The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Random Chat

GreekHockeyCoach

:P

<_<

I've been getting a pop-up survey from NHL.com in the last few days. So, I come on here today (a few mins. ago), and find the pop-up. It's a survey asking 3 questions (maybe it won't come back <_< : ).

Male or Female

Where do I come on here from,,,,home,,,work,,,or other.

Now,,,for my participation, they will give me a coupon,for,,,drum roll please DRUMMER.gif, "anti-aging cream,,,diet stuff,,,,and teeth whitener".

So, they think I am wrinkley, overweight, and have yellow teeth. :lol: :lol:

Guest habs1952

<_<

I've been getting a pop-up survey from NHL.com in the last few days. So, I come on here today (a few mins. ago), and find the pop-up. It's a survey asking 3 questions (maybe it won't come back <_< : ).

Male or Female

Where do I come on here from,,,,home,,,work,,,or other.

Now,,,for my participation, they will give me a coupon,for,,,drum roll please DRUMMER.gif, "anti-aging cream,,,diet stuff,,,,and teeth whitener".

So, they think I am wrinkley, overweight, and have yellow teeth. :lol: :lol:

Well, you are old, you admitted yourself your 10 pounds overweight, and you need glasses because the last item wasn't teeth whitener it was denture cream. I hope you took the coupon. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You know what I realized

I dont hate mondays as much as I hate sundays.

I mean think about it, you hate monday. But when do you hate monday the most? On a sunday. You have all day to spend knowing you have to get things done, go to bed early, etc. etc.

Sunday for years has just been a dont go anywhere stay in the house and anticipate monday day.

That being said, I also dont like anticipating tuesdays or wednesdays. :lol:

You know what I realized

I dont hate mondays as much as I hate sundays.

I mean think about it, you hate monday. But when do you hate monday the most? On a sunday. You have all day to spend knowing you have to get things done, go to bed early, etc. etc.

Sunday for years has just been a dont go anywhere stay in the house and anticipate monday day.

That being said, I also dont like anticipating tuesdays or wednesdays. :lol:

Ya, I love Fridays and Saturdays. Waking up late and then sleeping early which happens on Sundays suck.

Sorry to hear about your leg Archey,I haven't been around much so I don't know how it happened,but I hope it sorts itself out.

I have not been having a lot of good luck myself,3 years ago we moved to the sunshine coast to get out of the city it was a big disaster,we moved back to Vancouver a year ago and it's taken us this long to get settled,now my daughter ha cancer of the blood,it's called Myeloma,they found it really early so we hope it will be allright and she is responding to teatment well,but it's hard for me because I can't get to England,we used up all of our savings over the past three years and I let all my travel documents lapse,and it's going to cost a lot to update them, then the fare,so I am a bit in the dumps myself and since moving back to the city I haven't made any friends here again so I have no one to talk to only Mike,he is really good but it would be nice to talk to another women,I suppose I mustn't complain I still have a roof over my head and food to eat,I should think myself lucky.

I hope everyone else is well since I have been away,and at least hocky is back.

GO HABS GO unsure.gifunsure.gif

Hope your Daughter pulls a 100% Recovery, Im sure she will :)

Stompin Tom Connors has passed away, at age 77. IMO, he was a Canadian icon,,,,who loved Canada and sang about everything from P.E.I potatoes to tobacco in Tillsonburg, to Sudbury Sat. nights. A true Canadian who wore his Nationism on his sleeve.

You may be gone,,,,but your Canadiana songs live on.

And of course everyone remembers "The Hockey Song"

Full story here:

http://www.ctvnews.ca/entertainment/stompin-tom-connors-dies-at-77-1.1185264

At the bottom of the article, you can see 4 of his vidoes.

R.I.P, Stompin Tom, you will be missed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Necessaties for todays walk? Tank-top,,,shorts,,sandals, MP3 :D . Motorcycle and trailer washed, checked out,,,hooked up,,,and ready to ride. Trouble is,,,,it's supposed to rain or cold, the next 3 days. Mon. looking good tho ,,,,,,,,,,,VRRRROOM,,,VRRROOM, VRRROOM. :)

I know that the NHL has liscensing agreements with the makers of various products, but this morning when I opened my weekly sales flyers, I found that those agreements had extended to team logos on toothbrushes, oven mits,,,,and bubble-gum machines.

I suppose I shouldn't be too surprised,,,but it seems never-ending.

I have a small 5 cu. foot freezer, which was about 1/2 full. Well late last night I went to get something out, and low and behold,,,,the freezer had stopped running :angry: . OK,,,,how bad is it,,,,,what can I save,,,,where can I put it? Thankfully, I could save everything,,,,some food was still frozen but more was either thawed or partially thawed. The food that was thawed or partially thawed, I knew I could cook and refreze :D . So, I started last night (11:30) by frying up 4 LBs. of bacon, and nuking 16 pieces of chicken thighs. Today, I am cooking or have cooked 2 LBs. of hamburger,,,,8 steaks,,,6 LBs. of back ribs., 8 skinless/boneless chicken breasts, 1 LB. of wieners, and 1 1/2 LBs. of shrimp. On the adgenda for tomorrow,,,,I whole chicken,,,,and I roast. Oven, crock-pots (2), and the stove top are working overtime. :lol:

If none of you show up tomorrow,, <_< ,then I'll put them back in the freezer,,,,,which wasn't working because of the wall plug. I fixed that last night. :)

Pros,,,,,,,I won't have to cook for a while. :D

Cons,,,,,I never expected to do a lot of cooking last night and today, and tomorrow. :(

Did I mention that dinner is at 6:00 PM, sharp? :rolleyes:

I have a small 5 cu. foot freezer, which was about 1/2 full. Well late last night I went to get something out, and low and behold,,,,the freezer had stopped running :angry: . OK,,,,how bad is it,,,,,what can I save,,,,where can I put it? Thankfully, I could save everything,,,,some food was still frozen but more was either thawed or partially thawed. The food that was thawed or partially thawed, I knew I could cook and refreze :D . So, I started last night (11:30) by frying up 4 LBs. of bacon, and nuking 16 pieces of chicken thighs. Today, I am cooking or have cooked 2 LBs. of hamburger,,,,8 steaks,,,6 LBs. of back ribs., 8 skinless/boneless chicken breasts, 1 LB. of wieners, and 1 1/2 LBs. of shrimp. On the adgenda for tomorrow,,,,I whole chicken,,,,and I roast. Oven, crock-pots (2), and the stove top are working overtime. :lol:

If none of you show up tomorrow,, <_< ,then I'll put them back in the freezer,,,,,which wasn't working because of the wall plug. I fixed that last night. :)

Pros,,,,,,,I won't have to cook for a while. :D

Cons,,,,,I never expected to do a lot of cooking last night and today, and tomorrow. :(

Did I mention that dinner is at 6:00 PM, sharp? :rolleyes:

If you like meat, you'll love a restaurant we have here in Montreal.

I believe it's Brazilian, it's called "La Milsa". It's all you can eat meat for $30. Price might be closer to $40 now, been a few years, but no joke, all you can eat meat!

You have a round disc thingy that they give each person as they sit down, one side is red, the other green. If the green side is up, they'll keep giving you meat until you flip it over exposing the red side. When i say meat, I'm not talking ground beef, every 10-15 minutes something new comes out of the kitchen, good quality meat that they carve in front of you.

It's delicious!

Definitely worth the $30-$40 per person. That is if they like meat. If you ever make it to Montreal, check it out.

Wow you sure seem to like meat.

Veggies I buy on a need only, but I did save some frozen veggies. You might try looking in your Moms freezer to see what she has,,,,,more meat or veggies?

If you like meat, you'll love a restaurant we have here in Montreal.

I believe it's Brazilian, it's called "La Milsa". It's all you can eat meat for $30. Price might be closer to $40 now, been a few years, but no joke, all you can eat meat!

You have a round disc thingy that they give each person as they sit down, one side is red, the other green. If the green side is up, they'll keep giving you meat until you flip it over exposing the red side. When i say meat, I'm not talking ground beef, every 10-15 minutes something new comes out of the kitchen, good quality meat that they carve in front of you.

It's delicious!

Definitely worth the $30-$40 per person. That is if they like meat. If you ever make it to Montreal, check it out.

WOW,,,Yup...I like meat,,,,,that sure sounds like a deal and an interesting place to visit, there FS.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

i went to a Stag and Doe on Sat.,with a friend, and had a great time. They had some games there and one game was a "Tooney Toss". FYI, for those who don't know, people throw a tooney at 30', towards a large bottle of liquor,,, the closet wins the bottle. Well,,,, your's truly stepped up :D . I was 2nd,,,and had 2 to throw. I tossed the 1st and it bounced off the bottle and landed 2" away. Many others tried, and all failed to come closer :lol: . I am now the proud owner of a 3L bottle of CC. :P It was a good evening :) . I figure I broke even on the night. :D

From the Canadian Press:

BOSTON - Parking is such a precious commodity in Boston that one woman was willing to pay $560,000 for two off-street spaces near her home.

Lisa Blumenthal won the spots in the city's Back Bay neighbourhood during an on-site auction Thursday held in a steady rain by the Internal Revenue Service. The IRS had seized the spots from a man who owed back taxes.

Blumenthal, who lives in a multimillion-dollar home near the parking spaces, tells The Boston Globe (http://b.globe.com/13KqntI ) she didn't expect the bidding to go quite so high for the spots she says will come in handy for guests and workers.

The record for a single spot in Boston is $300,000.

The median price of a single-family home in Massachusetts is $313,000.

:blink::blink::o:wacko:

• 4 weeks later...

Is this the new fashion statement?

While standing in the checkout line at the grocery store today, there were 4-5 women in front of me and I glanced down and noticed they they had their toenails painted. Then I did a double-take, What was that I saw on one woman's toes? There were toe spreaders on,,,,,,, both feet. :blink: . Evidently, she had neglected to remove them before going out. :lol:

I found this on the motorcycle forums, kinda cute, really.

"At the gas station sitting next to my 99 Buell X1, this young kid, 10ish, walks up.

Him - Wow, is that a Yamaha.
Me - No, it's a Buell
Him - Never heard of them.
Then he walks away. Goes to the car where his dad is fueling up. Comes back with a turtle. Starts telling me all about turtle and such. Asks if I want to hold the turtle, I declined. He walks back to the car. Comes back with an aquarium with a frog. Same dialog. Asks me if I want to hold the aquarium. When I declined he said. "I do not have anything else to trade so I can sit on that Yamaha.
Me - that is a fair trade. I take the aquarium.
He climbs up and starts twisting throttle making noise and all. Now his dad walks over, we start chatting about our travels. I asked if he cared if I let the kid start the bike up.
I turn the key he hits the button, the v-twin comes to life with Vance and Hines exhaust (very loud), it has a nice rumble. Kids eyes got about the size of grape fruits. At the blink of an eye he twists the throttle wide open. I quickly reverse that operation, and hit kill switch
Dad tells kid it is time to go.
Kid looks at aquarium, back to me and says Best trade ever. I am going to have a Yamaha when i get old..Walks off.
How rude... Now what the heck am I going to do with this frog and aquarium?
The Audacity of people not keeping their kids in check.

I really grabbed the aquarium and caught up to the kid. Told him I didn't have an extra helmet so he would have to hold onto the frog for me."

• 2 weeks later...
Guest archey

I break up with my girlfriend who I know her sisters one of whom is in the navy and I made cry with my openness but lisa can't "afford" to be open and I can't live with someone like that and my best friend tells me he's "cool" and knows what's best for me and won't help me with the new situation which is that my legacy is causing some to have second thoughts. not exactly like gomez, but I've got problems.

so I go into this new bar and michelle is there the first day dressed in a sweater she's not supposed to wear, but I get it. she like the saxophone. the place is an irish place that people say is like being in Ireland.

so michelle is dutch and my first doctor was dutch and we loved him ( the family did) and we've thought dutch before and I like being with dutch girls and entertained the idea of marrying a few--like maybe two or three AND I like the bar.

so stacy is another waitress who is 50 and jewish with two kids and I used to be jewish but since I think more about bison than the cattle that was the sacrifice jews made in the temple and the bible and all i'm not jewish anymore since the intercaloric year in America isn't about cattle and such like, but she's broke and says she needs money to keep her kids in college and not lose the stuff she has in storage and such. so I give her 350 dollars since it isn't that big a deal to me.

so here's the thing.....the last two tuesdays she's working she uses my charge card to take an extra 100 dollars the first time and 30 or 35 dollars the second time. WHAT? I wouldn't notice? i'm a little ticked. I wanted the place on an even keel so I could find out from michelle if I could mature any. sarge doesn't have that much more to do in his mind and i'm not ready to buy a mare and start in with that... I'm trying to get the house to a new plane.

some people ..... -_-

I break up with my girlfriend who I know her sisters one of whom is in the navy and I made cry with my openness but lisa can't "afford" to be open and I can't live with someone like that and my best friend tells me he's "cool" and knows what's best for me and won't help me with the new situation which is that my legacy is causing some to have second thoughts. not exactly like gomez, but I've got problems.

so I go into this new bar and michelle is there the first day dressed in a sweater she's not supposed to wear, but I get it. she like the saxophone. the place is an irish place that people say is like being in Ireland.

so michelle is dutch and my first doctor was dutch and we loved him ( the family did) and we've thought dutch before and I like being with dutch girls and entertained the idea of marrying a few--like maybe two or three AND I like the bar.

so stacy is another waitress who is 50 and jewish with two kids and I used to be jewish but since I think more about bison than the cattle that was the sacrifice jews made in the temple and the bible and all i'm not jewish anymore since the intercaloric year in America isn't about cattle and such like, but she's broke and says she needs money to keep her kids in college and not lose the stuff she has in storage and such. so I give her 350 dollars since it isn't that big a deal to me.

so here's the thing.....the last two tuesdays she's working she uses my charge card to take an extra 100 dollars the first time and 30 or 35 dollars the second time. WHAT? I wouldn't notice? i'm a little ticked. I wanted the place on an even keel so I could find out from michelle if I could mature any. sarge doesn't have that much more to do in his mind and i'm not ready to buy a mare and start in with that... I'm trying to get the house to a new plane.

some people ..... -_-

In typical Archy fashion. Not sure I completely understood you post, but it's nice to have you back nonetheless.

Welcome back Arch!