The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Questions, Comments, Concerns

• 8 months later...

Here's a comment.  The Ontario government has passed legislation that would end the bi-annual changing of clocks, making daylight savings time permanent in the province—but the change will only happen if neighbouring jurisdictions agree. Meaning New York & Quebec. Works for me.

• 1 month later...
25 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Curiously, has there ever been any consideration to bringing back the specific player threads?

The thought at the time that we got rid of them was that for all the work it took creating threads each year and for all the space they took up on the site, there were maybe a half dozen that got used with any sort of regularity.  We also got rid of them at the same time as we moved the site to a significantly less structured format in general.  We figured that if there was a player worth talking about (new signing, someone playing well, constant trade rumours, etc.) that someone could still make a thread to discuss that player while they're more relevant, while other smaller comments could just fall into catch-all threads like State of the Habs or injuries.

Now with all that said, we're not hardcore against bringing them back or anything if that's something people want to see :).

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/14/2021 at 8:42 AM, jennifer_rocket said:

Curiously, has there ever been any consideration to bringing back the specific player threads?

On 1/14/2021 at 9:17 AM, Manatee-X said:

The thought at the time that we got rid of them was that for all the work it took creating threads each year and for all the space they took up on the site, there were maybe a half dozen that got used with any sort of regularity.  We also got rid of them at the same time as we moved the site to a significantly less structured format in general.  We figured that if there was a player worth talking about (new signing, someone playing well, constant trade rumours, etc.) that someone could still make a thread to discuss that player while they're more relevant, while other smaller comments could just fall into catch-all threads like State of the Habs or injuries.

Now with all that said, we're not hardcore against bringing them back or anything if that's something people want to see :).

I was one of the people who didnt love the idea of getting rid of the threads (although totally understood the reasoning).  

What i like is that they have happened organically - we now have threads for several players but do we really need one for Kulak or Poehling unless someone has something specific they want to talk about?   So, if you wanted to start one for a player because you really think we need a dedicated place to talk about Tomas Tatar then go for it :)

5 hours ago, H_T_L said:

I'm sure most of you have noticed the new board look. Before kinot says anything,,,,, it wasn't us.:frech1: 

Yeah, missing the Habs logos and colours .... looks really strange after you got used to the old one.   I also notice that the links to rest of the Habs site are missing at top.

35 minutes ago, HabsAlways said:

Yeah, missing the Habs logos and colours .... looks really strange after you got used to the old one.   I also notice that the links to rest of the Habs site are missing at top.

Hrm. They are all there for me... 

7 hours ago, H_T_L said:

I'm sure most of you have noticed the new board look. Before kinot says anything,,,,, it wasn't us.:frech1: 

Have you ever thought of going into politics, cuz I hear a lot of "it wasn't us" from them too. 

4 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

That's weird. Is that from a desktop or Phone? Have you tried logging out and back in??? Anybody else getting this?

Try changing your theme preference.

I have the 1st pic. 

• H_T_L locked and unpinned this topic