The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Chris Campoli

ColRouleBleu

Have to agree, he was pretty bad last night, and the problem is that he's not providing any upside, at either end of the ice.

+1. Is there even a market for him at this point though? I can see him getting a contract next year from a club, but it's hard to imagine any playoff team seeing him as a piece they could use for a cup run right now.

+1. Is there even a market for him at this point though? I can see him getting a contract next year from a club, but it's hard to imagine any playoff team seeing him as a piece they could use for a cup run right now.

I also cannot imagine any team that's going to be interested. I feel like general managers are probably going to remember his giveaway to Burrows in last year's post-season and his recent uninspired play in Montreal. There's nothing that has happened in the past year that would make anyone want to trade for Chris Campoli.

I also cannot imagine any team that's going to be interested. I feel like general managers are probably going to remember his giveaway to Burrows in last year's post-season and his recent uninspired play in Montreal. There's nothing that has happened in the past year that would make anyone want to trade for Chris Campoli.

Waive him.

There's not really much point to doing anything at this point. We might as well just keep him on the roster unless we are going to get an asset back. It's not like we're going to make the post-season.

Hence why you waive him if you cannot trade him. Bring up a player from the farm, who will give you some energy back on the blue line. It certainly wouldn't hurt them.

Not even a question of who's ready IMO. You might as well bring up whoever and use them as an alternate, because Campoli is providing 0 value.

Alternate, you say? But wouldn't that mean we might have to play a few games with less than seven defencemen?

Sorry. Can't be done.

Or we could just stop playing seven D every night. Or are we up to eight yet? :lol: I guess we could bring up that St-Denis guy again.

Alternate, you say? But wouldn't that mean we might have to play a few games with less than seven defencemen?

Sorry. Can't be done.

:lol:

I think RC's dream is to ice 13 defensemen, plus Cole, Pacioretty, Desharnais, Plekanec, and Darche.

St. Denis could at least learn somethings in Montreal. Even if it was only in the press box and practice especially with the Dogs well out of playoff in the AHL. Campoli was a MAJOR reason we lost against the Bruins. Waive Campoli. He had a few games with limited ice time and keeping things simple when he did not hurt the team. But Campoli has rarely helped the offense. Never helped the defence that I can remember. And numerous times played defence like MAB. At least MAB could use the lack of size as an excuse for his poor defence. Campoli can only use lack of skill as his response to his poor play defensively.

St. Denis could at least learn somethings in Montreal. Even if it was only in the press box and practice especially with the Dogs well out of playoff in the AHL. Campoli was a MAJOR reason we lost against the Bruins. Waive Campoli. He had a few games with limited ice time and keeping things simple when he did not hurt the team. But Campoli has rarely helped the offense. Never helped the defence that I can remember. And numerous times played defence like MAB. At least MAB could use the lack of size as an excuse for his poor defence. Campoli can only use lack of skill as his response to his poor play defensively.

Campoli may be tall but he definitely isn't big. But I agree he's done virtually nothing the only time I notice him is when the RDS commentators say his name all french like or when he makes a mistake.

Scored a goal last night. But brutal in the defensive zone. Cost the team one goal against and could have cost us more. Time to trade or waive Campoli. Or at the very least put him in the press box until we need him to fill one of the six spots. Right now we are using 7 D even with Gill just leaving Montreal.

Last night was the first chance I've had to watch Campoli live in a while. His play was particularly shoddy in his own zone, in terms of coverage and puck clearance, and I'm concerned that scouts seeing the same things live will not be interested in acquiring him. He hasn't done anything yet to show he has value on the trade market, which isn't goo for either us nor for his own future in the NHL.

Last night was the first chance I've had to watch Campoli live in a while. His play was particularly shoddy in his own zone, in terms of coverage and puck clearance, and I'm concerned that scouts seeing the same things live will not be interested in acquiring him. He hasn't done anything yet to show he has value on the trade market, which isn't goo for either us nor for his own future in the NHL.

He constantly seems two steps behind trying to play coverage in our own end. I agree. I cannot see why any general manager would be interested in him. Not even as an "insurance" policy as some board members have mentioned. Pretty bad insurance plan, if you ask me.

He constantly seems two steps behind trying to play coverage in our own end. I agree. I cannot see why any general manager would be interested in him. Not even as an "insurance" policy as some board members have mentioned. Pretty bad insurance plan, if you ask me.

The only teams I can see being interested are those that know what he can do from the past, like Chicago or maybe Ottawa. Look at us with Mara last season... we gave up something like a 5th round pick for him, even though he had had a pretty bad season and had even been scratched quite a bit. Yet he actually did better for us the second time he was here... if management feels he can produce if given a better situation, they may take a chance on him. 5th round pick would be all I think we can get now, but I'd still do it...