Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AK-1

Nathan Lawson

9 posts in this topic

Nathan Lawson

8474855.jpg

HEIGHT: 6' 2"

WEIGHT: 203

CATCHES: LEFT

BORN: SEP 29, 1983 (AGE 27)

BIRTHPLACE: CALGARY, AB, CANADA

HOMETOWN: CALGARY

------

SIGNED: July 5th 2011

MONTREAL – Montreal Canadiens general manager Pierre Gauthier announced Tuesday the signing of goaltender Nathan Lawson to a one-year, two-way contract for the 2011-12 season. As per club policy, financial terms of the agreement were not disclosed.

Lawson, 27, played his first 10 NHL games with the New York Islanders in 2010-11, posting a 1-4-2 record, a 4.06 goals against average and a .893 save percentage. He spent most of the season with the Islanders’ development team in the American Hockey League (AHL), suiting up for 16 games with the Bridgeport Sound Tigers. He recorded 6 wins, 5 losses and 4 overtime losses, with a 2.90 GAA and a .913 save percentage.

------

http://twitter.com/#!/DarrenDreger/statuses/88349347791638528

Darren Dreger

Nathan Lawson agrees to 1 year deal with Canadiens. $525,000 (NHL), $105,000 (AHL).

15 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

Welcome to the habs Nathan

I guess with Delmas and Lawson this means Mac won't be back.

Welcome to the habs Nathan

I guess with Delmas and Lawson this means Mac won't be back.

MacIntyre has already signed with Buffalo, with a shot at becoming Ryan Miller's backup.

The 28-year-old says Montreal offered him the chance to come back to its farm team in Hamilton but his goal is to get to the NHL. When the Habs signed Peter Budaj as a free agent to back up Carey Price on the big club for two years at $2.3 million, he knew his chance wouldn't come in the Hab’s system.

"I was pretty frustrated with that signing," he said from his home in PEI.

http://www.thespec.com/sports/bulldogs/article/558319--bulldog-s-lose-star-goalie-to-nhl-dreams

MacIntyre has already signed with Buffalo, with a shot at becoming Ryan Miller's backup.

The 28-year-old says Montreal offered him the chance to come back to its farm team in Hamilton but his goal is to get to the NHL. When the Habs signed Peter Budaj as a free agent to back up Carey Price on the big club for two years at $2.3 million, he knew his chance wouldn't come in the Hab’s system.

http://www.thespec.com/sports/bulldogs/article/558319--bulldog-s-lose-star-goalie-to-nhl-dreams

That's unfortunate. I think for the number of games he'd have to play, he could probably do a decent job backing price. And he'd be cheaper too. I didn't see him play a whole lot but from what I saw of him in Hamilton I thought he did a pretty good job.

I knew we should have kept Sanford. <_<

Anyways welcome Nathan!

I knew we should have kept Sanford. <_<

Anyways welcome Nathan!

I'd rather we go with youth tbh.

We get to see Nathan play in a Habs uniform,he looks to be the #1 goalie for Hamilton this year.

We get to see Nathan play in a Habs uniform,he looks to be the #1 goalie for Hamilton this year.

I was wondering, "Who the heck is this guy?" when I saw the roster for tonight's game. :lol: So, apparently he's Hamilton-bound... Well, good luck, anyway. I'm assuming he's going to get 30 minutes tonight.

I've got to say, he also gets credit for last night. Did really well!