Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ColRouleBleu

Michael Cammalleri

395 posts in this topic

#13 Michael Cammalleri

8469500.jpg

QUOTE LIBRARY

"The discussion today should lend itself to Brendan being able to have more of a black and white idea of what we're looking at as a hit we want out of the game and I think that's good for everybody," - Michael Cammalleri - Canadian Press June 13 2011

"Leo Cammalleri, thanks for the pep talk. He's a real passionate guy. It was just kind of a motivational thing on the way out the condo today. It got me excited about the game." - Michael Cammalleri - foxnews.com April 27 2011

From the 2010-2011 thread:

“Mike loved to practise,” says Clarke. “But when practice was over, he used to step on his dad’s toe, because his dad would be chatting to every parent. That was a sign to say: ‘Let’s get home.’ He didn’t want to hang around the rink. He’d go home, do his homework, then go down the basement, turn on the radio and shoot pucks until it was time to go to bed.” - thestar.com

Lets hope that he can stay injury free. I hope he hits 30 goals this year :)

Go Mike Go!

Lets hope that he can stay injury free. I hope he hits 30 goals this year :)

Go Mike Go!

I am really looking to Cammalleri to improve on last season in 2011-2012. I thought, although he put up points, he could've performed better overall. I am looking for him to really be one of our offensive "go-to" guys this season! I may be setting the bar high, but I am hoping for 30 goals and 60+ points.

I am really looking to Cammalleri to improve on last season in 2011-2012. I thought, although he put up points, he could've performed better overall. I am looking for him to really be one of our offensive "go-to" guys this season! I may be setting the bar high, but I am hoping for 30 goals and 60+ points.

Not setting the bar too high at all IMO. Mike is a proven 30 goal scorer, he just needs to avoid getting hurt. :unsure:

Not setting the bar too high at all IMO. Mike is a proven 30 goal scorer, he just needs to avoid getting hurt. :unsure:

Major concern, right there. Hopefully he remains healthy for at least 70 games. How many regular season games did he play last season? :unsure: 65? Either way, he needs to contribute more than 47 points. We need him to be a greater offensive threat.

Major concern, right there. Hopefully he remains healthy for at least 70 games. How many regular season games did he play last season? :unsure: 65? Either way, he needs to contribute more than 47 points. We need him to be a greater offensive threat.

I'm not too concerned, mainly because he had no injury history before Montreal, and seems to have recovered really well from each. Those types of injuries seem to happen to most players at one point or another during their careers, I think it's just good old Montreal luck that they happened to Cammy while he was wearing a Habs jersey.

He's still young and takes great care of himself so I'm feeling good about this year and knocking on wood as type this. :P

Edited by BeanCountingHab

Cammi lets hope next season is injury free

So your the best that you can be

So you can shoot hard and straight

For next season I can't wait

I have a feeling this season you will excel

At the things you do so well

Your going to get the most points you've ever scored

So you can top the leader board

GO CAMMI GO :lol: :lol:

Forgot to mention, Met some Cammalleri's on my trip the past week of no relation though :P

Cammalleri on TSN talks headshots, PK and the playoffs

cammy-377x250.jpg

The Canadiens Mike Cammalleri was a guest today on TSN's "Off The Record" with Michael Landsberg at the NHLPA golf outing (video) and talk turned to headshots and his role as a member of the NHL-NHLPA Competition Committee. As part of that group, Cammalleri is involved in all the matters that pertain to the state of the game and the rules, and the hottest topic in that realm remains hits to the head and concussions. Cammalleri called it "a sensitive issue" and "the focus of this summer."

He's been involved in day-long meeting on the Committee, representing the players and their feelings about where the game should go in this area.

Asked his personal feelings on the subject by Landsberg, how far he is willing to go to make the game safer, Cammalleri stated, "For me, if you're asking me, pretty far. I think when it comes to a toughness needed to play the game, that's important, and I think you find that in a lot of different ways. Let's play as tough a brand as you want. If it's going to take a broken limb here and there, I'm OK with that. I know that might sound a little harsh. But when it comes to the brain, I think we can't be ignorant and we have to be very aware of what's taking place with brain injuries so I'd like to see them clean that up."

He continued, "I think there's a certain vulnerability now because of the speed of the game to the player who still has an awareness that didn't take place in years before."

Landsberg asked, "Is there any excuse to hit a guy in the head?"

"It can happen just because, once again, the speed is so fast and there's going to be some inherent risk," Cammalleri answered, "but I think that the responsiblity on the hitter should be much more and that there is a way to do it without hitting the head."

The new Rule 48, which strengthens the old blindside and lateral hit to the head rule for next season will make many more hits that intentially target the head illegal. No longer will there be a "hitting zone" behind the net and the checker can be penalized for a north-south hit if the the referee rules the hit could be avoided. But some hits to the head to vulnerable players will be permitted if the player is ruled to have put himself in postition to be hit in the head, a very gray area that will likely cause much controvery in the upcoming season.

Landsburg also told Cammalleri that P.K. Subban told him he was cheering for the Bruins in the Stanley Cup Finals. :huh::angry: Landsberg asked Cammalleri if he believed Subban and Cammalleri responded, "I believe him. He tells the truth. He says a lot, but he tells the truth."

Then Landsberg asked Cammalleri who he was rooting for in the Finals. The response? "I would have rather seen Vancouver win. I have some friends there….It's tough to see the rival win." Landsberg kept at it. What if the Bruins were playing San Jose? "Maybe San Jose," Cammalleri answered. What about Boston against Moscow Dynamo? "It'd be the Moscow Dynamo."

Asked by Landsberg how long it took him to get over the disappointment of losing to Boston in a seventh game overtime, Cammalleri said, "Not long….Pretty much right after, I was exciting about next year. I mean, when you lose, you lose. But the idea is wanting to win one of those Stanley Cups and you can't do it once you lose, so it's about getting ready for next year."

Edited by Forever_Habs10

I'm pretty sure he is missqouting subban. I heard he wasn't cheering against them.

I'm pretty sure he is missqouting subban. I heard he wasn't cheering against them.

Either way you wanna say it... PK wasn't cheering for the good guys. :P

Either way you wanna say it... PK wasn't cheering for the good guys. :P

who? all the good guys got elimated.

who? all the good guys got elimated.

The good guys where the ones who weren't wearing black and gold. ;)

I think with a big winger in Erik Cole, Cammalleri will have a great season

I think with a big winger in Erik Cole, Cammalleri will have a great season

Maybe . :lol: No way of knowing for sure.

Big winger you say? I have just the man for the job. His sheer presence will allow Cammalleri to score +70 goals next season, easily.

620-gill.jpg

Move over Martin, there's a new coach in town.

Big winger you say? I have just the man for the job. His sheer presence will allow Cammalleri to score +70 goals next season, easily.

620-gill.jpg

Move over Martin, there's a new coach in town.

:lol: he doesn't have the skating, passing, or shooting ability to be on the wing as Cammy! or the hitting power. Unless he were to block 30 shots a game he would be bad on the wing.

He needs to actually play up to his contract this season. Last season was horrible from the pre-season right into the playoffs.

He needs to actually play up to his contract this season. Last season was horrible from the pre-season right into the playoffs.

He was very good in the playoffs but I feel like his bad season is overstated. 60 point pace over 82 games, it was just a weird season though, he was never able to get hot and when it seemed like he might, he got hurt, but really everyone loved him in year 1 (and granted, he did score more goals which is more valuable) but he had 50 points in 65 games, last year he had 47 points in 67. Not a huge drop off.

I get it though, he does need to score more. I wouldn't be surprised if he stays healthy to see a 30-35 goal season from him. He's that good.

He was very good in the playoffs but I feel like his bad season is overstated. 60 point pace over 82 games, it was just a weird season though, he was never able to get hot and when it seemed like he might, he got hurt, but really everyone loved him in year 1 (and granted, he did score more goals which is more valuable) but he had 50 points in 65 games, last year he had 47 points in 67. Not a huge drop off.

I get it though, he does need to score more. I wouldn't be surprised if he stays healthy to see a 30-35 goal season from him. He's that good.

Agreed. He just needs to get over the injury bug. Hopefully the locker room also avoids the flu bug this season. He isn't having bad seasons, just ran into injury trouble. And IMO he was very good in the playoffs and part of the reason we made ECF in 2010.

Two years ago, Cammalleri was possibly the best offensive player in the playoffs. Not just on our team, on all teams. I think that really set the bar high for him coming into this season, and having had a year to develop more chemistry with his linemates, he just didn't build on very much of anything. In other words, I think a lot of people thought he should have shown improvement over his first year here, not just come close to equalizing it. His point production, as you pointed out, was actually not that different, but there was many a game last year where the effort just wasn't there. The shots were from further away, he didn't move his feet as much and would frequently make poke-check attempts reaching out with one hand on the stick, etc. If you look at his playoff performances, Cammalleri would get deeper into the slot and be calling for the puck, and that same will to pay the price to score was not present in the regular season on a very consistent basis. I expect Cammalleri to be a leader on this team and to me, that means sacrificing a bit more to get the job done, the way the Darche's, White's, Plekanec's, and Subban's of the team do. it'll be interesting to see how he does this year, especially with Erik Cole joining the top of the attack and providing the Habs with a bit more depth and size up front.

Two years ago, Cammalleri was possibly the best offensive player in the playoffs. Not just on our team, on all teams. I think that really set the bar high for him coming into this season, and having had a year to develop more chemistry with his linemates, he just didn't build on very much of anything. In other words, I think a lot of people thought he should have shown improvement over his first year here, not just come close to equalizing it. His point production, as you pointed out, was actually not that different, but there was many a game last year where the effort just wasn't there. The shots were from further away, he didn't move his feet as much and would frequently make poke-check attempts reaching out with one hand on the stick, etc. If you look at his playoff performances, Cammalleri would get deeper into the slot and be calling for the puck, and that same will to pay the price to score was not present in the regular season on a very consistent basis. I expect Cammalleri to be a leader on this team and to me, that means sacrificing a bit more to get the job done, the way the Darche's, White's, Plekanec's, and Subban's of the team do. it'll be interesting to see how he does this year, especially with Erik Cole joining the top of the attack and providing the Habs with a bit more depth and size up front.

I think with Cole playing most likely on the PLekanec line, we will see more from Cammalleri. Cole will be able to make room for his line mates on the fore check, giving more comfort from inside the perimeter, therefore, Cammy goes in the perimeter more often and gets more goals. IMO.

And that's great that he had a great playoffs, but he's a streaky offensive player and he was really just hot for 2 7 game series, 14 games. 14 games should never raise or lower a player's bar. As for building chemistry with linemates, Plekanec also regressed. Due to injuries/inconsistency Cammy spent a fair bit of even strength time this year playing with the likes of Halpern and Gomez, Moen.

The effort question maybe a legitimate one and that's fine and dandy but Cammalleri is what he is, an extremely streaky sniper. At times he'll look flat out awful and that won't change for the most part.

As for sacrificing more, it's an unfair comparison when you talk about 4th line guys (White, Darche). The thing with Plekanec is, while he does bust his hump he also appears to wear down considerably as the season goes on, maybe he needs to play more efficient at times?

And that's great that he had a great playoffs, but he's a streaky offensive player and he was really just hot for 2 7 game series, 14 games. 14 games should never raise or lower a player's bar. As for building chemistry with linemates, Plekanec also regressed. Due to injuries/inconsistency Cammy spent a fair bit of even strength time this year playing with the likes of Halpern and Gomez, Moen.

The effort question maybe a legitimate one and that's fine and dandy but Cammalleri is what he is, an extremely streaky sniper. At times he'll look flat out awful and that won't change for the most part.

As for sacrificing more, it's an unfair comparison when you talk about 4th line guys (White, Darche). The thing with Plekanec is, while he does bust his hump he also appears to wear down considerably as the season goes on, maybe he needs to play more efficient at times?

I agree about Cammi and he lets his temper get out of control at times for stupid penalties,but to say Pleks doesn't play efficiently IMO is sacriligious,the guy does 4 jobs how can anybody be efficient when he has to be every where at once,playing as many minutes as he does,he's a man for heavens sake.

I know, the wrong place but I couldn't let that go without replying.

GO HABS GO :lol: :lol:

I agree about Cammi and he lets his temper get out of control at times for stupid penalties,but to say Pleks doesn't play efficiently IMO is sacriligious,the guy does 4 jobs how can anybody be efficient when he has to be every where at once,playing as many minutes as he does,he's a man for heavens sake.

I know, the wrong place but I couldn't let that go without replying.

GO HABS GO :lol: :lol:

He does his job efficiently, until he gets exhausted as he plays so many mins. And I agree that sometimes Cammi needs to let his temper out in other ways (preferably scoring a goal) instead of taking dumb penalties (I.E. Nino Neidereiter slash).