The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Buffalo Sabres 2012-2013

ColRouleBleu

Wasn't it John Muckler? I remember him punching out an opponent's mascot once.

Could be. Haven't really bothered to look it up. I think i remember that incident you mention though. :lol:

Big news in Buffalo. I thought they were going to have to carry him out on a stretcher before ever canning him. I can't even remember who coached them before him. :blink:

It's gonna be very strange to not see him there.

I don't think he was to blame for the Sabres though,

watching them play against the Jets it was just turnover after turnover,

nothing against the Jets, but Buffalo looked so very, very awful in that game.

Hard to watch even..

It's gonna be very strange to not see him there.

I don't think he was to blame for the Sabres though,

watching them play against the Jets it was just turnover after turnover,

nothing against the Jets, but Buffalo looked so very, very awful in that game.

Hard to watch even..

Maybe the wakeup call will be heard and they'll give the Leafs all they can handle tonight. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

From TSN:

"

The Buffalo Sabres assigned forward Mikhail Grigorenko to the Quebec Remparts of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League on Friday.

Grigorenko has one goal and four assists with a minus-two rating through 22 NHL games this season.

The 18-year-old was in his first season with the Sabres after being selected 12th overall in the first round of the 2012 NHL Entry Draft.

Grigorenko played in 32 games with the Remparts during the NHL lockout and contributed 29 goals and 21 assists.

By playing more than five games with the Sabres, Grigorenko burned the first year of his entry-level contract this season."

Guest habs1952

From TSN:

"

The Buffalo Sabres assigned forward Mikhail Grigorenko to the Quebec Remparts of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League on Friday.

Grigorenko has one goal and four assists with a minus-two rating through 22 NHL games this season.

The 18-year-old was in his first season with the Sabres after being selected 12th overall in the first round of the 2012 NHL Entry Draft.

Grigorenko played in 32 games with the Remparts during the NHL lockout and contributed 29 goals and 21 assists.

By playing more than five games with the Sabres, Grigorenko burned the first year of his entry-level contract this season."

Don't they have to keep him if he's played more than 5 games?

Don't they have to keep him if he's played more than 5 games?

More then 9 games normally but it was 5 this season. They have the option of sending him back to Junior just as we do with Chuckie. The catch is you lose a full year on the entry level contract. He's not eligible for the AHL.

Guest habs1952

More then 9 games normally but it was 5 this season. They have the option of sending him back to Junior just as we do with Chuckie. The catch is you lose a full year on the entry level contract. He's not eligible for the AHL.

I didn't know that. I thought it was cut and dried that if you exceed the maximum number of games you can't send him back to his junior team.

Less than a week after being named the Buffalo Sabres' third assistant captain, forward Steve Ott spoke out on WGR550 radio about his team recently being booed by their own fans. "I think its completely ridiculous to be honest with you," Ott said.

Full Story.