The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

The Negative Thread 2011-12

WinnipegJet

Gomez.

Now, I could promise to come on this thread and say that every day it applies (which is most every day) until Martin sends him down to Hamilton, or Gauthier rummages up a trade (somehow), but I expect that would only irritate the mods here.

It's one of of my (few) rules: don't irritate the mods at Canadiens.com FanBoard.

We all know this won't happen. The best we can hope for is 4th line duty where the floating can be kept to a minimum.

No defense, no scoring , no working, no team play ,no leader,no playoffs

OK......WE SUCK

Maybe i should post this in the positive thread. I like all this pathetic losing. Hopefully Monsieur Pierre will wise up. Maybe the people of Montreal and Quebec as a whole. FIRE JACK MARTIN!!!! He should have never come. Losing Muller was the biggest mistake of recent time. Yes, bigger than Gomez. Obviously he was the backbone of this now lack lustre, over contracted hockey....sad to say "team". (edit) ENOUGH of the french speaking coaches merely appointed to the position to pathetically show a face of francophone heritage. I was glad when Gagne "resigned" as they say. What a waste of time. He employed almost every player with a none anglophone name to show the multiculturalism of montreal. This isn't the 20's, 30's, 40's, etc. The french no longer have no point to prove their place in hockey. And that was the difference then. This club is the peoples club. I don't think we really do care who is on the ice. Just win!! and win the cup!!! Do you really care if management speaks french? I hated the decision from day one. Didn't anyone at the head office remember what (edit) did to the senators? Best team in the league and couldn't do a thing with them. Nothing in florida. I support the smallest, non-fearing team in the league. People laugh at this team, and now I. I hope it fails quickly for future change. Didn't anyone notice the whole team was changed in one year and the exact same results have occurred. I don't know about you all. I don't want a team fighting for a playoff spot. I want a team fighting for the cup. Screw the "chip and chair" theory. It only goes so far. Cream always rises to the top.

The most annoying sound in the world. Waking up to you alarm clock tuned into the local sports station to hear Markov has just signed a new contract. My nightmare has come true. We support a team that just signed someone who can't play?!?!? Is it two years? and counting. I'm sure he'll show his face in uniform one day and everyone will rise and clap and cheer only to watch him get hurt by a gust of wind.

I"m not frustrated. Just watch the games and you'll see for yourself. Millions of dollars on your t.v. and that's what you get. JACK MARTIN PLEASE LEAVE. GO AWAY!!!! BIG P!!!! LEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAVVVVVVVEEEEEEE.

This team won't suddenly get a personality transplant. Trust me. We can use the injury excuse only for so long. Look at what Pittsburgh did last night without their top two players. I have never seen a team dominate the opposition like they did the other night against Buffalo and have such an awful time scoring. These shots from the perimeter are useless, start crashing the net for god sakes...

This team won't suddenly get a personality transplant. Trust me. We can use the injury excuse only for so long. Look at what Pittsburgh did last night without their top two players. I have never seen a team dominate the opposition like they did the other night against Buffalo and have such an awful time scoring. These shots from the perimeter are useless, start crashing the net for god sakes...

Have you ever seen those old cartoons when a big character holds the top of the scrappy little guys head with one arm extended while the lil guy swings wildly?

That's the reason why we don't score many close-in goals, we are the lil scrappy kid.

finally i can say my mind without worrying.....we are by far the worst team in the nhl right now, nothing is going for us horrible coaching, crappy gm, and an owner who pays no attention to his team...if he did hed realize wth is going on... right now this team is a disgrace to the history of the habs, i guess everyone accept for the fans and players are happy with meidocracy, i wish i could jump ships but i cant i love this team just hate the management

keep calm.

Yesterday was an awful game,ok.But the team shows pretty good things against

BUF,WPG,COL,TOR,etc.They were dominant,shots a lot,hits a lot.JUst some defense

mistakes,no scoring,an a bad PP.

I truly believe that this team is improved with the last year.Just need that JM

don't change the lines all the time.PLayers need some chemistry,they need to play

together.

Guest habs1952

The most annoying sound in the world. Waking up to you alarm clock tuned into the local sports station to hear Markov has just signed a new contract. My nightmare has come true. We support a team that just signed someone who can't play?!?!? Is it two years? and counting. I'm sure he'll show his face in uniform one day and everyone will rise and clap and cheer only to watch him get hurt by a gust of wind.

I"m not frustrated. Just watch the games and you'll see for yourself. Millions of dollars on your t.v. and that's what you get. JACK MARTIN PLEASE LEAVE. GO AWAY!!!! BIG P!!!! LEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAVVVVVVVEEEEEEE.

When they retire his #79. ;)

Guest habs1952

From TSN:

"I just think that guys are gripping the sticks too tightly now," said Subban, a Toronto native who always gets up for games against the Leafs. "We have to focus on what we can control and that's hockey.

"We can't be focusing on who is in and who is out of our lineup. We get paid a lot of money to play hard every night and games like the last game are unacceptable. We've got to come out and compete.

"It's a perfect opportunity at home against a rival team that's playing well, for us to come out with a great effort. Not so much worry about the result, but just worry about the things we need to do. The little things. Competing and executing and working together. If we do those things we're going to be fine."

Yeah PK, we fans know it. What we don't understand is WHY well paid athletes know it but still turn in a dismal performance. One or two players having an off night we understand, not the whole team.

We all know teams have ups and downs but these dismal performances go back a couple of years now even to when Carbo was coaching and I remember an infamous game against Edmonton where they played one of the worst games in my memory. Seems to me it's a combination of getting the right system and the right players.

1) losing to the leafs twice (and me living in Toronto) :(

2) Hal Gill (to be fair he ain't alone in the poor defence department)! Pylon extrordinaire, the game, like the opposition, has passed him by, if they wanted his "knowledge and leadership" they should have paid him less and put him in a suit behind the bench! Not surprisingly he was on the ice for the winning goal. <_<

3) A defence that won't hit! These guys try and do everything with poke checks and are afraid to hit. That won't and obviously isn't working, in the NHL!

4) did I mention losing to the leafs twice, with me living in Toronto, which makes me extra grumpy when commenting on this team :angry:

Well I'd say at least we'll get a top 3 pick the way things are going but the front office would likely find a way to mess that up too! :(

Finally someone who see's what I see. People think I don't know what i'm talking about when I say things like that. It's clear as day when someone or people are behaving the same way. Perimeter shots, over and over and over. This has been going on now since the arrival of the "new team". What's next, shooting from the beer stand, next the parking lot? Honestly, I think the plan is to NOT have someone in front. I think Jackie Martin believes he can revolutionize the game of hockey. The only reason why Ottawa did as well as they did was because he had a star studded cast. He couldn't get them to do anything in the playoffs until Brian Murray came in.

Believe it or not but my favourite player on the team is not a super star, because it has none. Not even a star, because they barely shine. Travis Moen is my favourite player. Just watch the grit, grind obscenity he plays with. He gets in all the dirty areas, fights, stands up for the other players and chips in a goal now and then. Unfortunately, he can't lead by example because everyone is locked up to a stuffy, healthy contract and we wouldn't want anyone to play and earn for one on this team. Big "P" just signs whatever he gets his hands on. Thus, who are the others to follow someone else's example. Sorry habs fans. I've been starting to get sick of P.K Subban since late last year. He know's he's a crowd favourite and feeds, no wait, gorges like a gluten off of it. I'm tired of watching this guy make up his own plans of attack. His own theories of how he should play and make others play. don't get me wrong. I love his style of play BUT!!!! This is a team sport. And, to watch this defensemen skate from behind Carey price AAAAALLLLLLLLLL TTTTTTHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEE WWWWWAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY to the oppositions net, only to sweep around and pass the puck and have nothing accomplished. Not even a shot on net is beyond any hockey play/plan i've ever seen. And what really tweaks me is when he stands behind Carey and the team is ready for a break out and he waves the team back for a restart. ENOUGH DAMN IT. JUST GO!!!!! Who's running the show on this team???

I mentioned to my friends in the off season that, this season will be a funny one. Reasons: This year is the last year of the CBA. There is someone/thing fishy about this whole season in regards to playing efforts. Just picking two teams for now. MC's, fully stocked on contracts and some FA's at the end of the year. These FA's may be just passing time to see the results of the CBA. The others are just locked up. And we all know what happens to High ticket contracts. You don't see players until the last year of the contract. TML's. Not many contract's, lots of young players looking for jobs. Permanent positions with $$$$$$. Maybe what i'm saying is contradicting. Maybe what i'm saying is confusing or you may think i'm just a plane ol idiot. I'm just finding this year to be a funny year and It's hard to explain it in words. Thus far, my prediction from five months ago is becoming a reality. The Habs are bottom of the barrel. Hockey analysts are reaching for anything to critic the Leaf's. Easy schedule, home games, what ever. At the end of the day. They are getting two points and the Habs are not. They're record show's positivity thus far. How can anyone take it away from them? Does the Canadiens?

I can't even watch a full game anymore because it's just sickening. If the habs score first, i'll keep watching. If the other team ties it up early, it's 50/50 i'll stay. If the other team scores first, I'll play my F1 2011.

Or, it could be an obvious blip ie; the habs are off to a slow start. I'm really trying sell and buy the idea to myself. But i'm slowly not willing to buy. Wake me up when NEXT September ends.

Archived