The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Random Chat

GreekHockeyCoach

I seen a scam on the Vancouver news this morning that really makes me shake my head.

It seems that the CRA (Canada Revenue Agency) has been calling people to tell them that they owe money. Now here's the kicker. The phony scam requires the person to buy "I-Tunes" gift cards to repay the money they owe. I-Tunes gift cards are not refundable.

Now why did the person "owing" the money/gift cards, not wonder what the CRA would do with the gift cards?

Elevator music perhaps?

It must be my son, he's always wanting those cards. :D

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Practice the sax for 45 minutes and then go blow your nose- clean out your sinuses- and you get twice as loud.

Gum chewing French speaking coach- Fine! Use those inhalers and don't worry that the rules will change.

C'mon team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not sure if any of you know about the Barrett Jackson Collector car auction, but it just ended in Scottsdale, AZ. Here is the most expensive car sold and the cheapest car sold. 
The first pic is a 1963 Jaguar E-Type, sold for $7.37 Mil.
The cheapest was a 1971 Ford Torino "Art" car, that sold for $5,500.

01_top-Sales-Seller-Best-Auction-Arizona-2017-Jaguar-E-Type-Lightweight.jpg

09_Barrett-Jackson-2017-Scottsdale-Bottom-Worst-15.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, habs1952 said:

Justin Trudeau is NOT my prime minister. <_<

I'm sorry to tell you this, 52, but sad to say he is. 

I was just thinking about our selfie king, (otherwise known as Mr. um, er, ah) and how he is just like his old man. He's bossy,,, arrogant, and thinks he is Gods gift to Canadians. He has done absolutely nothing for Canadians.  I couldn't believe those "town hall" meetings when some people only wanted a selfie or autograph from him. There are so many things wrong with this gov't, there isn't enough space here to list them all. If I were at one of those town hall meetings, I would have asked him "Who is the liar,,, you or the finance minister, when you said before the election,,, you would run a 10 billion dollar deficit,,, and then you changed it to 30 billion after your party was elected,,,so,,, who lied?" I would also ask him why the immigrants/refugees (who are already in a "safe country") aren't immediately sent back to the U.S.  Also,,, why did you insist on having a 50/50 sexual split in you cabinet, wouldn't it be better to have the best candidate available? 

He gave away billions of dollars of "our" money, just to ingratiate himself to the rest of the world, just to try to get a seat on the security council.

There are a lot of Indigenous peoples on reserves, that have to boil their water for years, but he doesn't care about that.

There's a whole slew of more gripes that I have,,,(who doesn't?), but it just "ticks" (insert more harsher words), me off, the more I think of him and his party.

I have a friend that comes over and when she starts talking politics, I have ask her to stop after 1/2 hour because it infuriates me so much. 

And don't get me started on the Wynnebag.

Let me put it as delicately as possible here. If he (or she), was drowning,, and I was the only one there,,,,, I wouldn't give them a hand,,,, but I'd probably give them a finger or a wave,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, one or the other. 

12 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

I'm sorry to tell you this, 52, but sad to say he is. 

I was just thinking about our selfie king, (otherwise known as Mr. um, er, ah) and how he is just like his old man. He's bossy,,, arrogant, and thinks he is Gods gift to Canadians. He has done absolutely nothing for Canadians.  I couldn't believe those "town hall" meetings when some people only wanted a selfie or autograph from him. There are so many things wrong with this gov't, there isn't enough space here to list them all. If I were at one of those town hall meetings, I would have asked him "Who is the liar,,, you or the finance minister, when you said before the election,,, you would run a 10 billion dollar deficit,,, and then you changed it to 30 billion after your party was elected,,,so,,, who lied?" I would also ask him why the immigrants/refugees (who are already in a "safe country") aren't immediately sent back to the U.S.  Also,,, why did you insist on having a 50/50 sexual split in you cabinet, wouldn't it be better to have the best candidate available? 

He gave away billions of dollars of "our" money, just to ingratiate himself to the rest of the world, just to try to get a seat on the security council.

There are a lot of Indigenous peoples on reserves, that have to boil their water for years, but he doesn't care about that.

There's a whole slew of more gripes that I have,,,(who doesn't?), but it just "ticks" (insert more harsher words), me off, the more I think of him and his party.

I have a friend that comes over and when she starts talking politics, I have ask her to stop after 1/2 hour because it infuriates me so much. 

And don't get me started on the Wynnebag.

Let me put it as delicately as possible here. If he (or she), was drowning,, and I was the only one there,,,,, I wouldn't give them a hand,,,, but I'd probably give them a finger or a wave,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, one or the other. 

Yup, they both make me sick. While your waving I'm getting my hose to add water!!

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I went to a little league game tonight just to watch some kids play. There was a "manager "  and 3 coaches for each team. As I watched, the 1st batter came to the plate, and looked at the manager on 3rd base. The batter (about 10-12), looks at the manager on 3rd base, and the manager gives the batter some signs,,,,,15 motions with his arms and hands, 15 of them!!! The dugout was on the 3rd base line, so why could the manager just take him aside as the batter came out, and just told him what to do??? :blink::rolleyes:

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/11/2017 at 11:52 AM, kinot-2 said:

My wife's great Uncle was killed in action in WW2. His mother received this telegram for the Government. On Dec. 20th there were 29 others who died alongside him in Italy. He is buried there.

GEDC0015.JPG

Kinda cold hearted if you ask me. Just the way we treat our veterans today. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Today at the bank I was walking to my car and a guy pulled up and wanted to ask me a question. Nice new van, nice guy, and had a clip-board. He told me that he had a shipment of TVs and they shipped him 3, 50"  tvs more that they should. He said he could give me a good deal on one. I told him that I had a small apt. and couldn't use a large one. Hmmmmm. I wonder if I should have taken him up on it. 

I guess they "could" have been warm from the heat in the van. :P:D