The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

2013 You went to a game? Come in and share your experience

ColRouleBleu

Hey!

I'm not too sure where I should have went to post this so I'll do it here

I went to a game last season and recorded the intro. There's a player(s) kneeling at +/- 24seconds and 34 seconds.

Just wondering if anyone could point out who they are.

Tricolore jusqu'au bout!

OH and I forgot. At 16 seconds there's a player who pivots right when he gets to the blue line. He's the first guy out after Price.

It's weird asking this but it shows you the mentality of a certain player.

Hey!

I went to a game last season and recorded the intro. There's a player(s) kneeling at +/- 24seconds and 34 seconds.

Tricolore jusqu'au bout!

OH and I forgot. At 16 seconds there's a player who pivots right when he gets to the blue line. He's the first guy out after Price.

Hmm I don't see anyone kneeling at 24 and 34 seconds?

As for the player at 16 seconds going backwards, it seems to be Hal Gill (#75).

Hey!

Tricolore jusqu'au bout!

I tried stopping the vid at the appropriate times, but I couldn't make out the players numbers, so I am sorry, but I can't help you. :(

Hmm I don't see anyone kneeling at 24 and 34 seconds?

As for the player at 16 seconds going backwards, it seems to be Hal Gill (#75).

Well let's say at 34 seconds - on the bottom left of the ice there's a guy on one knee moving towards the blue line. He's not kneeling immobile but gliding.

Thanks for the Gill part though. It's appreciated.

I tried stopping the vid at the appropriate times, but I couldn't make out the players numbers, so I am sorry, but I can't help you. :(

Thanks for trying dude

Well let's say at 34 seconds - on the bottom left of the ice there's a guy on one knee moving towards the blue line. He's not kneeling immobile but gliding.

I maybe crazy but that looks like Gill again. I actually really can't tell the more I look, the number looked like 75 the second time, after he got up. But is it big enough to be Gill? Gah.

Hey!

It was the right place to post this :)

Thanks for trying dude

At 34 I'm pretty sure it was Gill too. Not that I could see very clearly but I know he always does this gliding thing before going to the bench.

hey guys,

I went to my first two games last season in february. Actually I wanted to write down my experiences immediately but somehow I forgot it :angry:

The first one was against the Hurricanes. When I first came to the bell centre with a friend we thought we took the wrong direction. In Germany the stadiums are usually not really in the city itself. They are usually located in the outlying area and you can already see them from a certain distance.

Then we got in the bell centre and what can I say - I was speechless... When I saw some photos of the stadium, I thought it is really old (maybe because of the grey seats) but it was very impressive to see it by myself.

So there were 20 minutes left until the face-off and what I really like about hockey (beside the sports itself,especially in Canada& the US) is the intro, highlights (on the scoreboard) and the player presentation ( which actually started during warm-up). When they played "fix you" it gave me really goose bumps because it has not changed since the first game I watched at night in Germany. For me it is a certain part of the Canadiens :D

... and the game started, we lost against a team that played not too strong to take them to pieces and send them home. I was sad of course but I was angry too because I thought it was a shame that a team with this performance gained two points.

Thankfully my friend had a keen sense of when we should score so I still have all 3 goals on my mobile phone ;)

The second game was against the Bruins and of course we lost that as well :(

My friend was very happy ( yes - now it should be clear which team he was cheering for :angry: ). So we changed no more words that day... I felt we had a pretty good chance to win this game too because Boston had a lower intensity in its game coming to the end. Besides I noticed there were (too) many Boston fans around me.

Nevertheless it was an awesome experience again. The only negative thing I have to say is the behaviour of some people against Chara. I know, I know. I do not like him either and I did not miss the affair with Pacioretty. There is nothing against booing and shouting but I was really shocked when he got hit by the puck in the first period and he got down while most of the audience cheered. Maybe it is the different perspective that most of the people can say a lot more negative about him than me or it is the different understanding of those incidents. When I compare this to e.g. football in England, when somebody got seriously hurt you applaude for him when he got off the field,no matter who he is or what team he is playing for. Maybe it was just an exception or just this one player but it was kind of terrifying :mellow:

Another difference is the acoustics during the game. There are usually some standings behind the goals in Europe. This is certainly one reason for the difference. It was complete quiet when the Habs were playing. You could talk,laugh and eat. It appears to me that such a game is for most people more an event than the meaning of the game itself (cannot express it in another way,sorry). But when the crowd recognizes that the team really needs some support it is unbelievably loud and it is truly stunning to hear that.

So far, these are my first experiences in watching NHL games in a stadium (by the way the city is beautiful as well!!) and I hope you did unterstand what I wanted to say (if not, sorry for my english :lol: ) and you detected some differentials to hockey and circumstances in Europe/Germany.

cheers :)

hey guys,

I went to my first two games last season in february. Actually I wanted to write down my experiences immediately but somehow I forgot it :angry:

The first one was against the Hurricanes. When I first came to the bell centre with a friend we thought we took the wrong direction. In Germany the stadiums are usually not really in the city itself. They are usually located in the outlying area and you can already see them from a certain distance.

Then we got in the bell centre and what can I say - I was speechless... When I saw some photos of the stadium, I thought it is really old (maybe because of the grey seats) but it was very impressive to see it by myself.

So there were 20 minutes left until the face-off and what I really like about hockey (beside the sports itself,especially in Canada& the US) is the intro, highlights (on the scoreboard) and the player presentation ( which actually started during warm-up). When they played "fix you" it gave me really goose bumps because it has not changed since the first game I watched at night in Germany. For me it is a certain part of the Canadiens :D

... and the game started, we lost against a team that played not too strong to take them to pieces and send them home. I was sad of course but I was angry too because I thought it was a shame that a team with this performance gained two points.

Thankfully my friend had a keen sense of when we should score so I still have all 3 goals on my mobile phone ;)

The second game was against the Bruins and of course we lost that as well :(

My friend was very happy ( yes - now it should be clear which team he was cheering for :angry: ). So we changed no more words that day... I felt we had a pretty good chance to win this game too because Boston had a lower intensity in its game coming to the end. Besides I noticed there were (too) many Boston fans around me.

Nevertheless it was an awesome experience again. The only negative thing I have to say is the behaviour of some people against Chara. I know, I know. I do not like him either and I did not miss the affair with Pacioretty. There is nothing against booing and shouting but I was really shocked when he got hit by the puck in the first period and he got down while most of the audience cheered. Maybe it is the different perspective that most of the people can say a lot more negative about him than me or it is the different understanding of those incidents. When I compare this to e.g. football in England, when somebody got seriously hurt you applaude for him when he got off the field,no matter who he is or what team he is playing for. Maybe it was just an exception or just this one player but it was kind of terrifying :mellow:

Another difference is the acoustics during the game. There are usually some standings behind the goals in Europe. This is certainly one reason for the difference. It was complete quiet when the Habs were playing. You could talk,laugh and eat. It appears to me that such a game is for most people more an event than the meaning of the game itself (cannot express it in another way,sorry). But when the crowd recognizes that the team really needs some support it is unbelievably loud and it is truly stunning to hear that.

So far, these are my first experiences in watching NHL games in a stadium (by the way the city is beautiful as well!!) and I hope you did unterstand what I wanted to say (if not, sorry for my english :lol: ) and you detected some differentials to hockey and circumstances in Europe/Germany.

cheers :)

Your English is great, thanks for sharing! :)

I'm glad you enjoyed the "experience" of going to Montreal and the Bell,,,,,,nothing like it in all of the NHL :) . Too bad the Habs couldn't deliver a victory for you for your 1st visit.

As for chara getting hit with the puck, I watched that game and yes I cheered. Perhaps it was because the Patches hit was too fresh in my mind and that he wasn't suspended. Most of the time when an opposing player gets hurt in hockey, they are given an ovation as they leave the ice, but in this case I made an exception, as well as some of the Habs fans.

Great story. :)

• 6 months later...

Last year's thread wasn't overly large so lets recycle and continue this season in the same one.

If you went to a Habs game, whether at the Bell Centre or on the road, or at a Habs practice, come in and tell us about it. Was your seat neighbor funny? Did you meet a player? Was it your first time at a Habs game? Was Youppi obstructing your view? Did you catch a puck? Did you take photos? Even though I intend to post my usual lot of pics this season, I'm not the only one attending games so don't be shy to share your stories and post your pics and videos if you have them.

This party starts as soon as the opening game for me, cant wait! and with Markov playing the home opener, brace yourselves :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...

Living in Ottawa my Wife and I went to the game Wednesday - Habs fans almost outnumbered the sens fans in their own rink and it led to an interesting atmosphere. That 2nd period really killed the crowd though =(

That seems to be the case. Might have to do with a lot of fans still having strong ties to the Habs before they got their team back. Those games are as close to a home game that the boys will see outside of the Bell.

That seems to be the case. Might have to do with a lot of fans still having strong ties to the Habs before they got their team back. Those games are as close to a home game that the boys will see outside of the Bell.

It may have to do with that in part but it also has a lot to do with easier access to cheaper, good tickets for a short 2 hours drive.