The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

2012-13 Mark My Words

BigTed3

• 2 weeks later...

If the season ever starts, I feel the habs will be better than last season.

I don't see us in the top 6, but don't see us in the bottom 3 either.

Probably around 10th, on the outside looking in. There was so much negativity during the PG regime, many players have come out since and said it wasn't a happy place to be. Now we have a new guy driving the bus, he's a rookie looking to make a name for himself and seems to be doing all the right things. Where Pierre was all about boosting his own ego, Marc preaches team.

Not overly thrilled about MT behind the bench, but I'm willing to give him a chance. He went back in the trenches to better himself and had success in Pittsburgh. Also we were too soft with the JM system, we need a guy like MT behind the bench to toughen us up. I really don't see him lasting though.

Really wish the season would start already.

To be honest, I feel the Canadiens have as good of a shot as any other team. Begevin did some really good stuff. Best case scenario the NHL will finally come to an agreement soon and the NHL will hit the ice. If that happens, I think the Habs have a great shot to make it far this year. Subban, Price, Leblanc, Pacioretty and Lars Eller will be one year closer to their prime, and with the toughness that Bergevin added I feel that Plekanec will really hit his stride well. I expect Tomas Plekanec and Max Pacioretty to get about 70 points each, Subban to get 50 points and Carey Price to be a Vezina candidate. I see good things for the Habs this season, but I suppose you just never know.

To be honest, I feel the Canadiens have as good of a shot as any other team. Begevin did some really good stuff. Best case scenario the NHL will finally come to an agreement soon and the NHL will hit the ice. If that happens, I think the Habs have a great shot to make it far this year. Subban, Price, Leblanc, Pacioretty and Lars Eller will be one year closer to their prime, and with the toughness that Bergevin added I feel that Plekanec will really hit his stride well. I expect Tomas Plekanec and Max Pacioretty to get about 70 points each, Subban to get 50 points and Carey Price to be a Vezina candidate. I see good things for the Habs this season, but I suppose you just never know.

Mark my words: You never know. :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest habs1952

Surprising we haven't had anybody go on record about our placing this season. I'm going to be the optimist and say top 5 (probably 5th). Just a feeling.

Now that you mention it.....Cup winners! :)

I know its immature to make these kind of predictions but i will also take a shot at it because its funny to read these kind of posts afterwards and your predictions are way off the charts. Realistically we have a good chance to surpass TOR and OTT from our division, NYI from the Atlantic and WPG,FLA from the Southeast. This means that we will probably be 10th with the potential of taking on teams like BUF,TBL,CAR, and NJD. So the roof is the 6th place and the bottom is the 15th, but more likely the 10th (things cant go worse, can they?).

As a matter of fact these are my Eastern Cconference predictions:

1. New York Rangers

2. Washington

3. Boston

4. Pittsburgh

5. Philadelphia

6. Carolina

7. Montreal

8. Buffalo

9. New Jersey

10.Tampa Bay

11.Ottawa

12.Florida

13.Toronto

14.Winnipeg

15.New York Islanders

PLAYOFFS

NYR - BUF =4-2

WSH - MTL =4-2

BOS - CAR =3-4

PIT - PHI =4-3

NYR - CAR =4-2

WSH - PIT =2-4

NYR - PIT =4-3

...and my Western Conference predictions:

1. St.Louis

2. Vancouver

3. Los Angeles

4. Minnesota

5. Chicago

6. Dallas

7. Detroit

8. Calgary

9. San Jose

10.Edmonton

11.Colorado

12.Nashville

13.Phoenix

14.Anaheim

15.Columbus

PLAYOFFS

STL - CGY =4-3

VAN - DET =2-4

LAK - DAL =2-4

MIN - CHI =4-3

MIN - DAL =4-3

STL - DET =4-1

STL - MIN =4-2

...just for fan my hero Jaro will lift the Cup after 7 games (JARO-HANK=4-3)

With a shortened season, it may throw things off.

Some teams are known for slow starts, where others are know for hot starts and slow finishes.

I think those teams known for hot starts will have the advantage this short season.

It may actually be the year that the leafs make the playoffs. They got off to a hot start last season. They really only started to slide after the all-star break. Their spiral was confirmed when their tending started to drop the ball.

I'm really stumped as to how to predict. Habs often start strong, slip in the 2nd month, then regain some in the 3rd month. Unfortunately, habs won't have much time to bounce back. Think they'll be on the outside looking in. :(