The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

2012-13 Mark My Words

BigTed3

Armstrong isn't a 30 - 40 goal scorer. He's being brought in to provide experienced sand paper to the line up and at a cheap price. He's good at getting under player's skins and he's not afraid to be around the net.

armstrong might of been playing hurt but i will tell you hes all mouth you wont see him in too many scraps.

Guest habs1952

armstrong might of been playing hurt but i will tell you hes all mouth you wont see him in too many scraps.

I don't want to see him in too many scraps. I want to see him getting under the opposing player's skin and drawing penalties.

MMW:

Eller scores 22 goals.

Gomez does not finish the season in Montreal.

Cole and Pacioretty dont score 30 again.

Gionta scores 28.

Plekanec has 60 points.

Subban makes the All-Star team.

Habs make the playoffs and lose in 5 games to the Rangers.

Guest archey

MMW:

Eller scores 22 goals.

Gomez does not finish the season in Montreal.

Cole and Pacioretty dont score 30 again.

Gionta scores 28.

Plekanec has 60 points.

Subban makes the All-Star team.

Habs make the playoffs and lose in 5 games to the Rangers.

happen to know what i'm having for thanksgiving? :lol:

The Eller,Armstrong,Prust line will certainly enjoy putting the hurt on their opponents much to the delight of all the Hab fans that have endured the face-washings and beatings the Habs have taken these last twenty years.I know I'm looking forward to the next season like a kid again,renewed vigor waiting for the opponent that thinks the CH is a target for abuse that they have become accustomed to for so long.Respect is earned and that will be the name of the game this season.

The Eller,Armstrong,Prust line will certainly enjoy putting the hurt on their opponents much to the delight of all the Hab fans that have endured the face-washings and beatings the Habs have taken these last twenty years.I know I'm looking forward to the next season like a kid again,renewed vigor waiting for the opponent that thinks the CH is a target for abuse that they have become accustomed to for so long.Respect is earned and that will be the name of the game this season.

I hope Eller develops a mean streak. He has it in him.

• 4 weeks later...

A healthy Markov and a rejuvenated Kaberle and a freshly signed 15 goal season from Subban mean a top 3 PP in league

Gomez will get 50 pts

Price gets 35 wins

Habs finish top 5 in east

I figure, that Gomez "might" get 25-30 PTs.,,,,,if he's not sent to Hamilton.

As for Price with 35 wins,,,,,,that's 70 PTs.,,,, add another 8-12 for SO/ties,,,,,,,,,,,, add another 8-10 PTs., for Budaj, and you have about (top end) 92 PTs. IMO,,,,,not enough for a top 5 finish.

Not shooting you down,,,,,but that's the way I see it going.

Just sayin is all :)

BTW,,,,glad to see your postings,,,keep it up, that's what the forums are for,,,,,,,,discussions :).

I figure, that Gomez "might" get 25-30 PTs.,,,,,if he's not sent to Hamilton.

As for Price with 35 wins,,,,,,that's 70 PTs.,,,, add another 8-12 for SO/ties,,,,,,,,,,,, add another 8-10 PTs., for Budaj, and you have about (top end) 92 PTs. IMO,,,,,not enough for a top 5 finish.

Not shooting you down,,,,,but that's the way I see it going.

Just sayin is all :)

BTW,,,,glad to see your postings,,,keep it up, that's what the forums are for,,,,,,,,discussions :).

[/quote

Sorry, when i said get, i mean reach, i meant price will reach 35 wins, im banking on 35-40. And Budaj got us 15 pts last year in a dissapointing season for all. price gets us 80-85, Budaj comes in with another 15-20, thats a 100 pts, which is good for a top 5 finish in the East anyways.

i have a feeling/hope that gomez will surprise us all. Im hoping him and gionta can rekindle their magic with the right line mate. I also meant gomez will reach 50 pts, i think he may exceed that

• 2 weeks later...

MMW... The players are going to lose far more actual dollars by missing games, then they could ever hope to recoup by a saving a few more HRR points over the course of their careers.

Talk about not being able to see the forest for the trees.

yeah but this is a MAJOR issue...world news....

what i mean is the economist which publishes facts about the world economy has seen fit to go with an article about pride and greed in sports due to this strike. the implications stretch far and wide apparantly, not just some corner of canada and the us....something on the order of the UN or so....

i call it a strike because the players could settle...not suggesting it though

Guest habs1952

MMW... The players are going to lose far more actual dollars by missing games, then they could ever hope to recoup by a saving a few more HRR points over the course of their careers.

Talk about not being able to see the forest for the trees.

Yeah, they'll lose money, but what do you do when this CBA expires and the owners come back and demand another pay cut in the next CBA? Do you settle right away for fear of losing money by not playing games? There comes a point where you need to make a stand to avoid the perception of being weak.