The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Questions, Comments, Concerns

Okay. Months ago(maybe even over a year ago) I complained about how I can't log in on the forum and have to go to canadiens.com. That still isn't fixed. That's okay, I'm fine with logging on over there. But now I can't log in over there either. The log in bar is blank. So I have to go to NHL.com to login. If you can't fix this either, please let me know, instead of keeping me waiting. If you can't, that is okay as well. I'm fine with logging on over there. Just wanna know if this will ever be fixed and if this is just happening to me.

First thing we always tell people is to try deleting your cache and see if that helps. Otherwise, you may need to update your web browser or see if using a different browser helps. Try those things first if you haven't already and then let us know.

Thanks a lot Ted. Okay, so I cleared my cache and I was able to log in on canadiens.com. But I still couldn't log in here. So I tried using Firefox instead of chrome, but it didn't work there either. I guess this is a problem that I'll have to continue to live with like I have for months.

Another problem was that I tried posting this on Firefox but I wasn't able to. The bar that comes up to let me type never came up(I'm on my tablet in case your wondering). But it works on Chrome.

Also another problem is that the bar that shows all the Smiley's doesn't come on my tablet, so I have to type the Smiley's but I don't remember a lot of them.

Thanks a lot Ted. Okay, so I cleared my cache and I was able to log in on canadiens.com. But I still couldn't log in here. So I tried using Firefox instead of chrome, but it didn't work there either. I guess this is a problem that I'll have to continue to live with like I have for months.

Another problem was that I tried posting this on Firefox but I wasn't able to. The bar that comes up to let me type never came up(I'm on my tablet in case your wondering). But it works on Chrome.

Also another problem is that the bar that shows all the Smiley's doesn't come on my tablet, so I have to type the Smiley's but I don't remember a lot of them.

Smileys don't come out on my tablet as well. There are also limitations of what you can do on the tablet as compared to a pc.

Smileys don't come out on my tablet as well. There are also limitations of what you can do on the tablet as compared to a pc.

Found that out the hard way.

Actually, when on my tablet or iPhone, I don't use the Habs "app". Maybe they've fixed it since, but never liked the way the habs "app" was set up (slow, limited options, odd things happening with posts, etc...). Even today when using my tablet or iPhone, I open a browser window and log into the habs website via the internet and not the app.

Ok,,, Question please. I tried to post an image, and found this.

"You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community. "

Is it because of copyright infringement? Maybe the pic was too large? dontknow.gif

I've had that same pop up. Try right clicking on the image and select copy image. Sometimes that works. Otherwise,,,,i can't help you.

I will sometimes come on to the forum via my iphone, however when I bring it up on my browser the page is all distorted, and I have to click "Full English" version at the bottom of the page to resolve the problem. Because of this small inconvenience I'm reluctant to come on the forum whilst out and about.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can overcome this issue, or is there a separate App that will allow me to access the Forum without any issues? Cheers gang.

Posted Today, 12:16 PM

kinot-1, on 17 Sept 2013 - 10:12, said:snapback.png

Ok,,, Question please. I tried to post an image, and found this.

"You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community. "

Is it because of copyright infringement? Maybe the pic was too large? dontknow.gif

I've had that same pop up. Try right clicking on the image and select copy image. Sometimes that works. Otherwise,,,,i can't help you.

You can also right click on image and select copy image url, than click on image (green square) on editor and paste in, than click OK Drag and Drop won't work.

Posted Today, 12:16 PM

kinot-1, on 17 Sept 2013 - 10:12, said:snapback.png

You can also right click on image and select copy image url, than click on image (green square) on editor and paste in, than click OK Drag and Drop won't work.

gotcha, habby4ever. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, all.....been away for a while, but upon trying to log in and do something "simple" like change my photo (avatar), I can see things have changed a bit. Logging in was a real headache. My password no longer worked, so I had to do the "forget your password?" thing and have some long string of jumbled letters/numbers emailed to me, just so I could go and change it back to what it always was. Then, when I finally did log in, as soon as I clicked on anything that had to do with editing my account, it logged me back out again. When I finally was able to get to the "Edit my profile" page, I could never upload a new photo, and I tried all kinds of different images, even ones I have used here before, just to make sure.

Ugh. One of the reasons I gravitated away for a spell was because my time became a little too valuable doing other things. But now this? Are other people having these same problems?

I'm open for solutions.

There has been some glitches with sigs and avatars rick. Moderators have also run into problems editing some of them. Sometimes you make the change and save it, and it doesn't take. I know i had to do mine several times before it finally worked. All i can say is try again and then refresh before leaving the editing site. That seemed to help me.

Sorry about your log in problem. Again i think it's a time sensitive issue. It seems things just automatically go dormant when not used for awhile,,,,including threads.

OK, never mind about the photo thing, I figured out a solution. For "jpeg" files, the extension MUST be ".jpeg" and CANNOT be ".jpg" for some strange reason. Wacky.

Now to try to figure out why it kept logging me off.....

I'll report on any other fixes I discover.

Been a fan since 1964. There are so any concerns, this team hasnt won the Cup in almost 20 years..I live in New York but know about this team as much as a Montrealer. Concerns.

Why do so many Habs fans Compare our team to the Mple Leafs?? Kind of like comparing your 'c' grades to the "F" student in school.

Why is Trevor Tiimmins so highly regarded in Montreal?? Beeen here 12 years, look at the current roster, filled with a few picks and alot of other teas castoffs..Missed on Getzlaf, Perry, MRichards, Parise, Giroux and many others...Drafted Kostitsyns, Chipchura, David (yikes) Fischer..Louis Lebust...etc..etc..Has a high grade of players still in the league, Most being third nd fourth liners or players the Habs gave up on..

Size with Skill....We need more Getzlafs and Corey Perrys, players that combine size With skill...Patches, Galchenyuk, need a couple more...Habs top two lines will have Gallagher, Gionta, Briere and Desharnais ..That is simply sad..oTTAWA Proved it in last years playoffs, a Seventh seed kicked our Butts early..Habs management doesnt seem to get the message..

Drafting, Trades and Free agency......Let's be honest..Top free agents arent signing with the Canadiens..Many players shy away due to the incredibly high Taxes in Quebec, there are the Cultural problems here, as well as a Media that can be abrasive...

So the Habs have to Draft better, trade better, and get free agents that seem to be near the end of their careers, or players nobody else wants..(Briere, Murray, Parros.)..

The good news is that Marc Bergevin comes from a class organization that has won Two recent Cups. Still, we have players like Moen, White, Diaz and Murray that only take up salary cap space and do little for the team.. Hopefully with MB running things, he will keep an eye on Timmins and his Thing for drafting so many American players..Hey Trevor, ever heard of the QMJHL, WHL and OHL...??

They say "A Picture is worth a Thousand words" Go to the site...Hockey Inside Out, first article today about Parros getting the green light to play...Look carefully at the Photo, Yes, That is Parros, but those two guys around him Arent his sons. Those are his Teammates..

"

Found here:

http://www.hockeyinsideout.com/news/parros-gets-green-light-from-doctors

Anybody able to help with this?

I will sometimes come on to the forum via my iphone, however when I bring it up on my browser the page is all distorted, and I have to click "Full English" version at the bottom of the page to resolve the problem. Because of this small inconvenience I'm reluctant to come on the forum whilst out and about.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can overcome this issue, or is there a separate App that will allow me to access the Forum without any issues? Cheers gang.

• 2 weeks later...

4 times tonight, I tried to edit a post in the "Around the League" forums, specifically the "Out of town" thread. The forum Gods saw fit not to include my edited portion, each time.

What up with that,,,I never had a problem before. < colour me frustrated >

We were just joking about board glitches in the mod forum. Ghosts and goblins are out a little early this year. :lol:

• H_T_L locked and unpinned this topic