The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Random Chat

GreekHockeyCoach

I went out shopping today, and of course the Halloween costumes were on display. Now I have seen a lot of costumes over the years, but never have I seen a costume like these, namely a jar of mustard,,,a jar of ketchup,,,a can of Spam,,, and a hamburger. :o:lol:

was there a shopsy hotdog <_<

A funny thing happened last Wed., Oct. 9th. Without going into details as to how it happened, let's just say that I hurt my right ankle. EMS had a look at it and said that it seemed OK to them. I thought it was just a sprain, and just hobbled around for the next 5 days. Then. on Mon. evening it felt worse, so I went to the hospital emergency room.

Turns out that I broke my tibia in 2 places :o , right at the ankle-bone. On Thurs, I have to go and get a plate put in, with screws, and a cast put on (never had one before :D ). Six weeks with it on, he said :( . He sent me home on crutches.

I had to ask my ex, if she would drive me to the hospital last night, because my very close, daughter was in Niagara Falls, and a close friend was in TO.

So now I have 2 women (one from Vancouver who is down here for another 2 weeks, and 1 who lives in Michigan that wants to come over) that want to play nurse-made and a daughter who is worried about me and can't do enough for me.

Now I have to put my bike away :( for the winter, sooner than I had planned.

Oh, well,,, life goes on. :)

I will keep you all up-dated. :P

I have pics (swelling, discolouring etc.) :) , if anyone wants to see the "before" ones and will take some "after" pics, when the cast goes on. I know I can post them in the Motorcycle forums. :P

A funny thing happened last Wed., Oct. 9th. Without going into details as to how it happened, let's just say that I hurt my right ankle. EMS had a look at it and said that it seemed OK to them. I thought it was just a sprain, and just hobbled around for the next 5 days. Then. on Mon. evening it felt worse, so I went to the hospital emergency room.
Turns out that I broke my tibia in 2 places :o , right at the ankle-bone. On Thurs, I have to go and get a plate put in, with screws, and a cast put on (never had one before :D ). Six weeks with it on, he said :( . He sent me home on crutches.
I had to ask my ex, if she would drive me to the hospital last night, because my very close, daughter was in Niagara Falls, and a close friend was in TO.
So now I have 2 women (one from Vancouver who is down here for another 2 weeks, and 1 who lives in Michigan that wants to come over) that want to play nurse-made and a daughter who is worried about me and can't do enough for me.
I have pics (swelling, discolouring etc.) :) , if anyone wants to see the "before" ones and will take some "after" pics, when the cast goes on. I know I can post them in the Motorcycle forums. :P

You leave me hanging, to go to hospital How could you do that ? Feel better soon :D:lol:

dan's girl is back from boston so i'm like and? he's like we're going hiking on dangerous trails with moss and leaves and so maybe we'll get killed. i'm like uhhhhhhh no you're not. what's involved I ask. a schnauzer he says. i'm like uh-huh... that's boston.. :unsure: so i'm like didn't I tell you? you're looking for good oysters here. I don't eat oysters....I don't want to see the pictures. :rolleyes:

You leave me hanging, to go to hospital How could you do that ? Feel better soon :D:lol:

Sry, habby,,,but I actually thought that my ankle was the priority,,, but you're a close second :P . Thanksfor the well wishes. :)

dan's girl is back from boston so i'm like and? he's like we're going hiking on dangerous trails with moss and leaves and so maybe we'll get killed. i'm like uhhhhhhh no you're not. what's involved I ask. a schnauzer he says. i'm like uh-huh... that's boston.. :unsure: so i'm like didn't I tell you? you're looking for good oysters here. I don't eat oysters....I don't want to see the pictures. :rolleyes:

What do you mean,,,, you don't want pics <_< . Here I went to all the trouble of taking them,,, and now you don't want to see them? :o

:lol:

Take care hoppy er kinot. Hoping for a speedy recovery.

Thanks HRF, I hope so too, but I have a great nurse/bossy woman to take care of me. :wacko:

Wow. How does it feel? I mean, I never broke a bone in my life so I don't know how it feels.

Take care of yourself. Wishing you a quick and complete recovery. :)

Thanks 123, Pain is inevitable,,,suffering is optional. :) . I have to look at the bright side, I get catered to. :D .

Thanks HRF, I hope so too, but I have a great nurse/bossy woman to take care of me. :wacko:

Thanks 123, Pain is inevitable,,,suffering is optional. :) . I have to look at the bright side, I get catered to. :D .

DRUMMER.gif Here's to Catering, lol dancing_giraffees.gif

No surgey is great news. Cheers to a speedy recovery kinot!

Thanks great. :)

Hoping for a quick recovery. :)

Thanks guys

There are some upsides tho. I don't have to drive,anywhere :) ,,,,,downside,,,I can't drive anywhere :(

Upside,,,We can park in the handicap parking places :) . People open doors for me :). I can push the Wheelchair button with my crutch to open a door. :P . Downside,,,i can't carry a drink while using the crutches. ( I did figure that one out tho ,,priorities, ya know :D ). downside,,,I had to put my bike away too soon :( . Upside,,,I haven't made a meal in the last 4 days. :rolleyes:

Thanks guys

There are some upsides tho. I don't have to drive,anywhere :) ,,,,,downside,,,I can't drive anywhere :(

Upside,,,We can park in the handicap parking places :) . People open doors for me :). I can push the Wheelchair button with my crutch to open a door. :P . Downside,,,i can't carry a drink while using the crutches. ( I did figure that one out tho ,,priorities, ya know :D ). downside,,,I had to put my bike away too soon :( . Upside,,,I haven't made a meal in the last 4 days. :rolleyes:

Upside, downside you'll get through it.

Look on the bright side. Stay positive. Chin up. Now get out there &.........

Break a leg!

:P

Guest habs1952

Just got back,,,no surgery,,,just one of them new-fangled plaster casts. :) . Apparently, they felt that I'm tough enough that I don't need surgery. :rolleyes::lol:

I hope you get an itch. A really bad itch. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey,,,,,,,,,,, don't pick on the physically challenged. :rolleyes:

crutch.gif

emoticon-char-016.gif those, big, bad, bullies, eh! :oB)

Thanks guys

Sure you can. Try one of these

hat001.jpg