The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Columbus Blue Jackets 2012-2013

ColRouleBleu

• 2 weeks later...

I think Columbus did well in this deal, the only problem is the first rounder is a very low pick.

Nash is 28 (an old 28) allegedly entering his prime and will be playing with a Top 5 center in Brad Richards, I think we can chalk him up for 35-45 goals and 35 assists assuming 75 games played. Solid first line/All-star production, who knows what he's got in the playoffs though and the offensive depth on the Rangers isn't very good. Also, Nash and Gaborik both shoot left and like to play on the off-wing, so one of them is either playing the off-wing or OFF Richards line. So, either Stephan or Callahan is going to have to set the table at an All-star level to make the duo's impact worth it. I don't think it will happen, either they create a monster line with a thin offensive behind them or they dilute their top end production. I feel like the Rangers lost the identity that made them successful last year: Depth, toughness, tight checking and timely scoring from a wide variety of players.

Columbus gets a young, future captain type player that plays in all situations and is tough as nails and will get 40-50 points a season on average in Dubinsky.

Young, big talented top 6 player in the making in Anisimov.

Young, big, solid stay at home top 4 potential 21 year old defenceman Tim Erixon to potentially play with Johnson, Wisniewski or Murray in the future.

Low first round pick. Likely leads to another solid yet unspectacular player.

So, in summary the Blue Jackets, an awful organization and team for many years with one star player, have traded him for 3-4 long term pieces on a developping team. The Rangers have traded depth for star power, again.

IMO, 3 years from now unless the Rangers win a cup and only a cup, this deal will be slanted towards the Blue Jackets as they return to the playoffs by 2015.

I think Columbus did well in this deal, the only problem is the first rounder is a very low pick.

Nash is 28 (an old 28) allegedly entering his prime and will be playing with a Top 5 center in Brad Richards, I think we can chalk him up for 35-45 goals and 35 assists assuming 75 games played. Solid first line/All-star production, who knows what he's got in the playoffs though and the offensive depth on the Rangers isn't very good. Also, Nash and Gaborik both shoot left and like to play on the off-wing, so one of them is either playing the off-wing or OFF Richards line. So, either Stephan or Callahan is going to have to set the table at an All-star level to make the duo's impact worth it. I don't think it will happen, either they create a monster line with a thin offensive behind them or they dilute their top end production. I feel like the Rangers lost the identity that made them successful last year: Depth, toughness, tight checking and timely scoring from a wide variety of players.

Columbus gets a young, future captain type player that plays in all situations and is tough as nails and will get 40-50 points a season on average in Dubinsky.

Young, big talented top 6 player in the making in Anisimov.

Young, big, solid stay at home top 4 potential 21 year old defenceman Tim Erixon to potentially play with Johnson, Wisniewski or Murray in the future.

Low first round pick. Likely leads to another solid yet unspectacular player.

So, in summary the Blue Jackets, an awful organization and team for many years with one star player, have traded him for 3-4 long term pieces on a developping team. The Rangers have traded depth for star power, again.

IMO, 3 years from now unless the Rangers win a cup and only a cup, this deal will be slanted towards the Blue Jackets as they return to the playoffs by 2015.

Excellent analysis - arguably a win/win trade for both sides but if Nash / Richards / Gaborik don't fire the Rangers to the Cup this coming year people will be saying that CBJ fleeced them big time.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

NHL.com. A recurring hip injury has forced goaltender Pascal Leclair into retirement. LeClair spent six seasons with Columbus before being traded to Ottawa in March, 2009. LeClair finishes his career with 61-76-15 record, a 2.89 goals against average, a .904 save percentage, and had 10 shutouts.

I've already made a thread on this it's in NHL players.. and why did you post this in the Coloumbus thread when he last played for Ottawa?

He played most of his career for Columbus.

I never saw a more injury prone player than Leclaire.

Seriously, sitting on the bench as a back up tender he had to leave the game with an injury... While sitting on the bench he was hit by a puck and broke his jaw.

He played well in Columbus and when I heard that ottawa had picked him up, I was a tad worried. The one thing Ottawa has always lacked was a true #1 tender. When i heard they had picked up Pascal, i thought they had finally landed a true #1.

What is it about Ottawa that makes tender instantly suck?

Even hasek played badly (for his standards) when he was in Ottawa.

• 1 month later...