The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Questions, Comments, Concerns

Just a Q or comment,for the empowered and enlightened ones please. I noticed a "member" online who has been banned, and according to their profile,,,, he/she/it has 0 posts. WTH???

Comments oh Lords of The Universe?

Most likely a spammer & if they had posted something in a thread (not just the status update) a mod will have removed it already. That's why it would say 0 posts.

(One of the)Lords of the Universe

To further HRF's thoughts...

1. Banned members can still log onto the site, but their posting ability is disabled.

2. Correct on the trades... they can still occur, but the acquired players are ineligible to play in the playoffs. Teams that are eliminated can in theory start preparing their rosters for the next season though.

1. Banned members can still log onto the site, but their posting ability is disabled.

2. Correct on the trades... they can still occur, but the acquired players are ineligible to play in the playoffs. Teams that are eliminated can in theory start preparing their rosters for the next season though.

I think there's an "unwritten" rule to not make any big transactions during the playoffs, so as not to take the spotlight off of the hockey being played.

TKS Ted. and HRF

I think there's an "unwritten" rule to not make any big transactions during the playoffs, so as not to take the spotlight off of the hockey being played.

I'm a little foggy on that, I was always under that impression (no big trades during the post season), but 2 teams no longer in the post season race have traded during the playoffs.

Habs did it a few years ago with Halak. Not a huge blockbuster move, but given the playoff performance he just had, was a significant trade.

I would figure from a GM's point of view, I wouldn't want to be wheeling and dealing before the cup finals. I'd have discussions, but I'd wait to see what other teams plans are for the next season. Would suck if you made a trade for a good player, only to find out a team as heavy favorites are knocked out and decide to blow up the team so to speak. You could've made a bid for a higher skilled player had you not pulled the trigger so early. Then, if you wait too long you may be left without any real options.

I'm a little foggy on that, I was always under that impression (no big trades during the post season), but 2 teams no longer in the post season race have traded during the playoffs.

Habs did it a few years ago with Halak. Not a huge blockbuster move, but given the playoff performance he just had, was a significant trade.

I would figure from a GM's point of view, I wouldn't want to be wheeling and dealing before the cup finals. I'd have discussions, but I'd wait to see what other teams plans are for the next season. Would suck if you made a trade for a good player, only to find out a team as heavy favorites are knocked out and decide to blow up the team so to speak. You could've made a bid for a higher skilled player had you not pulled the trigger so early. Then, if you wait too long you may be left without any real options.

Halak was traded on June 18th, 2010.

The Finals ended on June 9th, 2010.

So it was after the playoffs had ended, more than a week in fact.

Halak was traded on June 18th, 2010.

The Finals ended on June 9th, 2010.

So it was after the playoffs had ended, more than a week in fact.

You're right, it was still 12 days before FA opened, when most teams heat up their trade and FA talks. I'm sure these talks between PG and The Blues (Davidson?) started shortly after the habs exit. I remember it going down rather quickly and coming as a shock to me. I guess PG wanted to trade Halak when the memory of his cup run was still fresh in everybody's mind.

• 2 weeks later...

Just sitting here wondering, and then a thought came to mind :D , and now you Admins/Mods are thinking,,, "now what?" :lol: .( go head, and admit it).

What happens when a member, or post, is reported? Does the 1st Admin/Mod online, see the report and make a judgement call at first, and then discuss about the posting with others of your ilk? Do you Admins/Mods, discuss what to do concerning the report? Does the 1st Mod who sees the post have absolute judgement on that post/member?

Exactly what happens ( just because I don't have any warnings,,,,,,,,,,,,,,yet,,,, or anything better to do). :P:lol::ph34r: ).

All 433,298 members are begging for an answer,,,,,,well,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,save for the fortuitous few <_<:P

It pops up on our screen much like a Private Message notification. First mod to get to it usually deals with it, if it's a clear cut violation. It's only discussed amongst us if there is gray area involved.

It pops up on our screen much like a Private Message notification. First mod to get to it usually deals with it, if it's a clear cut violation. It's only discussed amongst us if there is gray area involved.

Thanks,, pretty much sums it up then. :)

Ok,,,here we go again,,,,,,,,,,for the Mods :P .

How is it that I can edit my posts in the forums,,,but not the "Recent Status Updates" ?

OK get your thinking caps on :D .

Oh,,,I knowIKNOWIKNOW.gif

"it's an executive decision",,,, or,,,"that's the way we have always done it",,,,,,,,,or "that's the way the boards are set up" or,,,,,,,,,,,,,, you just don't know. :huh::blink:

:D:P

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Question: Is hockey back yet?

There's always hockey somewhere, if you look. :lol:

"The 18th Underwater Hockey World Championships has been streaming all tournament play live on YouTube for the world to watch.
Canada is one of 20 countries participating in this year's championship, the 18th biannual, which will host more than 1,200 athletes from around the globe according to the World Underwater Federation."

Okay. Months ago(maybe even over a year ago) I complained about how I can't log in on the forum and have to go to canadiens.com. That still isn't fixed. That's okay, I'm fine with logging on over there. But now I can't log in over there either. The log in bar is blank. So I have to go to NHL.com to login. If you can't fix this either, please let me know, instead of keeping me waiting. If you can't, that is okay as well. I'm fine with logging on over there. Just wanna know if this will ever be fixed and if this is just happening to me.

• H_T_L locked and unpinned this topic