The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Mark My Words 2011-12

WinnipegJet

• 3 months later...

No cup this year and not for many years to come

Dammit

• 2 weeks later...

Well folks, collectively we didn't do very well in the MMW department this year :P

I read through all the posts from the beginning, and the only one that I can really say came completely true was this one here:

MMW: Since it's his contract's last year, AK is gonna be phenomenal for 15-20 games, everybody will say they knew he was going to be a superstar in this league one day and then everything will go back to normal. And everybody will say they knew that wasn't going to last. :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

MMW:

Eller gets at least 15g and 35 points.

Gomez gets in between 50-60 points.

A key habs player gets injured.

Lots of cheap shots on Subban.

Somewhat, Eller got 16g and 28 points.

Wrong, Gomez got 11 points.

Yes, too many to name lol.

Yes, Subban got his share.

I got a 63% accuracy imho.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at history, teams that go through the house cleaning the Canadiens did this year do not fare well in the following season. It takes time for the players to get used to the new regime.

So mark my words, the Canadiens will have a brutal beginning of next season but they should pick it up later in the season. They will be a bubble play-off team, making or missing the playoffs by less than five points.

markov stayed healthy eventually

Well... Staying healthy for 13 regular season games is like saying, "I quit smoking... two days ago." :lol: He's still got a ton of work ahead of him. He needs to train hard this summer and come into camp ready to play 82 games. There will be a huge difference in our defence if we get 2011-2012 Andrei Markov (who wasn't that good) and 2008-2009 Markov.

Well... Staying healthy for 13 regular season games is like saying, "I quit smoking... two days ago." :lol: He's still got a ton of work ahead of him. He needs to train hard this summer and come into camp ready to play 82 games. There will be a huge difference in our defence if we get 2011-2012 Andrei Markov (who wasn't that good) and 2008-2009 Markov.

MMW we'll get an in between version

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived