The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Brad Staubitz

He is exactly what MTL needed. PG's best move so far this year :) . Paired up with White & Moen (if not moved) will be great to watch.

Don't get toooo attached. Probably only here to entertain the fans for the next 20 games. Still gotta sell tickets. :lol:

Don't get toooo attached. Probably only here to entertain the fans for the next 20 games. Still gotta sell tickets. :lol:

I would not be surprised if MTL re-signed him for next year. Especially if they are going to let Moen walk.

There is never more excitement than when a player has a fight. Everyone ripped GL, but when he fought, every single person in the Bell Centre was up on their feet.

I don't get it, I suppose everyone around here likes a soft team.

I don't get it, I suppose everyone around here likes a soft team.

I don't know why you keep lumping everybody in the same boat. I certainly didn't imply anything like that. Actually,,,,,i haven't really seen anybody come right out and indicate they were against a tough team. Most would prefer a little talent to go with that toughness. ;)

I don't know why you keep lumping everybody in the same boat. I certainly didn't imply anything like that. Actually,,,,,i haven't really seen anybody come right out and indicate they were against a tough team. Most would prefer a little talent to go with that toughness. ;)

Hmm. Although I have not been here very long, I had gotten the feeling that most people prefer these small, fast, scoring players. That "bit parts" like Moen etc.. are not worth much (although this is not what I am saying, you're saying).

It just seems that people want a team of goal scorers, but that is never going to happen anymore. The NHL seems to be reverting back to a 70s style of hockey (no I do not mean bench brawls etc...) but players that can play, whether they are 4th or 1st line.

Staubitz fits this mold. He may not get many goals if any, but what he does bring more than makes up for that. He has abit of talent, and this is exactly what this team needs.

If they would not have dropped the ball by trading & signing so many players to long term contracts & overpaid ones, this team could have been so much better. BG really screwed this team over, and PG hasn't helped it much.

Hmm. Although I have not been here very long, I had gotten the feeling that most people prefer these small, fast, scoring players. That "bit parts" like Moen etc.. are not worth much (although this is not what I am saying, you're saying).

It just seems that people want a team of goal scorers, but that is never going to happen anymore. The NHL seems to be reverting back to a 70s style of hockey (no I do not mean bench brawls etc...) but players that can play, whether they are 4th or 1st line.

Staubitz fits this mold. He may not get many goals if any, but what he does bring more than makes up for that. He has abit of talent, and this is exactly what this team needs.

If they would not have dropped the ball by trading & signing so many players to long term contracts & overpaid ones, this team could have been so much better. BG really screwed this team over, and PG hasn't helped it much.

Fair enough. I don't agree that the majority feel that way,, and definitely disagree that EVERYONE feels that way. Players like Brad have their place in this league STILL. On that we agree. There are ton's of them available IMO. If management really wants them ( appears they are now leaning that way),,, IMO we'll have no problem finding them.

I know you've been adamant about retaining Moen at all costs, claiming he's invaluable to this team. That's where you'll get the argument. Many felt he had more value to us (under the current conditions)as a trade for futures.

If we were a playoff team,,, then Moen fits that bill. Being on the outside looking in,,,,different situation.

If we can get that high end pick for a player type that can be drafted in lower rounds,,,time to sell. Hopefully we never are in a position to do that again because of moves we make now.

I would not be surprised if MTL re-signed him for next year. .

I'd be surprised if HE wants to sign here

Being an UFA , his agent would eb wise to test the market unless he thinks he can make this team and can deal with the zoo that it is here

I'd be surprised if HE wants to sign here

Being an UFA , his agent would eb wise to test the market unless he thinks he can make this team and can deal with the zoo that it is here

He'll be lucky to get a 1-way, NHL contract anywhere. We claimed him on re-entry waivers. Anyone talking about resigning him likely hasn't watched him play. It's a warm body so I don't really care, but he's bad.

He's a pretty good fighter. Just doesn't really bring anything else to the table.

Then he's exactly what we need for a tank.

- Facilitates losing.

- Discourages cheap shots against our young players if "he's a pretty good fighter".

- Keeps the fans happy if "he's a pretty good fighter".

Th following lineup is one of the all-time greatest lineups for tanking:

White-Gomez-Staubitz

Kaberle-Campoli

Budaj

He'll be lucky to get a 1-way, NHL contract anywhere. We claimed him on re-entry waivers. Anyone talking about resigning him likely hasn't watched him play. It's a warm body so I don't really care, but he's bad.

He's not bad at all. He can play the game. Just because he was claimed on re-entry waivers means zilch. Minnesota was already carrying a HW in Kassian. Staubitz had his role diminished from this. He is a useful player.

He's not bad at all. He can play the game. Just because he was claimed on re-entry waivers means zilch. Minnesota was already carrying a HW in Kassian. Staubitz had his role diminished from this. He is a useful player.

Yeah, I couldn't disagree more. I've watched him. He's bad. And re-entry waivers means something, it means he already cleared waivers, that usually happens for 1 of 2 reasons, a bad contract or a bad player. His contract is perfectly fine. Good players making near the league minimum don't clear waivers.