GreekHockeyCoach

Questions, Comments, Concerns

2,132 posts in this topic

hello everybody i'm new to this forum. I'm a loyal habs fan living in Manitoba (even though we have the Jets there is no way i'm abandoning the habs) and my brother is a die hard Rangers fan. His birthday is the middle of January and we just so happen to notice that the Rangers are in Montreal that weekend so we thought it would be an excellent birthday weekend to fly to Montreal to catch the game and have a good time for my bro's birthday.

My questions to everybody is how early would we have to buy our tickets? and where from?

Individual game tickets go on sale on Canadiens.com in early september, if you dont buy them then, you can try brokers websites that some members have used.

Just check out the Habs Tickets topic in our General Habs Discussion Lobby :D

hello everybody i'm new to this forum. I'm a loyal habs fan living in Manitoba (even though we have the Jets there is no way i'm abandoning the habs) and my brother is a die hard Rangers fan. His birthday is the middle of January and we just so happen to notice that the Rangers are in Montreal that weekend so we thought it would be an excellent birthday weekend to fly to Montreal to catch the game and have a good time for my bro's birthday.

My questions to everybody is how early would we have to buy our tickets? and where from?

Welcome to the forum! You might wnt to ask CRB(a mod here) that question, she buys tons of tickets every year to watch habs games, and you could ask that in the tickets thread.

Question:

Answer(ed):

Just check out the Habs Tickets topic in our General Habs Discussion Lobby

And welcome to the forum :)

Is the newest member list at the front page for just the habs board or every teams board?

Also our newest member, Welcome biggestbluesfan ever...but I shall challenge you for that title!!! :lol:

Is the newest member list at the front page for just the habs board or every teams board?

Also our newest member, Welcome biggestbluesfan ever...but I shall challenge you for that title!!! :lol:

Welcome BBE too many words. HTB you do not stand a chance to be the biggest blues fan ever you have not been around long enough,when you have been listening to blues as long as I have you might stand a chance

GO HABS GO :lol: :lol:

Welcome BBE too many words. HTB you do not stand a chance to be the biggest blues fan ever you have not been around long enough,when you have been listening to blues as long as I have you might stand a chance

GO HABS GO :lol: :lol:

Dueling banjos? :ph34r:

:lol:

Dueling banjos? :ph34r:

:lol:

i'm not going to pull my second place award even if it in the final analysis turns out to be 1st in the answer last thread, but good god man is that the ONLY award you ever hope to win???????????? :lol: :lol:

I always thought it would be cool to re-do the "in the system" player threads like we do with the regular roster player threads each season. Obviously it would be a fair bit of work, so I don't mean to come off like sounding like a whiner, but... It would be really organized and cool. ;):D

I always thought it would be cool to re-do the "in the system" player threads like we do with the regular roster player threads each season. Obviously it would be a fair bit of work, so I don't mean to come off like sounding like a whiner, but... It would be really organized and cool. ;):D

That's a pretty good idea JR. Thanks for the suggestion, we'll look into it.

HI - I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post this .... I'd like to know when I'll be able to start a new thread myself. I've been a member for maybe a month, and I've made 7 or 8 posts. I want to ask a question about something I'm looking for, but I get the "You Cannot Start a Thread" button at the top of each forum page.

Thanks!

HI - I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post this .... I'd like to know when I'll be able to start a new thread myself. I've been a member for maybe a month, and I've made 7 or 8 posts. I want to ask a question about something I'm looking for, but I get the "You Cannot Start a Thread" button at the top of each forum page.

Thanks!

Hello don't be sorry. This is the perfect place. You have to have a minimum amount of posts before you can create a thread. I don't remember what the amount is exactly. A mod will know that.

What are you looking for?

Thanks!

Hello don't be sorry. This is the perfect place. You have to have a minimum amount of posts before you can create a thread. I don't remember what the amount is exactly. A mod will know that.

What are you looking for?

Obviously not a moderator here - buuuut it's 100.

Edited by beaubie

Thanks!

As already mentioned,,,,it is indeed 100 posts. If you have a question that cannot be answered in an existing thread, then you can ask it in here.We'll either find you an answer, or direct you to a thread that may be able to help you.

Hey Guys ... thanks so much for the info. 100 posts, that's alot! I'm sure I'll get there eventually, but not for a while! I'm one of those "outsiders" a bit. I grew up in Ontario, to a father who was a Leafs fan. However, my mother's father, my grandfather, was a die-hard Habs fan. So any weekend we were at his house, the Montreal game would be on either the TV or radio. I was born in '69, so I was a kid in the hay-days of the Habs winning all the cups in the '70's.

Claude Mouton was the PA announcer in those days, and that's what I'm looking for. I've scoured the internet looking for video or audio of him announcing the Molson Three Stars of the Game. I can't find a clip anywhere, so I thought I'd post the request here and see if anyone know if it's available.

I now live only 2 hours from Montreal, and have been lucky enough in the last few years to get to 3 games. I absolutely LOVE going to Montreal for a game. It's an experience like no other. I've seen a couple in Boston, and they do it up pretty well too, but nothing like Montreal!

Thanks guys.

Shawn

i think there is nothing to be done about it, but since it happens regularly enough i'll ask.

when i post something in status- what's on you mind-- thread it always posts twice. any ideas why?

thanks in advance

i think there is nothing to be done about it, but since it happens regularly enough i'll ask.

when i post something in status- what's on you mind-- thread it always posts twice. any ideas why?

thanks in advance

Because you are so special! :)

thanks in advance

I don't think the problem is unique to you alone Archey. We've heard that mentioned by several members. My suggestion would be to try and download another browser such as mozilla firefox,, which eliminated many of the problems i had previously. Another suggestion would be to switch to the IP.Board (bottom left hand corner) if you haven't already done so. Not as colourful, but more post friendly IMO.

thanks in advance

The same thing happens to me aswell, but only since I've been using a new computer. I'm glad to know that it's not just me.

I don't think the problem is unique to you alone Archey. We've heard that mentioned by several members. My suggestion would be to try and download another browser such as mozilla firefox,, which eliminated many of the problems i had previously. Another suggestion would be to switch to the IP.Board (bottom left hand corner) if you haven't already done so. Not as colourful, but more post friendly IMO.

I'll have to give that a try. Thank you for the suggestion, htl.

The same thing happens to me aswell, but only since I've been using a new computer. I'm glad to know that it's not just me.

I'll have to give that a try. Thank you for the suggestion, htl.

Hope it solves your problem Clues. ;)

Hope it solves your problem Clues. ;)

And it did.

Thank you again.

Just out of curiosity, do most people here use the I.P Board or Canadiens version of the forum?

Just out of curiosity, do most people here use the I.P Board or Canadiens version of the forum?

I think most are using the IP version only because it's faster. Having said that, I use the Canadiens platform because I like the way it looks.

I think most are using the IP version only because it's faster. Having said that, I use the Canadiens platform because I like the way it looks.

Haha that was my dilemma! IP is definitely faster but the Canadiens one looks much better.

and how does it work for you?