The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Questions, Comments, Concerns

Please tell me you didn't get the Pleknek jersey as well.

i got a deal, had Pleknec #41, Cammalleri #31 and Hakal #14. :rolleyes:

They got his name right & put #31? :lol:

Guess I was lucky they at least got his name right, they didn't seem like hockey fans, couldn't ask too much from them.

I was thinking if we could do something to increase the amount of people that go to the french side of the forum. Cyborg seems to be their only poster.

I might be mistaken,,,but I believe it was discussed about 1 1/2 -2 years ago, and from what I remember, a lot of Francophone fans post on (I think) the RDS site, instead of this one.

Guest habs1952

I was thinking if we could do something to increase the amount of people that go to the french side of the forum. Cyborg seems to be their only poster.

I think it was explained before that a lot of French speaking fans come to the English side because they speak English whereas most of us Anglos don't speak French.

I think it was explained before that a lot of French speaking fans come to the English side because they speak English whereas most of us Anglos don't speak French.

I guess so but I feel bad for the French fans who don't speak English.

I might be mistaken,,,but I believe it was discussed about 1 1/2 -2 years ago, and from what I remember, a lot of Francophone fans post on (I think) the RDS site, instead of this one.

I guess that helps.

Nothing stopping you from playing in any of the games in there. They have a playoff prediction game going now. You don't need to speak French to understand how it goes. If your stumped with something just ask. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Help

Any one see the Montreal Canadiens they where suppose to play game 5 off the playoff last night but they never showed up.

Check the infirmary.

Guest habs1952

I know no one here is behind the decisions but is it possible for this organization to come up with something that isn't torch related anymore? Yeesh.

Inspiring the young fans but yeah, I agree, it's a little lame for adults.

Inspiring the young fans but yeah, I agree, it's a little lame for adults.

It's a cool thing to pull out at the right moment but they've decided for some reason to run it into the ground. I used to love when they'd pull it out for game 1 of the playoffs or something reasonably significant, now it's just making me cringe. Even the thank you message on the home page says "merci" out of the torch. It's taken something that was unique and special and turned it into something I'm pretty sick of seeing.

To be honest, I was always pretty proud we didn't need to do stuff like that. I get marketing has a job but it was almost a source of pride that we didn't need to over market, it's like we were the Montreal Canadiens and that was enough. The last few years the site stuff has been, at least IMO, awful. The splash pages with guys faces photo shopped together and stuff feels tacky.

Like I said, maybe I'm just getting old and grouchy as I approach my mid 20's and they're likely smarter than me about that kind of thing (and I know no one here is doing it anyway). I just don't really get it. I get that they're going to do some cheese ball stuff like every team but I would have preferred to keep the torch as something special.

It's a cool thing to pull out at the right moment but they've decided for some reason to run it into the ground. I used to love when they'd pull it out for game 1 of the playoffs or something reasonably significant, now it's just making me cringe. Even the thank you message on the home page says "merci" out of the torch. It's taken something that was unique and special and turned it into something I'm pretty sick of seeing.

To be honest, I was always pretty proud we didn't need to do stuff like that. I get marketing has a job but it was almost a source of pride that we didn't need to over market, it's like we were the Montreal Canadiens and that was enough. The last few years the site stuff has been, at least IMO, awful. The splash pages with guys faces photo shopped together and stuff feels tacky.

Like I said, maybe I'm just getting old and grouchy as I approach my mid 20's and they're likely smarter than me about that kind of thing (and I know no one here is doing it anyway). I just don't really get it. I get that they're going to do some cheese ball stuff like every team but I would have preferred to keep the torch as something special.

Knowone currently on the team is carrying or is capable of carrying the torch of the past which is Stanley Cup championships, that isnt happening here anymore and like you say its time to drop it because the torch of the past is impossible to hold.

Guest habs1952

If you want something removed, just ask a mod.

I don't think this will work but here goes. Can I get TBHF removed please. :rolleyes::lol: :lol: :lol:

• H_T_L locked and unpinned this topic