The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Questions, Comments, Concerns

14 minutes ago, Habberwacky said:

NHL getting undermined by the Russians perhaps trying to replace Bettman  and  support errr..... Kinot?  If this was the NBA I'd be thinking Colangelo might have something to with it.:ph34r: Either that or someone doesn't want to admit they pulled the plug by accident.

:4224:

59 minutes ago, Habberwacky said:

NHL getting undermined by the Russians perhaps trying to replace Bettman  and  support errr..... Kinot?  If this was the NBA I'd be thinking Colangelo might have something to with it.:ph34r: Either that or someone doesn't want to admit they pulled the plug by accident.

The Colangelo story is pretty interesting, if you've read the inside story on how it was uncovered and all the leads that really point to his owning those burner accounts. I'd suggest anyone who hasn't read the back story go look it up. But what was equally interesting is that people have asked other execs in the NBA whether they too have burner accounts and they told reporters, yes we all do, we just don't tweet from them.

So with that being the case, it's got to be a near certainty that GM's or execs in the NHL have these fake accounts too. Wouldn't be surprising for MB to have one/some and the same for Geoff Molson. Heck, maybe they're even members here, albeit members who don't post anything and maybe read what we have to say from time to time.

24 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

The Colangelo story is pretty interesting, if you've read the inside story on how it was uncovered and all the leads that really point to his owning those burner accounts. I'd suggest anyone who hasn't read the back story go look it up. But what was equally interesting is that people have asked other execs in the NBA whether they too have burner accounts and they told reporters, yes we all do, we just don't tweet from them.

So with that being the case, it's got to be a near certainty that GM's or execs in the NHL have these fake accounts too. Wouldn't be surprising for MB to have one/some and the same for Geoff Molson. Heck, maybe they're even members here, albeit members who don't post anything and maybe read what we have to say from time to time.

We could only hope lol

51 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

I'll take a look at that back story, but didn't realise the highly competitive and lucrative sports entertainment business has become a new place for espionage. I need to put away my tinfoil hat reality appears to have entered the realm of the bizarre. Makes one wonder who is really running the show from behind that Habs curtain. 

1 hour ago, BigTed3 said:

Seriously though, I do believe you're right, that members of management, the owner, players themselves and specially members of the media do monitor and read our input here.

Edited by Habs=stanleycup
1 hour ago, BigTed3 said:

Obviously they don't compehend constructive criticism. 

44 minutes ago, Habberwacky said:

I'll take a look at that back story, but didn't realise the highly competitive and lucrative sports entertainment business has become a new place for espionage. I need to put away my tinfoil hat reality appears to have entered the realm of the bizarre. Makes one wonder who is really running the show from behind that Habs curtain. 

There are spies everywhere, just ask Donald Trump.

3 hours ago, Habberwacky said:

Where's you tin hat? :4322:

2 hours ago, BigTed3 said:

:ph34r:

On 5/31/2018 at 4:35 PM, BigTed3 said:

Honestly, id be more surprised if they didnt have accounts.  Its human nature.  All these guys say "Oh i dont watch / read the media" but you know a lot of them do. 

With my work Ive become very good friends with a number of celebrities & its funny to see how many of them have their public accounts & then their fake ones that they use to browse things incognito.  The other thing would be assistants or handlers. So i wouldnt be surprised at all if players & management have or possibly do regularly, read this board.  I doubt they put much weight on such things but its possible they gauge public opinion. 

On this board  we're at least respectful of the person, if not the job they are doing. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

FWIW, TSN announced that, in partnership with the Humboldt Broncos and Saskatchewan Junior Hockey League (SJHL), the network will broadcast the Broncos’ season opener against the Nipawin Hawks, live from Humboldt, SK on Wednesday, Sept. 12 at 6:30 p.m. CT / 8:30 p.m. ET on TSN and CTV Saskatchewan.

2 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

FWIW, TSN announced that, in partnership with the Humboldt Broncos and Saskatchewan Junior Hockey League (SJHL), the network will broadcast the Broncos’ season opener against the Nipawin Hawks, live from Humboldt, SK on Wednesday, Sept. 12 at 6:30 p.m. CT / 8:30 p.m. ET on TSN and CTV Saskatchewan.

This.

Thanks kinot.

On 9/7/2018 at 0:57 AM, kinot-2 said:

Also, TSN will have an hour pregame about the Broncos. 

There will be remembrance ceremonies after the game so that the players can concentrate on the game. 

Just now, HabsRuleForever said:

Even though they lost the game, just playing it was a win.

We are all Humboldt Broncos.

Being from Saskatchewan I’d like to thank everyone  from this forum & around the world for their support during this tragedy.

#HumboldtStrong

^^^ This. 

• 3 weeks later...

Do we want to tally the MN again this year? Consensus seems to be to tank but I’m getting older and there’s a 0% chance of winning the Cup by missing the playoffs so I always root to make it (anything can happen) even if long term it might be better to hope for a chance at the #1 pick.

I’ve got a new sheet that makes it easier for me to track lottery finishes if (when) that’s what it comes down to so I can easily add a line to track that kind of stuff. 

Maybe a separate thread isn’t necessary and I can post the table in another thread if that’s what might be best. 

Edited by Flying_Lion
Older. I don’t want to admit to being old yet.
2 hours ago, Flying_Lion said:

Do we want to tally the MN again this year? Consensus seems to be to tank but I’m getting older and there’s a 0% chance of winning the Cup by missing the playoffs so I always root to make it (anything can happen) even if long term it might be better to hope for a chance at the #1 pick.

I’ve got a new sheet that makes it easier for me to track lottery finishes if (when) that’s what it comes down to so I can easily add a line to track that kind of stuff. 

Maybe a separate thread isn’t necessary and I can post the table in another thread if that’s what might be best. 

It's been pretty much a staple in here for years but I can certainly see the point. Wouldn't bother me much if it's not tracked from the start. If things develop the way most predict in here, then there's not much point.. If this version of the Habs somehow overachieves and surprises us all,,, then I suppose we can always pick it up mid season. State Of The Habs thread could always serve as a short term fill in the meantime.

4 hours ago, Flying_Lion said:

Invert the the teams and we can be in 'first' place all season long.

1 minute ago, habs1952 said:

Invert the the teams and we can be in 'first' place all season long.

Ottawa, Detroit, and Vancouver might have something to say about that. We're not the only team that's been grossly mismanaged.