GreekHockeyCoach

Questions, Comments, Concerns

2,073 posts in this topic

and how does it work for you?

It works great with Firefox. I also have a very fast internet connection and a quad-core processor pc so everything loads really fast.

It works great with Firefox. I also have a very fast internet connection and a quad-core processor pc so everything loads really fast.

I have never used firefox, is it basically the same thing?

I have never used firefox, is it basically the same thing?

Same as explorer but with less add ons. I find it runs way faster than explorer with a lot less crashes. Download it and try it, you'll never use explorer again.

Same as explorer but with less add ons. I find it runs way faster than explorer with a lot less crashes. Download it and try it, you'll never use explorer again.

I'll give it a try sometime then. :)

I have never used firefox,

works great.

I'll second this. Firefox is a much better browser than Explorer.

http://www.sync-blog.com/sync/2011/07/study-finds-smart-people-dont-use-internet-explorer.html

If Opera or Camino happens to be your default browser, you’re among the two brainiest groups studied, with IQs in excess of 120. Firefox, Chrome, and Safari users fall near the middle of the pack, with average IQs around 110 or so.

Internet Explorer users don’t fare quite so well. Those who use the oft-maligned (and extremely outdated) Internet Explorer 6 placed dead last and were followed closely by users of IE7 and, somewhat surprisingly, IE9. IE8 users scored slightly better, but were still an average of 20 points behind those who surf with Firefox.

There is, however, one very interesting anomaly. In addition to offering the Chrome browser, Google also provides the Chrome Frame plug-in to people who want to (or have to) use Internet Explorer as their default browser but also want HTML5 support, better standards compliance, and faster page loads. AptiQuant found that people who use Internet Explorer with Google’s Chrome Frame plug-in came out more than 30 points ahead of their vanilla-IE-using cousins. The jump makes sense, since you’d expect users who understand what Chrome Frame does and choose to install it probably have a fair amount of intelligence.

It’s always important to remember that statistics don’t necessarily tell the whole story — American journalist Gregg Easterbrook once said “Torture numbers and they’ll confess to anything.” I tend to agree with him, but I’m still feeling pretty good about my recent switch to Opera 12…

Edited by habs1952

I use Chrome and the forum loads pretty quickly.

IMO, Chrome and Firefox are both superior to IE.

I use Chrome and the forum loads pretty quickly.

Haven't tried chrome... Been using firefox for ages now and I agree, superior to IE.

Can't believe some people still use Explorer.

Haven't tried chrome... Been using firefox for ages now and I agree, superior to IE.

Can't believe some people still use Explorer.

I'm sorry.

I use the Canadiens platform... Was sick of the "leafs" blue. It's pretty fast, can't see a difference between this site and other sites I use. Use to be horrible, but been working great for at least 6 months now.

I use the Canadiens platform... Was sick of the "leafs" blue. It's pretty fast, can't see a difference between this site and other sites I use. Use to be horrible, but been working great for at least 6 months now.

I get periods of lag still on that board version. Not as bad as it originally was but i still find a difference on occasion when the traffic is heavy in here.

I get periods of lag still on that board version. Not as bad as it originally was but i still find a difference on occasion when the traffic is heavy in here.

For me, it depends which computer I use. If I use the laptop (really good one I bought the wife last year for school-super fast processor), I don't notice or have a lag. If I use the old Toshiba laptop or our desktop (3 yrs old now), then I get the odd lag. Still not too bad, much better than it use to be.

Agreed

I'm sorry.

lol

I use what came with my computer. :lol::P

chrome is the fastest.

chrome is the fastest.

If you can tell me that the only thing that will change is the speed,,,then I'll get it. If I have to go looking for my Home button, or my refresh button, or any of my other buttons, I don't want it. :unsure:

the things will change but there pretty easy to find. I have a few ones downloaded(chrome,firefox,safari and IE) so you could try chrome and if you dont like it then you can easily change back and wont lose anything.

the things will change but there pretty easy to find. I have a few ones downloaded(chrome,firefox,safari and IE) so you could try chrome and if you dont like it then you can easily change back and wont lose anything.

You DO know who your talking to,,,right 123? :lol:

Decaying grey matter here. :(

You DO know who your talking to,,,right 123? :lol:

Decaying grey matter here. :(

I don't understand.

I don't understand.

I do :lol:

Is there a Fantasy Hockey thread on this board anywhere? I never saw one but it could be a good idea.

Is there a Fantasy Hockey thread on this board anywhere? I never saw one but it could be a good idea.

Funny you should ask. :P There are two. One is a Forum Pool that is run on here and another is being started that will be run through the Yahoo Fantasy teams but with members of the board.

2011 - 2012 Forum Hockey Pool

2011-2012 Forum Yahoo Fantasy League

Edited by beaubie

Funny you should ask. :P There are two. One is a Forum Pool that is run on here and another is being started that will be run through the Yahoo Fantasy teams but with members of the board.

2011 - 2012 Forum Hockey Pool

2011-2012 Forum Yahoo Fantasy League

When does it usually start? I'm really interested in getting involved in fantasy hockey. This will be my first season so I don't really know too much about it or how to start.