brantford Mayor Chris Friel calls the vandalism "disgraceful" and a "crime against the community."

Crews were at the scene Tuesday, cleaning off the spray paint.

David Desharnais and Montreal Canadiens practice in Lac-Megantic on Thursday

Thursday, the Montreal Canadiens will travel to tragedy stricken Lac-Megantic, Que., to hold a practice at a local rink (Centre Sportif). The visit by the Habs will cap a series of initiatives that the storied hockey club announced in late August to raise money and spirits in the town of approximately 6,000 residents.

In July a train derailment caused an explosion and subsequent fire which resulted in the death of nearly 50 people. The disaster decimated the core of the town and made international headlines.

David Desharnais was born in Laurier-Station, Que., and spends his off-season months in the province. He was amongst the first on the team to hear accounts of the devastation and pitched in bycontributing items to a silent auction which was part of a charity benefit concert for the devastated town.

“It was a tragedy, I grew up not too far from there, the whole province was shocked,” Desharnais said.

“I’ve heard some stories, (like the one) where people were running, the fire was catching up, one guy was running with his girlfriend, she fell but he couldn’t stop (to help her), because he would die as well. It’s those types of stories you wouldn’t wish on anyone.”

So far the Canadiens have already hosted community members for preseason games at the Bell Centre and also held a Red and White scrimmage with proceeds going back to the shattered community.

Desharnais, 27, is proud of how his team is trying to lend a helping hand.

“The Canadiens are a big part of Quebec, I think it is great (the team is) trying to help,” Desharnais said. “It is great to go there and see the people and make them think about something else for a day or two.”

A Comeback for the Ages

On April 19, 2004, the Eastern Conference’s seventh-place Canadiens stood poised on the brink of the first-ever comeback from a 3-1 deficit in a best-of-seven playoff series since the team’s founding in 1909.
Claude Julien’s squad had forced the seventh and deciding match in Boston with 5-4 and 5-2 victories in the two previous games.
The Canadiens made the most of the opportunity to lengthen their season. After 50 minutes of scoreless play, the trio of Saku Koivu, Richard Zednik and newcomer Alex Kovalev hit pay dirt, with Zednik getting his second goal of the postseason with assists from both linemates.
While Andrew Raycroft let one in, counterpart José Théodore stood tall in the Montreal net, turning back a dozen third period Bruins shots and making 32 saves en route to the first postseason shutout of his career. Zednik finished the evening’s scoring, potting his second into an empty net with eight seconds remaining.
With the Koivu-Kovalev-Zednik line combining for 24 points, the Canadiens moved on to the next round after erasing a 3-1 playoff series deficit for the first time in team history.

Puck the Bunny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nA4v4fK6kIw#t=0

Name: Puck, the Bunny
Date of birth: May 17, 2011
Birthplace: Curitiba, Parana, Brazil
Residence: Toronto, Ontario
Zodiac: Taurus

Why the name: First, because his human likes hockey, and second, because when he arrived at only 45 days old, he could not stand alone and slipped on the wooden floor as a puck! Much like the scene here.

What time do you wake up?
Well… I usually wake my human up at 5 am!

What are your favorite hobbies, Puck?
Eat my human’s shoes, furniture, teddy bears, cables and wires. Oh! I also like to play cards, explore the house, jump on my human’s bed, play with my plush friends, watch Canadiens’ games. My job at the current time, is predicting the games!

How did you become a fan of the Canadiens?
Influenced by my human, Louise, she gave me my first jersey when I was a baby.

Who is your favourite player? And why?
Carey Price! Because he ‘saves the puck’, the other players ‘hit the puck.’

What are your favorite snacks when you’re watching the game?
Ummmmm … I like carrots, apples, dry apples, bananas, collard (and other types of dark green leafs) and… paper!

What are the things you don’t like, Puck?
I do not like the Bruins, blue Leafs and BIG animals that scare me!

And what is your biggest dream?
My biggest dream… I would love to play in the snow!!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...