The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Toronto Maple Leafs 2012-2013

ColRouleBleu

leafs_1.gif

733995_10152710744795391_1316110546_n.jp

303482_10151588573904656_1056532562_n.jp

I'm not surprised, didn't catch the whole series, but caught a few games.

Post season leafs reminded me of the JM days here in Montreal. Control the game through 2 periods, get a comfy lead, then sit back and hope your tender bails you out in the 3rd for the win.

I saw one of the last games in boston, again, comfortable lead heading into the 3rd, then the bruins came back, peppering Reimer with like 20 shots in the 3rd. I felt Reimer looked better as the series went on, in the early wins he seemed shaky, but seemed to gain confidence as the series went on.

Just like our habs, leafs gave Reimer no support.

Have to give it to them they battled hard, but not enough to win the series.

I can sleep now that the leafs didn't get past the first round. Had they beaten boston I would've never heard the end of it from my toronto based family. They make the playoffs once in 7-8 years and they think they're the 76 habs. :rolleyes:

• 5 weeks later...

The Toronto Maple Leafs have signed tough guy Colton Orr to a two-year contract extension.

Orr played in 44 of 48 regular-season games for Toronto this past season and led the league in penalty minutes with 155. He added one goal and three assists and had a plus-4 defensive rating.

He earned his 1,000th career penalty minute on March 21 Buffalo.

• 2 weeks later...

" The Toronto Maple Leafs looked to end their goaltending questions Sunday by trading for goalie Jonathan Bernier.

Toronto gave up forward Matt Frattin, backup goaltender Ben Scrivens and a second-round pick in either the 2014 or 2015 NHL Entry Draft.

Bernier, 24, is eligible to become a restricted free agent.

Bernier played in 14 regular-season games for the Kings in 2012-13, compiling a 9-3-1 record with a goals-against average of 1.88 and save percentage of .922.

King assistant GM Ron Hextall said the deal had been “ongoing for months.”