The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Jean Beliveau

roy_133

• 2 weeks later...

Good for him. I hope his rehab goes better than expected. :)

As bad as my French reading is, I thought that's what they said on RDS last night.

Still a long road to recovery but a very good sign.

This is from Habs I/O,,,,when Jean was in his 4th season, he appeared on the game show,,,"To Tell The Truth". The Vid is 9 1/2 min. long, and should appeal to all ages. He is wearing his full equipment, including skates. Nov. 19, 1957.

From Habs I/O:

"Wonderful find by Habs fan Vassilios Bantourakis: Canadiens great Jean Béliveau, in 1957 just four years into his NHL career, on the American game show To Tell The Truth.

When Béliveau leaves the set at the end of the clip, you’ll see he’s wearing sweater No. 22, in fact worn that season by Donnie Marshall, while the third contestant wears Béliveau’s No. 4."

Enjoy :)

On edit,,,,notice the length of his pants compared to the other 2 guys.

• 2 weeks later...

Get well soon Captain Jean.

Years ago I sent Mr Beliveau a get well wish and in Return he sent me a card with his thank you and his autograph.This is very special to me as I watched him play when I was a kid.Now he is fighting again and we can see that this man is a fighter and will once again be seen sitting in the stands not a press box .Gods speed Sir Jean

• 4 weeks later...

MONTREAL (February 28, 2012) – The Montreal Canadiens announced today that Jean Beliveau suffered a stroke on Monday evening and was admitted to the hospital.

Now 80 years old, Mr. Beliveau is currently undergoing active investigation and treatments. As of today and for the duration of his convalescence Mr. Beliveau humbly asks everyone to respect his privacy and that of his family.

http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=619603

Obviously awful news, hoping for the best and a speedy recovery.

Could we get a report on Mr.Beliveau thank you

Could we get a report on Mr.Beliveau thank you

Last news we received was that he had been released from the hospital and was in rehab. I know from personal experience that he has a long recovery process in front of him. We're talking months with someone his age.

Guest habs1952

I was in Kingston on the weekend visiting my daughter and on Saturday night we went to her neighbours house to watch the Caps/Rangers game. Her neighbour is is really into hockey and has a huge collection of autographed jerseys and pictures of himself with NHL players. He goes to numerous events around the province each year just to get a picture along with an autograph. This guy is so dedicated he'll get the picture taken with himself and the player, race to Wal-mart to get it printed out (8 x 10's) and race back to get it autographed. The only bad thing about the guy is that he's a Senator's fan. He told us that of all the players he's ever met, Jean Beliveau was by far the most gracious. Beliveau took an interest in the person he was giving his time to and actually carried on a lengthy conversation. Jean Beliveau is and always will be number one in my books. The best ambassador of the Habs.

Guest habs1952

I was in Kingston on the weekend visiting my daughter and on Saturday night we went to her neighbours house to watch the Caps/Rangers game. Her neighbour is is really into hockey and has a huge collection of autographed jerseys and pictures of himself with NHL players. He goes to numerous events around the province each year just to get a picture along with an autograph. This guy is so dedicated he'll get the picture taken with himself and the player, race to Wal-mart to get it printed out (8 x 10's) and race back to get it autographed. The only bad thing about the guy is that he's a Senator's fan. He told us that of all the players he's ever met, Jean Beliveau was by far the most gracious. Beliveau took an interest in the person he was giving his time to and actually carried on a lengthy conversation. Jean Beliveau is and always will be number one in my books. The best ambassador of the Habs.

I should add, he found Martin Brodeur to be the most ungracious player to meet.