Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ColRouleBleu

Chris Campoli

235 posts in this topic

Agreed. Some of shannys decision have also involved recklessness as a factor. Malone looking to hurt someone is reckless. Taking 3 strides (i.e. charging) to hit someone with their head low is reckless.

And I'll say it again. Average human reaction time is something like 0.2 seconds. He had lots of time to see campolis head and analyze a way to avoid it, but he chose the stick out elbow option. "Just prior" is vague. I had a shower prior to leaving for work. Does that mean 10 minutes or 2 seconds?

Whatever. It's even more insulting because Chara wasn't suspended. Jacques, protect our players! Stand up, speak out, show some emotion, who cares if you get fined. Show you have more backbone than this new puppet.

Where the disconnect happens for Shanny ... he's not allowed to apprise game context or interview witnesses openly. Ref on ice knew what was going on; that's why he tossed Malone pronto (I timed it 2.3 seconds from the hit).

Silly way to carry out a (restricted) "investigation" ... completely ignore motive, circumstances, interview the perp whose under the 5th (what good is that?), disregard the 'biased' victim, and also the key independent, knowledgeable witnesses (the referees and linesmen). :blink: Any experienced judicial (judge, lawyer, etc) would just guffaw at this whole process. :huh:

Edited by Innis_Mor

Thought of the night: Yikes. Hope he's alright.

Thought of the night: Yikes. Hope he's alright.

Left the arena on crutches. Not good.

From HIO:

The Canadiens were never the same – especially after Chris Campoli got his skate caught in the ice and suffered what looked like a nasty lower-body injury. He left the ACC on crutches, and Damien Cox Tweeted a hamstring: out for three weeks.

If that's the case, then 3 weeks isn't the end of the world. It should give Yemelin some much needed ice time.

From HIO:

The Canadiens were never the same – especially after Chris Campoli got his skate caught in the ice and suffered what looked like a nasty lower-body injury. He left the ACC on crutches, and Damien Cox Tweeted a hamstring: out for three weeks.

If that's the case, then 3 weeks isn't the end of the world. It should give Yemelin some much needed ice time.

Agreed Yemelin can use the icetime and by that time Andrei Markov may be ready.It would be nice to have our best defenceman back for the rest of the year.

I feel bad for thinking it, but this could be a blessing in disguise. I would think that if Yemelin can realize some of his potential, he is much more valuable to the team long term than Campoli. A top 6 of Markov, Subban, Gorges, Gill, Yemelin, and Spacek/Diaz may not be too bad.

I feel bad for thinking it, but this could be a blessing in disguise. I would think that if Yemelin can realize some of his potential, he is much more valuable to the team long term than Campoli. A top 6 of Markov, Subban, Gorges, Gill, Yemelin, and Spacek/Diaz may not be too bad.

I'm all for Yemelin getting some ice time, but we just lost our second best puck mover after Subban, and I thought he was looking pretty good until he got hurt.

I'm all for Yemelin getting some ice time, but we just lost our second best puck mover after Subban, and I thought he was looking pretty good until he got hurt.

lousy start to the season. First the head shot, now this. Get better soon Chris.

IF it's only that,,,,then i consider us fortunate. I suspected another ACL and gone for six months.

Long-term I agree with you 100%. Short term, though, we still need to win some games if we're going to make the playoffs this year.

It's kind of frightening to think that Subban is probably our top defenceman right now. The problem is that yesterday he looked like he was try to hard to be the top defenceman rather than just playing a simple game, and it cost us. Having another vet like Campoli would be a nice steadying presence.

Rough week as a Hab!!!!

At the end of the game, we realized how much his smooth skating and experience are needed. 3 weeks is ok, I like the positive thinking about Yemelin but we're looking at:

Gill - Subban

Gorges - Diaz

Spacek - Yemelin

For those of you keeping score, that's one sensationally erratic sophomore, one shot-blocking pylon, a recovering cripple, a swiss army knife, a lead footed greybeard and a foreign rookie.

OUCH. On a brighter note, Diaz was decent last night and shows some nice poise at the point.

Edited by MIASUN

He got his skate caught in the ice at the ACC. What kind of rag-tag two bit arena is that.

What terrible luck since signing his contract. By game 1 he gets nailed with a headshot and tears a hamstring(my speculation).

That's rough.

Wow. Whatever happened to 3 day injuries? Man, the Habs have tough luck with long-term injuries.

Well I guess our young rookies are getting tons of playing time

I'm excited to see Yemelin play! :D

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit drinking.

Hahahaha. Awesome.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit drinking.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffin glue! :lol:

Habs now saying Camp's injury "more serious than originally thought" and "out for months".

Some speculation from that, that he's actually torn and not just strained his groin. It could mean the season.

Chris, we hardly knew ye.

Come back soon.