The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Nikita Filatov

Why is it that we never get these goodies that other teams are able to get a hold of? Our GMs are always too conservative!

Because when we give up a pick like that for Filatov and Filatov continues to be a no-show on the ice in the NHL, we will complain that we wasted a pick on a player who just coasts all game. Ottawa is the like the Columbus of Canada, he's not going to want to play there either after a while.

Why is it that we never get these goodies that other teams are able to get a hold of? Our GMs are always too conservative!

I'm not sure how conservative Gauthier has been but it was a very high 3rd rounder so for us to match it would have either taken a 3rd + another pick, maybe a 4th or a 2nd, which we didn't have.

I love Filatov's tools so I'd have tried to figure something out but we didn't really have the picks.

Filatov is a project of sorts. He is a bang or bust, and it seems that if Colombus traded him for so little they obvious feel he leans more towards being a bust.

Would JM, or even worse, the fans suffer a player like that? Do we have the patience? I'd say not.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 11 months later...

But we don't need another one

HAHAHAHAH are you kidding.. Pouliot was amazing.. the man goes and plays the best shift of his entire hcokey carrer gets a penalty and gets benched.. and i wouldnt wanna play for JM anyways.. its JM's fault not BP, Ben is super strong for one hits scores and is a great scorer given chances to be with better players. like eller moen and Big ben would be a great third line.. or i would even consider putting ben on the second line :) if you didnt put Eller on the the 2nd line you would still have an offensive threat on the third line. So i disagree with you.. i would bring Ben back in a second.

• 2 weeks later...

HAHAHAHAH are you kidding.. Pouliot was amazing.. the man goes and plays the best shift of his entire hcokey carrer gets a penalty and gets benched.. and i wouldnt wanna play for JM anyways.. its JM's fault not BP, Ben is super strong for one hits scores and is a great scorer given chances to be with better players. like eller moen and Big ben would be a great third line.. or i would even consider putting ben on the second line :) if you didnt put Eller on the the 2nd line you would still have an offensive threat on the third line. So i disagree with you.. i would bring Ben back in a second.

He had his good stretches, but a lot of the time he just seemed lost or to not even care what he was doing out there. Sure he was in JM's doghouse but so was Lars Eller alot of the time, and yet Eller seemed to love playing under JM, he was very vocal about the team firing a coach being a bad move.