The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Questions, Comments, Concerns

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone else experiencing a bit of lag for the last few days while on the forum?

Try deleting your temp internet files. While somewhat counter-intuitive; this can help sometimes. Is your computer running slow in general? And finally, which browser are you using?

Nope. Are you using kinot's computer?

71vzqwevgal-_sl1200_.jpg

Guest habs1952

Try deleting your temp internet files. While somewhat counter-intuitive; this can help sometimes. Is your computer running slow in general? And finally, which browser are you using?

It's only lagging on the forum. Started just a couple of days ago. Firefox.

Have had the same thing. There have been stretches over the past couple of days where the forum has been immensely slow to load and post comments. Other sites also working fine for me, just the forum that's slow, so definitely not my computer or internet connection.

• 1 month later...
Guest habs1952

Does anyone know how many employees are needed for a Habs home game? That would include everyone from the ticket takers, Zamboni operaters, or concessions staff. A reasonable ball park figure will do. :)

I would guess about 500.

Does anyone know how many employees are needed for a Habs home game? That would include everyone from the ticket takers, Zamboni operaters, or concessions staff. A reasonable ball park figure will do. :)

According to Siegfried and Zimbalist in a study published in a 2000 issue of the Journal of Economic Perspectives, major league sports teams typically "hire approximately 1000-1500 day-of-game personnel". They were including football, which obviously has larger buildings. 500-600 or so seems like a reasonable estimate to me.

A 6 December 2012 article from the Arizona Republic discussing arena employees impacted by the lockout said that the arena in Glendale had "more than 500 part-time arena workers".

I was pondering something and although I wouldn't want to see this happen, it is the only solution that would kind of save face... I think Pacioretty was the wrong choice for captain. I think he should be stripped, but that would look really bad "unclassy" and classiness is almost as important as a french speaking coach is to the organization. My solution would be to trade Pacman for something good. I am making no trade proposals, maybe someone else can or at least offer an opinion. I think if pacman was traded and Gallagher was named captain that would save the team from the embarrassment of acknowledging that they made a mistake. That is probably one of the reasons Bergevin won't fire Therrien.

I would guess about 500.

According to Siegfried and Zimbalist in a study published in a 2000 issue of the Journal of Economic Perspectives, major league sports teams typically "hire approximately 1000-1500 day-of-game personnel". They were including football, which obviously has larger buildings. 500-600 or so seems like a reasonable estimate to me.

A 6 December 2012 article from the Arizona Republic discussing arena employees impacted by the lockout said that the arena in Glendale had "more than 500 part-time arena workers".

Thanks guys. :)

I was pondering something and although I wouldn't want to see this happen, it is the only solution that would kind of save face... I think Pacioretty was the wrong choice for captain. I think he should be stripped, but that would look really bad "unclassy" and classiness is almost as important as a french speaking coach is to the organization. My solution would be to trade Pacman for something good. I am making no trade proposals, maybe someone else can or at least offer an opinion. I think if pacman was traded and Gallagher was named captain that would save the team from the embarrassment of acknowledging that they made a mistake. That is probably one of the reasons Bergevin won't fire Therrien.

It was the players that selected Max as Captain, so i don't see the correlation your making with MT and MB??? It wasn't their mistake, unless your thinking it was their error in letting the players choose??

It was the players that selected Max as Captain, so i don't see the correlation your making with MT and MB??? It wasn't their mistake, unless your thinking it was their error in letting the players choose??

While HTL was kind to reply, this is off topic in this thread. Please post to the appropriate thread for further discussion.

Could a mod/admin please remove my GDT for today as I thought that Clues had forgot about doing it (she didn't), and I mistakenly put one up in her place, and I then tried to remove mine, but couldn't.

Thanks

Done

When can I create the thread?

New Gameday threads should be created no sooner than the day before the game and no later than 3 PM ET on game day (10 AM ET for matinee games). For back to back games, wait until the first game is finished before creating a thread for the second.

When can I create the thread?

New Gameday threads should be created no sooner than the day before the game and no later than 3 PM ET on game day (10 AM ET for matinee games). For back to back games, wait until the first game is finished before creating a thread for the second.

I'll remember that. You can be darn sure it won't happen again.

• H_T_L locked and unpinned this topic