The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Random Chat

GreekHockeyCoach

I turned on the news this morning and they had a woman on that could "play" a tuning fork. The instrument looked like a wooden block (similar to a 2X4X 2') with an upright steel rod on one end and at the other was a smaller U-shaped thinner rod. She didn't touch it but only waved her hands or fingers around it to vary the pitch. It sounded like something from the Twilight Zone,,,, real eerie. :blink:

congratulations

• 2 weeks later...

Man, I'd like to be there when you walk in wearing your boots...............and bathing suit! :lol: :lol: :lol:

:D , I'm trying to plan a trip to the southwest on the MC. I've been thru NM, but I'd like to go again, and up thru , AZ,Colorado , Idaho, . and back thru Montana, N Dakota and back. Would take about 3 weeks.

:D , I'm trying to plan a trip to the southwest on the MC. I've been thru NM, but I'd like to go again, and up thru , AZ,Colorado , Idaho, . and back thru Montana, N Dakota and back. Would take about 3 weeks.

i don't know how well having a strategy about travel reacts with the locals.......i'd just go. :P:D

I'm trying to go on the cheap. I don't care for motels, prefer a tent, and I also want to stay off of the slabs.

i can tell you this:

i saw peppy this morning and she is rock solid. i had a hard time convincing her that part of our life is shootiing arrows but about as far as guts, determination and concern goes she is 100%+. so anything that's coming out of me is pretty reliable. cause she is my baby. :D :D :D

postscript:

i haven't gotten arrested yet. :rolleyes:

no seriously: a 60 year old guy shouldn't be hanging with a ten year old horse, but HEY! kinot!!! do we know that??????????? :lol: :lol: :lol:

god bless...hope the trip works out. :P

i can tell you this:

i saw peppy this morning and she is rock solid. i had a hard time convincing her that part of our life is shootiing arrows but about as far as guts, determination and concern goes she is 100%+. so anything that's coming out of me is pretty reliable. cause she is my baby. :D :D :D

postscript:

i haven't gotten arrested yet. :rolleyes:

no seriously: a 60 year old guy shouldn't be hanging with a ten year old horse, but HEY! kinot!!! do we know that??????????? :lol: :lol: :lol:

god bless...hope the trip works out. :P

How old is a 10 year old horse in human years? Never know, she might just be your age. :rolleyes::P

How old is a 10 year old horse in human years? Never know, she might just be your age. :rolleyes::P

:D never know. she doesn't watch cartoons and i'm still partial to the bugs bunny hour so she may in fact be older. :D

Not sure where to put this, so I'm putting it here.

I play piano. And I want to learn to play the blues. The only problem is that I was not raised in the blues at all. I have no intuition or ear for it. I could just learn the music theory like I've done with everything else, but I feel like the most organic way to learn something like the blues is just to listen and then start playing it.

The problem is that I don't know where to start. So if anybody knows any good blues/jazz piano players out there, I would love to get some stuff to listen to.

Guest habs1952

I play piano. And I want to learn to play the blues. The only problem is that I was not raised in the blues at all. I have no intuition or ear for it. I could just learn the music theory like I've done with everything else, but I feel like the most organic way to learn something like the blues is just to listen and then start playing it.

The problem is that I don't know where to start. So if anybody knows any good blues/jazz piano players out there, I would love to get some stuff to listen to.

So you want to play the blues do you? The quickest way to get the intuition for the blues is by getting married.

Guest mrsmarkov

So you want to play the blues do you? The quickest way to get the intuition for the blues is by getting married.

Your poor wife. If I had a dollar for every time you have mentioned your marriage :lol: .

Guest mrsmarkov

I treat her well every day. No such thing as Valentine's day around here.

Haha oh really? Well at least you treat her good to her face. You just secretly bash your marriage on here...she's probably a Leafs fan :P .

dr. john.

there is an album was just talking about, louisiana something- i don't remember the name exactly- with dr. john and art blakey. superb.

blues on the piano is fairly impossible though. 2 or three really good performers none of who's names other than the one i mentioned. we do get a few organ players though even at the jams i go to. no one very good but you can get a cheap keyboard and just kind of give it a shot.

yeah blues is a language all its own but its also the feeling you want to get across. first thing to think out is if love exists. at least that's what it is to my mind. the second thing to know is that the odds of you toughing out the world on your own are not good. the third thing to know is that you're not alone, but who you're with is almost as hard to define as the first two things. so if you do jam and you amke a mistake just keep going. the listeners don't know any better than you.

Guest habs1952

Haha oh really? Well at least you treat her good to her face. You just secretly bash your marriage on here...she's probably a Leafs fan :P .

After 38 years marriage is easy to bash. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest habs1952

You're so bluffing. I thought you'd say like five years at least :P . I give you far too much credit.

Marriage is like a rose. It's nice for two weeks but then the bloom dies. :ph34r: