The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

The Negative Thread 2011-12

WinnipegJet

True, but it's quite possible the only one in our entire prospect pool that makes the NHL is Nathan Beaulieu. I have no idea how Jarred Tinordi's learning curve is developing. Brendan Nash looks okay down in Hamilton. His audition last year went okay, as well. However, do any of these guys look capable of replacing Markov in a few years? Markov is a pretty special player to have to replace.

Apparently Tinordi has had the most improvement out of all first rounders in his year. He could possibly make it this year, if not right out of camp, maybe mid season.

I see this thread starting to wonder into other areas of discussion. If you've got nothing NEGATIVE to report,,,that's awesome. :lol: Let this thread die a slow death. ;)

Guest Regis2

Apparently Tinordi has had the most improvement out of all first rounders in his year. He could possibly make it this year, if not right out of camp, maybe mid season.

I belive what you are referring to was CRaig Button's 2010 re draft a year later

http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=83

Former National Hockey League general manager and TSN analyst Craig Button looks back at the 2010 Entry Draft and unveils his first round draft selections if he had a second chance to pick with what he's seen of the players one year later.

He ( Button ) had Tinordi goign 8 th intaead of 22 nd overall doesn't necessarily mean he's the most impropvd p[layer.

From what I've read Tinordi still has some work to do before he play with the big boys

I see this thread starting to wonder into other areas of discussion. If you've got nothing NEGATIVE to report,,,that's awesome. :lol: Let this thread die a slow death. ;)

Just wait til the season starts HTL, then there will be plenty of negative stuff to post. :lol:

This is the Habs official forum. Don't worry, it'll take off. :P

Like many Habs fans I have watched the off season with relish and hope. I have scoured the UFA and RFA lists, read all the latest trade news and player signings and made my dream list for a Habs team that could win it all. Sadly 3 weeks later the only move that stands out is the signing of Eric Cole. Yes, we picked up Budaj, but in all honesty I do not believe that is an upgrade. I believe we need another Defense man for the right side. I have watched as all the available options have been snapped up by other teams. The last was Radek Martinek a solid defense man, who shoots right so better adjusted for the right side, could help on the 1st or 2nd line pairing.

That is too bad because that leaves us in a possible hole to start the season if Gorges is not ready to play. I suppose we will use Subban and have Spacek fill in on the second line right side pairing. It sure is hard to watch good talent go to other teams and PG do nothing! Sure Cole was good, but really is that all we get??? Come on now our D is potentially weak because we do not have enough depth and both of our top line guys are coming back from season ending Knee injuries. It doesn't take a crystal ball to see that it is quite possible one of these guys could go down again for some period of time. The problem is we can not afford to have anyone go down because who is going to fill their shoes? Playing the defensive system JM likes, puts much more stress on our defense and that leads to more injuries. Blocking shots and spending more time in our zone adds up over the course of a season. Bottom line is we NEED more bodies to spread around the load and fill in when someone goes down. While I like the Cole signing the lack of any other creditable moves by PG for me is inexcusable. This team and it's fans deserve better than this and PG has just not addressed those needs. I do not believe this crew has the depth to go the distance, as is. Injuries will happen, they always do, and when someone goes down, and they will, we will be wishing PG had done a little bit more in the off season to give us the depth to carry on.

:angry:

Like many Habs fans I have watched the off season with relish and hope. I have scoured the UFA and RFA lists, read all the latest trade news and player signings and made my dream list for a Habs team that could win it all. Sadly 3 weeks later the only move that stands out is the signing of Eric Cole. Yes, we picked up Budaj, but in all honesty I do not believe that is an upgrade. I believe we need another Defense man for the right side. I have watched as all the available options have been snapped up by other teams. The last was Radek Martinek a solid defense man, who shoots right so better adjusted for the right side, could help on the 1st or 2nd line pairing.

That is too bad because that leaves us in a possible hole to start the season if Gorges is not ready to play. I suppose we will use Subban and have Spacek fill in on the second line right side pairing. It sure is hard to watch good talent go to other teams and PG do nothing! Sure Cole was good, but really is that all we get??? Come on now our D is potentially weak because we do not have enough depth and both of our top line guys are coming back from season ending Knee injuries. It doesn't take a crystal ball to see that it is quite possible one of these guys could go down again for some period of time. The problem is we can not afford to have anyone go down because who is going to fill their shoes? Playing the defensive system JM likes, puts much more stress on our defense and that leads to more injuries. Blocking shots and spending more time in our zone adds up over the course of a season. Bottom line is we NEED more bodies to spread around the load and fill in when someone goes down. While I like the Cole signing the lack of any other creditable moves by PG for me is inexcusable. This team and it's fans deserve better than this and PG has just not addressed those needs. I do not believe this crew has the depth to go the distance, as is. Injuries will happen, they always do, and when someone goes down, and they will, we will be wishing PG had done a little bit more in the off season to give us the depth to carry on.

:angry:

I agree we should have gotten at least 1 more d-man through free agency. Gorges may not be ready for the start of the season and if (God forbid) Markov gets hurt again. PG will then have to throw another draft pick away on a rental.

The only thing I can think of is that PG doesn't want to be up against the cap when the season starts. I still think it would be a good idea to get some insurance because it seems like every year we have injury issues.

The biggest negative right now is the lack of hockey or any interesting news. It's really died in here.

Seriously, don't think a warning has been given pout since June. :lol:

I'm really itching for hockey, but not for the cold weather that accompanies it.

Seriously, don't think a warning has been given pout since June. :lol:

I'm really itching for hockey, but not for the cold weather that accompanies it.

That hot (48C with humidity) day we had last Thursday, made me wish for some of that cold weather,,,and i'm not a big fan of winter either.

The only negative that I know

Is that the season has yet to show

Everything else about my team is great

For next season we have to wait

Our team will be healthy and that is good

Hope it stays that way, every one knock on wood

It doesn't matter how hard I try I can't be down

Be just miserable and wear a frown

I don't know what I'm doing in here

But I just wanted to make something clear

70 DAYS UNTIL THE PUCK DROPSThere is that negative enough for you

GO HABS GO :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Just putting in order the worst things that can happen this year just to jinx it:

a. Price gets injured for half season. :(

b. Markov gets reinjured and ends his career. :(

c. Subban gets injured for half season. :(

d. Chara drives again Pacioretty's head in the turnbuckle. :angry:

c. Gomez dresses up for 82 games. :lol::lol::lol:

Guest habs1952

Just putting in order the worst things that can happen this year just to jinx it:

a. Price gets injured for half season. :(

b. Markov gets reinjured and ends his career. :(

c. Subban gets injured for half season. :(

d. Chara drives again Pacioretty's head in the turnbuckle. :angry:

c. Gomez dresses up for 82 games. :lol::lol::lol:

That's about as negative as one can get. :lol: :lol: :lol:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

First entry here for me:

1 - Lack of team toughness overall.

2 - Defensive zone coverage is porous.

3 - Our defence corps is soft, banged-up, slow to move the puck and lacking skill.

4 - PK Subban doesn't have a twin.

5 - Our best prospect at camp would get carded at an arcade.

First entry here for me:

1 - Lack of team toughness overall.

2 - Defensive zone coverage is porous.

3 - Our defence corps is soft, banged-up, slow to move the puck and lacking skill.

4 - PK Subban doesn't have a twin.

5 - Our best prospect at camp would get carded at an arcade.

I agree with the first 3 points, no but Pk does have a younger brother :) and size is overated.

Our preseason has been a disaster, it seem's like the habs are an ahl team.

I agree with the first 3 points, no but Pk does have a younger brother :) and size is overated.

Our preseason has been a disaster, it seem's like the habs are an ahl team.

For the most part they were an AHL team in terms of who was playing... until now.

For the most part they were an AHL team in terms of who was playing... until now.

Erh.. all teams try their rookies in the pre-seasons.

Habs have won 1 in which they played well & the opposing team sucked (Lightning seemed hangover or something) & won in SO against a poor team (Sens).

Habs = Mostly small, fast but fragile forwards, slow D (lack of depth?), poor #2 goalie.

Playoffs? = Price ..again. B)

Erh.. all teams try their rookies in the pre-seasons.

Habs have won 1 in which they played well & the opposing team sucked (Lightning seemed hangover or something) & won in SO against a poor team (Sens).

Habs = Mostly small, fast but fragile forwards, slow D (lack of depth?), poor #2 goalie.

Playoffs? = Price ..again. B)

Erh... not to directly argue the point with certainty, but I wonder what the rookie to veteran ratio was for other teams as compared to the Habs. Apparently the bruins went 1-6 last year and then went on to win the Syanley Cup (go figure)

Archived