The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Brad Staubitz

Guest olddude

Yeah, I couldn't disagree more. I've watched him. He's bad. And re-entry waivers means something, it means he already cleared waivers, that usually happens for 1 of 2 reasons, a bad contract or a bad player. His contract is perfectly fine. Good players making near the league minimum don't clear waivers.

Just watched a bunch of his videos on Youtube, while he will add a degree of toughness which IMO we need, the problem is he's a middle weight, not a heavyweight and not an answer to Boston. His stats suggest he's not much more than a fighter, I don't know, I think he has the rest of the season to make an impression or he won't be back. If this is the kind of player we want to add, I'd rather try and get Orr from Toronto, at least he can handle Boston.

Just watched a bunch of his videos on Youtube, while he will add a degree of toughness which IMO we need, the problem is he's a middle weight, not a heavyweight and not an answer to Boston. His stats suggest he's not much more than a fighter, I don't know, I think he has the rest of the season to make an impression or he won't be back. If this is the kind of player we want to add, I'd rather try and get Orr from Toronto, at least he can handle Boston.

Well we don't play Boston again until next year so we have a lot of time to worry about them and if we wanted Orr we likely would have claimed him when they waived him, although I think we've had more success in recent years vs Boston than the Leafs, with Orr, anyway.

Guest olddude

Well we don't play Boston again until next year so we have a lot of time to worry about them and if we wanted Orr we likely would have claimed him when they waived him, although I think we've had more success in recent years vs Boston than the Leafs, with Orr, anyway.

Perhaps I didn't word my comment right, I was basically agreeing with your post that Staubitz is not a great player and if we got him as a fighter, there were better options available. I used Boston as an example because they are the most physical team we face.

Perhaps I didn't word my comment right, I was basically agreeing with your post that Staubitz is not a great player and if we got him as a fighter, there were better options available. I used Boston as an example because they are the most physical team we face.

I see the value of physicality but like you say, we need physical players who can play. I don't care about fighting but I'd like guys who can take the body, who can cycle down low and just be tough to play against. I think we're doing a better job at developing players like that. Meat head goons are dying, for a reason, they've outlived their usefulness. You need something productive from every spot on the roster.

Still can't quite figure this one out. Why not just bring up Shultz or have a look at some other kids?

Well maybe we wanted a 13th forward (when we're reasonably healthy) a guy to sit in the press box a fair bit? He's really cheap. Maybe we felt that some of those kids aren't ready so having another warm body lets us pick and choose who we play in the NHL and who continues to develop in Hamilton? Or maybe we're just stupid?

Well maybe we wanted a 13th forward (when we're reasonably healthy) a guy to sit in the press box a fair bit? He's really cheap. Maybe we felt that some of those kids aren't ready so having another warm body lets us pick and choose who we play in the NHL and who continues to develop in Hamilton? Or maybe we're just stupid?

If that's the case, there was obviously no input from Cunneyworth. From what I can tell, he doesn't even want a 12th forward.

I really like the way Staubitz played tonight.

I'm quite serious.

If we're going to rebuild, we need an insurance policy to protect our young players.

IMO, signing an additional enforcer to a 2-year contract is a top priority this off-season.

I can't recall the last time a Habs player dominated a fight like that. Did you all see how Staubitz blocked Malone from the bench?

If he keeps playing this way, resign him please.

I really like the way Staubitz played tonight.

I'm quite serious.

If we're going to rebuild, we need an insurance policy to protect our young players.

IMO, signing an additional enforcer to a 2-year contract is a top priority this off-season.

I can't recall the last time a Habs player dominated a fight like that. Did you all see how Staubitz blocked Malone from the bench?

If he keeps playing this way, resign him please.

PLEASE ,,,,no more then a one year deal for a goon EVER again ( and league minimum).1lg003prayer1.gif

I'm sure he'd jump on it too.

Did you not watch the game?

Staubitz blocked Malone FROM THE BENCH.

He's probably going to get suspended for that but he did it anyway.

That's not protecting our players as a figure of speech or as a sports cliche. That's protecting our players in reality.

Emelin has a metal plate in his face, if Malone had sucker punched him he might have gone blind.

I don't see the problem with paying money for insurance.

Did you not watch the game?

Staubitz blocked Malone FROM THE BENCH.

He's probably going to get suspended for that but he did it anyway.

That's not protecting our players as a figure of speech or as a sports cliche. That's protecting our players in reality.

Emelin has a metal plate in his face, if Malone had sucker punched him he might have gone blind.

I don't see the problem with paying money for insurance.

Yes i watched the game. I agree it was a treat watching someone stand up for the guys. Where we disagree is paying a fighter big bucks on a multy year deal. Been there done that. I'm willing to bet a one year deal at League minimum (or close to it) would have his agent jumping all over it. Why pay a premium??

Yes i watched the game. I agree it was a treat watching someone stand up for the guys. Where we disagree is paying a fighter big bucks on a multy year deal. Been there done that. I'm willing to bet a one year deal at League minimum (or close to it) would have his agent jumping all over it. Why pay a premium??

I'm not sure how 900,000/year for Staubitz as I suggested constitutes "big bucks".

I'm just saying if he keeps protecting our players, resign him. Before July 1st.

I'm not sure how 900,000/year for Staubitz as I suggested constitutes "big bucks".

I'm just saying if he keeps protecting our players, resign him. Before July 1st.

I'm not that familiar with this kid. If he can get the job done without costing us games,, then a guy like that would be worth paying a premium. Anything over League minimum otherwise,, constitutes an overpayment in my books.

I won't throw close to a mill (multiple years) at a player after 1 game. There's a ton of punching bags in the AHL that can fight too,,,,probably just as many as this kid dying to play in the NHL. If his only contribution to the team is fight on demand,,, then i'm OK with that, and he should only be paid minimum. If he can do that job and contribute in other ways (PK or shutdown energy line) then he might be worth that 900K.

I'm not that familiar with this kid. If he can get the job done without costing us games,, then a guy like that would be worth paying a premium. Anything over League minimum otherwise,, constitutes an overpayment in my books.

I won't throw close to a mill (multiple years) at a player after 1 game. There's a ton of punching bags in the AHL that can fight too,,,,probably just as many as this kid dying to play in the NHL. If his only contribution to the team is fight on demand,,, then i'm OK with that, and he should only be paid minimum. If he can do that job and contribute in other ways (PK or shutdown energy line) then he might be worth that 900K.

Why do people always think a "fighter" will cost us games. The regular players on this team cost us enough games themselves. A guy like Staubitz, who given 8-10mins of ice time can be very effective for this team. With himself and White and hopefully Moen, this team will finally have some character, after so many years of softness.

I'd sign him for 2 years like DA said. Something like $700k should do the trick. Give him a chance to better himself here. Certainly I'd rather play him than SG or MB or MD.

Why do people always think a "fighter" will cost us games. The regular players on this team cost us enough games themselves. A guy like Staubitz, who given 8-10mins of ice time can be very effective for this team. With himself and White and hopefully Moen, this team will finally have some character, after so many years of softness.

I'd sign him for 2 years like DA said. Something like $700k should do the trick. Give him a chance to better himself here. Certainly I'd rather play him than SG or MB or MD.

How does a guy cost you games???Really??

A stupid one who goes berserk simply because it's his only talent will cost you games.

A fighter who doesn't know when to pick his spots is useless. If we have momentum and he takes a dumb instigator penalty that results in a momentum changing goal,,,,that's how he costs you games. I have no problem seeing a guy go after someone taking liberties with our players, because if that is allowed to continue,,,it takes away from our talented players game. That's called picking your spot. Some lunatic running around the ice trying to run players and instigate, is not my idea of an enforcer.

As i mentioned....i'm not familiar with Brad. He's played one game and there's already talk of throwing a multy year deal at the kid for good money. Can we watch him play for awhile before giving him the key to the city?