The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Chris Campoli

ColRouleBleu

• 4 weeks later...

I'm actually excited for him to come back now. St-Denis should be returned to Hamilton, and Weber should probably be a healthy scratch. Gill can take a seat in the pressbox too. When we first acquired him I was entirely uninterested in the signing. Now I'm desperate to see what he can actually do.

+1, I absolutely cannot wait until he's back in the lineup.

I'm actually excited for him to come back now. St-Denis should be returned to Hamilton, and Weber should probably be a healthy scratch. Gill can take a seat in the pressbox too. When we first acquired him I was entirely uninterested in the signing. Now I'm desperate to see what he can actually do.

I'm pumped for him to come back as I've actually always liked him. By no means is he a 1-2 guy, but he's an adequate mid-level guy with a pretty decent shot. If we had a healthy Markov, he'd be the perfect mid-bottom guy for the team, IMO.

Yep, happy! Not meaning to knock St-Denis, he's just... Not really an NHL calibre kind of guy.

I think the kid can fill in for a lower pairing D-man but definitely not capable of replacing what a Campoli brings to the lineup at this point in his career. Was happy to see him get his first NHL goal and wish him the best going forward.

I'm happy to see Camp's back in the lineup. ;)

Me too I guess, though it's a bummer for Diaz.

True, it is. Yet he should definitely take this as a positive. He stepped up and he stepped up Big when we needed him. That was a huge step for his career. Nice to see him get a goal before he parts for a little while for sure. Hey, time and development can't hurt for a guy like Diaz, right?

Trade material?

It's always so hard to tell with the Canadiens D. We always seem to have waaaaaaay too many defencemen, but we also always seem to lose so many to injury that we end up calling up St. Denis or whoever from Hamilton. :P If we could get something passable for Campoli, though, I probably wouldn't mind taking the chance that our worst injury days are behind us and playing Diaz and/or Emelin.

• 2 weeks later...

Emelin needs to play instead of Campoli and Diaz right handed shot is needed. I think Yannick Weber is our 7th defenceman right now and that Campoli should be moved to a team like Columbus or somebody needing an expiring contract and depth.

To me, the gradient between him, Emelin and Diaz isn't large enough to justify his cap space, I don't see the need for a lineup with Subban, Kaberle, Diaz AND Campoli in it. It's redundant and robs us of our only physical defenceman.

It boils down to Campoli vs Diaz at the moment and the right handed shot helps out a lot as 2 out of the 3 assists demonstrate.

Diaz and Emelin right now are better assets to our line-up than Campoli. Now that we've acquired Kaberle, who is a better version of the same things Campoli does, Chris has sadly become redundant. I do believe, however, that his value is quite low right now, so we're stuck either trying to play him to boost his value or else waiting for the trade deadline to move him.

• 2 weeks later...