The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

History Has Been Made

I was wondering what happened to the History has been thread from last year, but instead of waiting for someone else to start it, I've decided to resurrect this myself. Joel Ward's overtime goal in Game 7 against Washington marked the first time in NHL history that all seven games of a playoff series had been decided by one goal. Amazing, you'd think that would have happened long ago. Anyway, for the remainder of the playoffs, everyone is invited to post any history making events that occur.

I was wondering what happened to the History has been thread from last year, but instead of waiting for someone else to start it, I've decided to resurrect this myself. Joel Ward's overtime goal in Game 7 against Washington marked the first time in NHL history that all seven games of a playoff series had been decided by one goal. Amazing, you'd think that would have happened long ago. Anyway, for the remainder of the playoffs, everyone is invited to post any history making events that occur.

My guess is that the empty netter is somewhat to blame. Even if every game in a series was close, you'd think that more often than not someone would be able to throw it down the ice and into the open net in at least one of the games

Cup Champs Eliminated 1st Round....History Has Been Made.:rolleyes::D

Cup Champs Eliminated 1st Round....History Has Been Made.:rolleyes::D

That's not the first time it's happened. Does it matter though? The fact that it was the Bruins makes it that much more worth celebrating.

Post edit: Habs fans celebrating playoff results when the Habs weren't involved?!? It can only be a Boston loss. :)

That's not the first time it's happened. Does it matter though? The fact that it was the Bruins makes it that much more worth celebrating.

:lol: oh true.,..but could not resist throwing this in here

One of my favorite moments in history...

The highly favoured pens were looking for their 3rd consecutive cup. They were beaten out by the Isles in the 2nd round, opening the door for the Habs-The rest is history. :D

I gotta stop living in the past. :(

One of my favorite moments in history...

The highly favoured pens were looking for their 3rd consecutive cup. They were beaten out by the Isles in the 2nd round, opening the door for the Habs-The rest is history. :D

I gotta stop living in the past. :(

That year was so much fun.

• 3 weeks later...

The LA Kings become the first team in NHL history to open all four series with a three games to none lead. And they did it as an eighth seeded team! :o

WOW,,,and to think that Burke doesn't want to just make the POs, just to be swept in the 1st round.

Shows you how much he knows as a GM :lol: .

WOW,,,and to think that Burke doesn't want to just make the POs, just to be swept in the 1st round.

Shows you how much he knows as a GM :lol: .

Yup... Burke sure is a smart cookie. :lol: The Kings may even be the first team in any sport to accomplish this feat... but I am far too lazy to do the research on it. :P

Archived