GreekHockeyCoach

Questions, Comments, Concerns

2,133 posts in this topic

When does it usually start? I'm really interested in getting involved in fantasy hockey. This will be my first season so I don't really know too much about it or how to start.

If you ask that question in either one of those threads,,they'll talk you through it. ;)

If you ask that question in either one of those threads,,they'll talk you through it. ;)

Yeah, I just checked those threads out and got pretty much all the info I was lookin for. Thanks Beaubie and HTL!

Can someone make a slight change to the "Showboats Thread?" Instead of NHL's biggest showboats after scoring a score, can it be changed to scoring a goal? I thought I typed it that way when I started this thread.

Can someone make a slight change to the "Showboats Thread?" Instead of NHL's biggest showboats after scoring a score, can it be changed to scoring a goal? I thought I typed it that way when I started this thread.

No problem. ;)

If I want to ask a hockey question to a specific mod, can I just write the mods name down before the question in any forum. Or is there a smarter way? I know I can go to their profile but then knowbody else would see the question.

what do I have to do to put a picture in my background. I'm jealous :P

what do I have to do to put a picture in my background. I'm jealous :P

If your refering to a sig...you need to find one you have in mind,most members will post in here...

Habs Signatures

asking members if someone can make them a sig.....after which they will send it to you.

You then need to upload that pic to a site such as this one

photobucket

Finally,after signing into the forum here, clink onto the EDIT MY PROFLIE at the top right of the page...on the left,you'll see CHANGE SIGNATURE...you are now gonna copy & paste the link from that pic that you stored over in photobucket into your profile on here....just click the SAVE CHANGES button....and you should be good to go....you sig will now appear.

Sure hope this helps some,B)

I wonder if Greek Hockey Coach's statement "After all is said and done, more is said than done" is a thing of the past. It's certainly a true statement.

I wonder if Greek Hockey Coach's statement "After all is said and done, more is said than done" is a thing of the past. It's certainly a true statement.

Is it.................................done? :rolleyes:

If I want to ask a hockey question to a specific mod, can I just write the mods name down before the question in any forum. Or is there a smarter way? I know I can go to their profile but then knowbody else would see the question.

If you want to ask a hockey question that's relevant to the thread where you post it in, the best way to go about it would be not to address it to anyone in particular then everyone can jump in, you'll get the best answer that way. If you'd like to get the mods input on it, just post, then report your own post (using the button at the bottom left of the post) and say in your report that you would like a mod to comment. All moderators/admins will see your report, we work as a team. If you want to talk to a specific moderator, then you do it in PM.

If your refering to a sig...you need to find one you have in mind,most members will post in here...

Habs Signatures

asking members if someone can make them a sig.....after which they will send it to you.

You then need to upload that pic to a site such as this one

photobucket

Finally,after signing into the forum here, clink onto the EDIT MY PROFLIE at the top right of the page...on the left,you'll see CHANGE SIGNATURE...you are now gonna copy & paste the link from that pic that you stored over in photobucket into your profile on here....just click the SAVE CHANGES button....and you should be good to go....you sig will now appear.

Sure hope this helps some,B)

Thank you for the valuable information.

In return Catatafish grants you one wish.

If you want to ask a hockey question that's relevant to the thread where you post it in, the best way to go about it would be not to address it to anyone in particular then everyone can jump in, you'll get the best answer that way. If you'd like to get the mods input on it, just post, then report your own post (using the button at the bottom left of the post) and say in your report that you would like a mod to comment. All moderators/admins will see your report, we work as a team. If you want to talk to a specific moderator, then you do it in PM.

And thank you too. You shall also receive a wish. Hmmmm, what would batman wish for?

Thank you for the valuable information.

In return Catatafish grants you one wish.

:lol: hummmm...interesting......early retirement fully funded ......*Damm work week has arrived again....and off to work I go*....lol

and your very welcome there friend,hope I explained it good enough.:D

Edited by Forever_Habs10

I remember being able to send my email a copy of all my PMs a while back as a sort of back log. I can't seem to find the option to do that now. Some help, please would be appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by beaubie

I remember being able to send my email a copy of all my PMs a while back as a sort of back log. I can't seem to find the option to do that now. Some help, please would be appreciated. Thanks.

I think beaubie, that you have to go into my settings-your options. Go to notification options, scroll down to Private Messages & click the empty boxes under email.

Look for the following:

Notify me when I receive a new personal conversation

Notify me of replies to my personal conversations

Notify me when I am invited to a personal conversation

how do i post a photo? its in my documents as a jpeg image. lol. i'm sooooooo bad at this stuff. thanks in advance.

how do i post a photo? its in my documents as a jpeg image. lol. i'm sooooooo bad at this stuff. thanks in advance.

You'd have to upload it to a site such as http://imageshack.us/ (you'll need to make an account to it. Upload it and stick in the direct link between [ img ] [/ img ] tags (with no spaces)

You'd have to upload it to a site such as http://imageshack.us/ (you'll need to make an account to it. Upload it and stick in the direct link between [ img ] [/ img ] tags (with no spaces)

ok thanks. i think i got it. 50-50 are my real chances but i'm an optimist. :lol:

I think beaubie, that you have to go into my settings-your options. Go to notification options, scroll down to Private Messages & click the empty boxes under email.

Look for the following:

Notify me when I receive a new personal conversation

Notify me of replies to my personal conversations

Notify me when I am invited to a personal conversation

I wish that was it hrf. But it's not.

I seem to remember it being a link you could click when you were viewing all of inbox.

Edited by Forever_Habs10

Once you're in your messenger, click on the conversation. Once in the conversation, on the left column, under participants, you'll see archive conversation. It'll say "Send a copy of this conversation to a@b.com (your email)" Under that, it'll have a send now button.

Once your in your messenger, click on the conversation. Once in the conversation, on the left column, under participants, you'll see archive conversation. It'll say "Send a copy of this conversation to a@b.com (your email)" Under that, it'll have a send now button.

Coach does that only work for that particular message though?

Coach does that only work for that particular message though?

It works for that particular message and all the replies you gotten and sent. Basically you'll have to do it for each conversation separately.

I had 2 comments posted on my profile page,I noticed today one is no longer there....has it been deleted by a mod & if so,curious to know why....thanks.:D

Once you're in your messenger, click on the conversation. Once in the conversation, on the left column, under participants, you'll see archive conversation. It'll say "Send a copy of this conversation to a@b.com (your email)" Under that, it'll have a send now button.

Thanks Coach. That's it. It's too bad there other way isn't available anymore though.