The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Questions, Comments, Concerns

Ever since the latest upgrade/update, I'm seeing weird numeric code instead of buttons all over the forums. Any idea how to get rid of this? I've tried both Firefox and Chrome but the issue is present in both browsers (see screenshots).

numeric_codes.jpg.32ebaf19819bc3e808ad0da23258245a.jpg

numeric_codes_2.jpg

Edited by ChiLla
1 hour ago, ChiLla said:

Ever since the latest upgrade/update, I'm seeing weird numeric code instead of buttons all over the forums. Any idea how to get rid of this? I've tried both Firefox and Chrome but the issue is present in both browsers (see screenshots).

numeric_codes_2.jpg

I went into your account to see if yours was different then anybody else but it's the same. Those boxes are all drop down menus if you click on them

2 hours ago, H_T_L said:

I went into your account to see if yours was different then anybody else but it's the same. Those boxes are all drop down menus if you click on them

Thanks for looking into this boss, so no chance to fix it somewhow? It's kinda annoying and gives the impression of the forum being in beta stage. I don't think the issue is limited to dropdowns, those boxes are essentially everywhere. It's as if they're replacing some sort of symbol in the HTML/CSS code of the webpage.

symbols.jpg

1 hour ago, ChiLla said:

Thanks for looking into this boss, so no chance to fix it somewhow? It's kinda annoying and gives the impression of the forum being in beta stage. I don't think the issue is limited to dropdowns, those boxes are essentially everywhere. It's as if they're replacing some sort of symbol in the HTML/CSS code of the webpage.

symbols.jpg

I  don't see a way to change it Chil. They hid a lot with those boxes with that latest upgrade. I've had to do some searching of my own to find where things were at. I'm use to it now but i can see how some find it annoying compared to the way it was. They even took our option of changing board themes away.

11 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

I  don't see a way to change it Chil. They hid a lot with those boxes with that latest upgrade. I've had to do some searching of my own to find where things were at. I'm use to it now but i can see how some find it annoying compared to the way it was. They even took our option of changing board themes away.

Too bad, never mind though. I'll deal with it and let's hope it gets fixed at some point.

11 hours ago, ChiLla said:

numeric_codes_2.jpg

the aliens are trying to contact you...........

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, HabsRuleForever said:

Well that’s helpful.

I’m on my phone as well and I’ve had several issues. When Mr. HTL reads this he’ll help you.

I will??? I thought you would be giving him advice based on your own phone issues.:lol:

GHC recommended using microsoft edge to open your device. He says it works the best, seeing as the old version is no longer available. I'm one of those dinosaurs that don't use cell phones so i have no personal experience to share.

Hope that helps 

On 2/18/2021 at 3:00 PM, booboo_mtl said:

Anyone else having issues with this site on their phone? I'm forced to scroll way down passed 31 large team logos to see these threads, maybe I'm doing something wrong?

I don't have that issue, but I noticed that I don't have the option to edit for the first 30 seconds after I post. Has this option been removed? I just have to recheck my speelling before I post, I guess.

1 hour ago, electron58 said:

I don't have that issue, but I noticed that I don't have the option to edit for the first 30 seconds after I post. Has this option been removed? I just have to recheck my speelling before I post, I guess.

In the top right hand corner of your post there is a small box. Click on it and you'll get a drop down menu with the edit option.

2 hours ago, electron58 said:

:4224:

On 2/20/2021 at 11:33 AM, H_T_L said:

In the top right hand corner of your post there is a small box. Click on it and you'll get a drop down menu with the edit option.

Thanks H_T_L. Never even noticed that. What's the delay before that dropbox goes away ? or is there one?

16 minutes ago, electron58 said:

Thanks H_T_L. Never even noticed that. What's the delay before that dropbox goes away ? or is there one?

Not sure. I think it's about 5 minutes but don't quote me because mods and admin. are unlimited.

3 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

Not sure. I think it's about 5 minutes but don't quote me because mods and admin. are unlimited.

Perfect,  H_T_L. That will give me plenty of time to re-read. Thanks.

1 minute ago, electron58 said:

Perfect,  H_T_L. That will give me plenty of time to re-read. Thanks.

If something really bothers you, and your time to edit has expired, you can always PM one of the team to edit for you.