GreekHockeyCoach

Questions, Comments, Concerns

2,158 posts in this topic

Please do it FL. It may become depressing sooner than any other year but it’s a staple here and it would be missed by myself anyway.

I keep tabs on it (I don't understand it :blink:, but go for it. :)

45052774_2150548055005941_5251931480367562752_n.jpg

People really love the World Juniors, right? Would it make sense for us to start a thread focused on this tournament and the young Montreal prospects who have been invited to their team's camp? I believe Romanov and Olofsson have been invited to Russia and Sweden respectively!

47 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

People really love the World Juniors, right? Would it make sense for us to start a thread focused on this tournament and the young Montreal prospects who have been invited to their team's camp? I believe Romanov and Olofsson have been invited to Russia and Sweden respectively!

I think it's an excellent idea.

How would you know if your computer really has been infected with a virus?  I got a message saying Windows 10 had detected a problem.  Was this an attempted scam?  

26 minutes ago, CANADIENS27 said:

How would you know if your computer really has been infected with a virus?  I got a message saying Windows 10 had detected a problem.  Was this an attempted scam?  

IMO, it would depend on who sent the msg. I have a virus protector that tells me when they block a certain site from accessing my PC. 

5 hours ago, CANADIENS27 said:

Probably. Especially if you've never had that message before. Just close the window of the message and see if it happens again. A lot depends on what site you're on when it happens.

18 hours ago, habs1952 said:

Probably. Especially if you've never had that message before. Just close the window of the message and see if it happens again. A lot depends on what site you're on when it happens.

I got the same message again today, also while on Yahoo and using Firefox.  I'm on Microsoft Edge now.  

Just when we thought that Cole was being put out to pasture, we have him for another 5 Habs games. :wut2:

Bob Cole was never going to go out quietly. That wouldn’t be his way.

But as the clock was ticking down on his 50 years as the voice of hockey in Canada, he thought the end was coming a week from Saturday night at Scotiabank Arena.

But then Scott Moore was pushed out as boss of Rogers Sportsnet and Cole’s farewell tour, orchestrated by his employers, was suddenly extended by six games — with the perfect ending for the brilliant broadcaster, the last Saturday of the regular season, Hockey Night In Canada, Toronto at Montreal.

Here are the final eight games Bob Cole will call to cap off his career:

Saturday, Dec. 15: Senators vs. Canadiens
Saturday, Dec. 22: Rangers vs. Maple Leafs
Saturday, Jan. 5: Predators vs. Canadiens
Wednesday, Feb. 6: Senators vs. Maple Leafs
Saturday, March 9: Senators vs. Bruins
Saturday, March 16: Blackhawks vs. Canadiens
Saturday, March 30: Canadiens vs. Jets
Saturday, April 6: Maple Leafs vs. Canadiens

Bold is mine. 

Edited by kinot-2

2 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

Just when we thought that Cole was being put out to pasture, we have him for another 5 Habs games. :wut2:

Bob Cole was never going to go out quietly. That wouldn’t be his way.

But as the clock was ticking down on his 50 years as the voice of hockey in Canada, he thought the end was coming a week from Saturday night at Scotiabank Arena.

But then Scott Moore was pushed out as boss of Rogers Sportsnet and Cole’s farewell tour, orchestrated by his employers, was suddenly extended by six games — with the perfect ending for the brilliant broadcaster, the last Saturday of the regular season, Hockey Night In Canada, Toronto at Montreal.

Here are the final eight games Bob Cole will call to cap off his career:

Saturday, Dec. 15: Senators vs. Canadiens
Saturday, Dec. 22: Rangers vs. Maple Leafs
Saturday, Jan. 5: Predators vs. Canadiens
Wednesday, Feb. 6: Senators vs. Maple Leafs
Saturday, March 9: Senators vs. Bruins
Saturday, March 16: Blackhawks vs. Canadiens
Saturday, March 30: Canadiens vs. Jets
Saturday, April 6: Maple Leafs vs. Canadiens

Bold is mine. 

Thankfully I get RDS and TVA in HD.

For the lack of a thread, I'll post this here:

A pair of courtside seats for the Christmas Day matchup between the Lakers and Warriors sold for more than $62,000, according to a report from The Action Network.

The tickets for the game at Oracle Arena were purchased on Stubhub for $62,025.86, according to the report. The final total included fees.

:4845:

11 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

A pair of courtside seats for the Christmas Day matchup between the Lakers and Warriors sold for more than $62,000, according to a report from The Action Network.

The tickets for the game at Oracle Arena were purchased on Stubhub for $62,025.86, according to the report. The final total included fees.

A little too much Christmas cheer??? 

:frech1:

12 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

I'll bet the buyer voted for Trump.

5 hours ago, H_T_L said:

A little too much Christmas cheer??? 

You mean all of them missed it?

19 minutes ago, HabsRuleForever said:

You mean all of them missed it?

What "Other Sports", there are no other sports.

3 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

What "Other Sports", there are no other sports.

In the 'Lounge'.

Question for the mods:

Can I use my user name and password here for other teams' official forums?

32 minutes ago, rocketbelifleur said:

Question for the mods:

Can I use my user name and password here for other teams' official forums?

I don't see why not. Been awhile but i have done so in the past. 

1 hour ago, H_T_L said:

I don't see why not. Been awhile but i have done so in the past. 

Okay, thanks.

Here's hoping that our members, their families, and any animal/pets they may have are warm and safe during this cold weather. 

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 10:55 PM, kinot-2 said:

Here's hoping that our members, their families, and any animal/pets they may have are warm and safe during this cold weather. 

Lol..Just surviving was our thing but thanks

I always listen to TSN 690 thru the internet, but today when I tried to bring it up, it showed the right page, but then it went  "shadowy" dark (I could still see the page) and no sound came. I just tried it with other stations and the same thing happened, even with the local stations. I even tried the station that carries the Devils,,,,,,,,,,,, same thing. Methinks they are trying the subscription route. I checked the speakers but they are fine. 

4 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

I always listen to TSN 690 thru the internet, but today when I tried to bring it up, it showed the right page, but then it went  "shadowy" dark (I could still see the page) and no sound came. I just tried it with other stations and the same thing happened, even with the local stations. I even tried the station that carries the Devils,,,,,,,,,,,, same thing. Methinks they are trying the subscription route. I checked the speakers but they are fine. 

Just tried it out and seems OK with me. Listening to the pregame show.