The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Random Chat

GreekHockeyCoach

I, for one, and many of you, if not all,,,expected/hoped hockey to begin in earnest in Oct., but that didn't happen. Instead, we are reduced to scrounging for, 1st of all, any information on the "talks", then we resorted to trying to find any hockey games on TV, or on the net, being the CHL,,,AHL,, Euro leagues, or the KHL..but, it's not the same.

It's true, that neither side has any feelings for the fans, and are only looking after their own self interests.

The "Game" is being thrown under the bus, along with the fans.

I feel sorry for our fans, like 123,,beaubie,,htb, and many other younger Habs fans and future fans, because this will be the norm,,and not the exception.

Every contract year will be the same. It won't matter what they call it,,,,strike,,or lockout,,,,same thing. Sure,,, the owners and players are losing money, but what of the "other" businesses (and by extension, the workers) that depend on hockey games, to make a living.

I REALLY don't like what the NHL has become. :angry:

I, for one, and many of you, if not all,,,expected/hoped hockey to begin in earnest in Oct., but that didn't happen. Instead, we are reduced to scrounging for, 1st of all, any information on the "talks", then we resorted to trying to find any hockey games on TV, or on the net, being the CHL,,,AHL,, Euro leagues, or the KHL..but, it's not the same.

It's true, that neither side has any feelings for the fans, and are only looking after their own self interests.

I feel sorry for our fans, like 123,,beaubie,,htb, and many other younger Habs fans and future fans, because this will be the norm,,and not the exception.

Every contract year will be the same. It won't matter what they call it,,,,strike,,or lockout,,,,same thing. Sure,,, the owners and players are losing money, but what of the "other" businesses (and by extension, the workers) that depend on hockey games, to make a living.

we should start a riot!!!!!

a non violent riot because promoting violence is badddddd

what it is though mostly is the US and the attitude of having to finish the arguement with your side winning and nothing else.

i've been talking change and compromise for twenty year or more on most of the major political issues and.....nothing

I am going back to the previouse conversation about war,my father was in WW2 his ship was bombed and he was always in the middle of it the only time I ever heard him talk about it was when my sister said she hated Germans(this was in 1951) my father asked her why,she said because of what they did in the war,my father told her she should never hate anyone and that bad things were done on both sides,he said he saw sailors being shot in the water by both sides,so they didn't have to take them on board.There are no winners in war.

I see that in the U.S., the Powerball lottery is estimated at $550,000,000 :blink: .

They said on the Detroit news that you would have to spend $400,000 to make sure you have every possible combination of numbers. A lump sum payment would be $360.2 mil. before taxes.I hope our members in the U.S. got their tickets. :)

The draw is tonite.

I see that in the U.S., the Powerball lottery is estimated at $550,000,000 :blink: .

They said on the Detroit news that you would have to spend $400,000 to make sure you have every possible combination of numbers. A lump sum payment would be $360.2 mil. before taxes.I hope our members in the U.S. got their tickets. :)

The draw is tonite.

400,000,000 i think to make sure.

Guest habs1952

The draw is tonite.

400,000,000 i think to make sure.

The odds are 1 in 195,249,054. Your welcome.

i don't know why i was thinking about it today but it occurs to me that if i went out and spent 20 bucks on a patch that said internet captain and put it on my habs jersey and walked amongst canadians what a TOTAL HONOR it would be.

anyway. like i said, i don't know why i was thinking about it today.

I go to my fav store,,,and as I'm getting out of the car/suv/truck, I spot this guy walking into Walmart. He's dressed in camo pants and camo jacket. The first thought that came to mind was,,,,,,,,,,,"I can seeeeeee yyyyyooooouuuuu". He wasn't blending in with the vehicles, carts, lampposts, or people at all. Clearly,,,,he was doing it wrong. There was no game in the parking lot (that I could see, dressed in vehicle camo perhaps? :rolleyes: ), just seagulls.

Guest habs1952

I go to my fav store,,,and as I'm getting out of the car/suv/truck, I spot this guy walking into Walmart. He's dressed in camo pants and camo jacket. The first thought that came to mind was,,,,,,,,,,,"I can seeeeeee yyyyyooooouuuuu". He wasn't blending in with the vehicles, carts, lampposts, or people at all. Clearly,,,,he was doing it wrong. There was no game in the parking lot (that I could see, dressed in vehicle camo perhaps? :rolleyes: ), just seagulls.

You should enjoy this:

People of Wal-mart

• 2 weeks later...
Guest habs1952

These CBA negotiations are trivial compared to what happened in Connecticut today. I can't even begin to imagine the horror show that went on in that school. :angry::(:angry::(

I have no idea how to process it myself. I can only imagine the pain those people are going through right now. I've also shed a tear a few times today for those defenseless children (& adults) who lost their lives today.

Like one commentator said,,,if the shooter wanted to kill his mother,,,he could have done it anytime, and anywhere. Kindergarten to Grade 4,,,,,so sad.

I have no idea how to process it myself. I can only imagine the pain those people are going through right now. I've also shed a tear a few times today for those defenseless children (& adults) who lost their lives today.

These things are hard to deal with at any time of the year, but for some reason, just before the holidays, it's almost worse.

Like I posted on FB, instead of shopping for presents, wrapping them, decorating the house and tree, they'll be making funeral arrangements and in mourning.

The holiday season will never be the same for the families of the victims.