The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Questions, Comments, Concerns

Heya Folks,

I'm not sure where to post this question and can't start a thread in some parts of the forum so it's going here. :) I'm going to be in Montreal this weekend and will be staying downtown. Can someone recommend a good sports bar for the game on Saturday night, November 2nd? Somewhere with lots of Habs fans. Rowdy environment. Not fighting rowdy, just lots of people having fun and enjoying the game. Thanks a million in advance.

What happened to HRH's favorite NFL team Sunday? Why risk a handoff after stopping Detroit on downs in the final two minutes and how did the secondary allow receivers to get wide open and fail to protect the boundary? And what happened to the goal line defense? He can respond on the NFL thread.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question, not sure if this is the right place for it but here goes:

What is the goalie crease for / what are the rule surrounding the goalie crease?

I believe if a player puts his hand on the puck in the goalie crease that its a penalty shot. Are there any other rules surrounding the goalie crease?

Thank you!

I have a question, not sure if this is the right place for it but here goes:

What is the goalie crease for / what are the rule surrounding the goalie crease?

I believe if a player puts his hand on the puck in the goalie crease that its a penalty shot. Are there any other rules surrounding the goalie crease?

Thank you!

Goaltender interference is much more strict in the goalie crease, and obviously closing your hand on the puck in the crease results in a penalty shot. Everything is a little muddier since they got rid of what I call the Brett Hull rule, but even when its black and white the league still screwed it up, so its not like it makes a difference really.

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone have any idea why I am having problems on the forums? 1st of,,, I can't quote anyone,,,next,,, when I post, my typing is grey, and not "distinct" ,,, and of course the missing emicons. I tried cleaning the PC, ,,, nothing different. It was alright yesterday, and I didn't do anything different. One more thing, I had to go to "More Reply Options" to post this.

Help!!

Does anyone have any idea why I am having problems on the forums? 1st of,,, I can't quote anyone,,,next,,, when I post, my typing is grey, and not "distinct" ,,, and of course the missing emicons. I tried cleaning the PC, ,,, nothing different. It was alright yesterday, and I didn't do anything different. One more thing, I had to go to "More Reply Options" to post this.

Help!!

The forum's been pretty awful to use for about a month for me. It's nearly impossible to edit posts, every time I do post all my spacing is gone and it shows up as one huge paragraph. You'll get used to it.

The forum's been pretty awful to use for about a month for me. It's nearly impossible to edit posts, every time I do post all my spacing is gone and it shows up as one huge paragraph. You'll get used to it.

Whoa,,,I can quote now. Had to come in from the start, instead of just clicking on my favs, and having the forums show up. Still nothing across the top tho., still grey. No emicons, bold, etc. But it's better than nothing, I suppose.

Whoa,,,I can quote now. Had to come in from the start, instead of just clicking on my favs, and having the forums show up. Still nothing across the top tho., still grey. No emicons, bold, etc. But it's better than nothing, I suppose.

The problem seems to be exclusive to you at the moment kinot. Everybody has experienced similar problems (maybe not all at the same time). Something we've learned to live with i guess. Other suggestions would be to clear your cookies and history.

Finally tried System Restore,,,,didn't work, so I went back to Internet Explorer instead of Firefox. At least I have something, but still not the stuff at the top of the reply box.

Does it look greyed out like the image below or totally grey? If it looks like this, click on the "switch" button on the top left corner and the rest of the buttons will be activated

Image1_zpse4d11582.jpg

Does it look greyed out like the image below or totally grey? If it looks like this, click on the "switch" button on the top left corner and the rest of the buttons will be activated

Image1_zpse4d11582.jpg

WOW,,,it's working now CRB,,, A HUGE thanks :) ,,, I never thought that I would see wall switches on the net. :o

i can't do quotes either and copy and paste doesn't work. I tried switching to import style but it didn't help.

copy and paste does work on the puter in general but I have no other web site that I use to test quoting. sorry.

I'm planning a trip to Montreal next October/November (I'm from Norway), and was wondering if there are any problems getting tickets for an NHL game in Bell Centre?

Should I get them online, or should I get them in Montreal when I arrive?

Hello! You should definitely try to get them online before you go, as the games are regularly sold out. Other members might be able to help you more with exact dates, but tickets for the whole year generally go on sale in early September. Even then you may need to get a little bit lucky, since there are so many people trying to get tickets that there is an online queue.

We have a tickets thread here on the forum (http://fans.canadiens.nhl.com/community/topic/27757-2013-2014-tickets-thread/) where we usually post information about when they will be on sale and how to go about buying them. Check back there in August, and if you don't see the information that you're looking for just ask a question and I'm sure someone will be able to help you out.

And most importantly, enjoy your trip! :) I've only been to the Bell Centre to catch a game twice, but both were really memorable experiences.

ip help board has a solution to ie11 which I'm using copy and paste /quoting which involves global something in the skin which if you think I understand what that is about you have another thing coming. :lol:

ip help board has a solution to ie11 which I'm using copy and paste /quoting which involves global something in the skin which if you think I understand what that is about you have another thing coming. :lol:

I dont really know what to tell you other than use Firefox or Chrome. I just tried copy/paste and quoting in ie11 and it didn't work either

I dont really know what to tell you other than use Firefox or Chrome. I just tried copy/paste and quoting in ie11 and it didn't work either

archey, I just tried again and saw that the security settings in ie11 are causing the problem, they don't 'like' the formatting applet used on this forum. So if you absolutely need to use ie11 and want to quote and copy paste, contrary to the advice I gave kinot, you'll have to switch off the formatting tools.

Any formatting will then have to be done manually with [ ] codes

As CRB said, ie doesn't work well with our platform. I had all sorts of problems with ie until I switched to Firefox.

Tried it with Google chrome and works as well.

Is there a reason why you absolutely have to use explorer?

I figure all your favorite websites are bookmarked in ie, but they do give you the option to transfer them when you install chrome or firefox.

Also, wasn't just with our website than I had issues, I had issues using ie with other websites as well. I finally switched over a few years back and haven't had the issues I use to have when using ie.

• H_T_L locked and unpinned this topic