The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

2012-13 The Positive Thread

Guest habs1952

Last night.

& this morning: going to work and silently gloating, never saying anything, just letting Leafs nation know that I know they fear me opening my mouth.

:lol::lol: That bugs 'em even more. They can't give all their excuses. :lol::lol:

Probably the best thing to me this season, from the standpoint of pure enjoyment as a fan, is watching us control the play and skate circles around teams while applying relentless pressure. Even when the puck doesn't go in or the bounces don't go our way, it's so much more pleasurable to watch a Habs game now, particularly since we're not doing the dump-and-chase robotically, then losing possession because the far forward didn't get to the puck fast enough.

Yeah. We've hit that 20 game benchmark, so it appears were for real. Reasonable sample size to judge team results with. Doesn't mean we won't slump,, but there's an air of confidence that this team is capable of handling the adversity if it hits us.

Yeah. We've hit that 20 game benchmark, so it appears were for real. Reasonable sample size to judge team results with. Doesn't mean we won't slump,, but there's an air of confidence that this team is capable of handling the adversity if it hits us.

Exactly, that confidence is what gives us confidence as fans. Too often in the past few years, we've appeared mentally fragile -- a team that can't handle a bad start to a game, or giving up a goal, or a string of penalties, or whatever. I've always felt that top teams don't need rah-rah nonsense or so-called big games to be motivated; rather, those teams are even-keeled and motivated from within, playing their game whether it's a divisional rival or a bottom-feeder. It's too early to say we're for real IMO -- teams do swoon in the second half of seasons all the time -- but it's getting pretty close to the time when we can say we're for real.

Being able to turn on a game and be hopeful is probably what I like most about this season so far. Watching cynical pundits and washed-up players have to eat their words is pretty sweet too, though.

And I know we won't finish first in the east, and probably not first in the division either, but man is it nice to see for an extended period of time.

Getting use to the new look up-grade board/forum :rolleyes:

Thank you, Milan and Zdeno. Without your effort the win for the Habs might have been much tougher. 3rd line Prust against 1st line Lucic and Emelin against Chara: very favorable deals in terms of ´Ruins losing key players in stupid fights :-)

I think Emelin fouled and should have been called for 2 minutes. But refs did not blow the whistle and Zdeno "the Avenger" Chara gave us a 17 minutes "Charafree" defense to face :-) GJ on offense guys. Great saves, Peto ;-)

I did not see any of the following games on television this season.

Toronto beating Montreal 6-0.

New York beating Montreal 4-3 in OT.

Pittsburgh beating Montreal 7-6 in OT.

New York beating Montreal 6-3.

Well then,,,,,,doncha think it's about time you sat your butt down and watch a game, so they won't lose? There just might be a correlation. :P

I really feel like I have to share this somewhere. It gave me positive feelings so this seems as good as anywhere. A nice summary of videos making fun of Boston's hypocrisy.

I had no idea the Daily Show and Colbert each did such lengthy segments on them. Obviously those ones have a bit of vulgar language so be warned. The first two videos (including the first which many have seen already) aren't vulgar at all though, so show the kids!

Those videos are great but the Stewart and Colbert clips have been cut and lifted, they're really addressing something else entirely.

I really feel like I have to share this somewhere. It gave me positive feelings so this seems as good as anywhere. A nice summary of videos making fun of Boston's hypocrisy.

I had no idea the Daily Show and Colbert each did such lengthy segments on them. Obviously those ones have a bit of vulgar language so be warned. The first two videos (including the first which many have seen already) aren't vulgar at all though, so show the kids!

Sorry HTL, wasn't quite sure on how the language thing fit the rules in this scenario. The linked article itself obviously wasn't vulgar, just the last two videos within it which I warned about. I should have probably checked with a mod first, but I was in a care free mood after watching those clips ;)

For those who want to see it, I would recommend Googling or pulling it up on Yahoo. For the most recent video (no language issues) just look up 'Embellishment City'