The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

2012-13 The Negative Thread

After thinking about it a bit, I'm disappointed to see we didn't exploit Bishop by going cross-ice on passes to get him moving laterally and thus get him out of position. We spent a lot of time firing shots right into his frame, making him look good. I mean, he's a hot goalie right now, so I'm not saying he wasn't full value, but we could have approached it a bit better.

After thinking about it a bit, I'm disappointed to see we didn't exploit Bishop by going cross-ice on passes to get him moving laterally and thus get him out of position. We spent a lot of time firing shots right into his frame, making him look good. I mean, he's a hot goalie right now, so I'm not saying he wasn't full value, but we could have approached it a bit better.

Hitting the cross bars and posts may indicate they were trying to pick corners or at least shoot high... cross-ice on passes would have been nice to see on the power play, but then again the goal came from a point shot with Gallagher screening.

I think the problem is that we are seeing some far nice passes but the receivers are either not shooting or taking too long to do so(and I'm not just talking about last night)

Getting outshot 10 to 4 in the final period.

It's the impact of the score, we took our lead and played conservatively. It's not a good idea with 30 minutes left but with 9 minutes it's a reasonable decision. By the looks of things they outshot us 6-0 after we took the 4-3 lead halfway through the 3rd. There's probably more to dislike about getting outshot 15-8 in the 2nd TBH.

Guest Regis2

A team that apparently didn't come to play, at least after the first period.

I didn't see the game but looking at the Boxscore they outshot the isles 32 24 for the game and 23 - 18 after the 1st .

Reading comments it seems that Price is struggling and FWIW

http://www.hockeyinsideout.com/boone/about-last-night-94

" As evidenced by the explosion of goals scored by the Penguins and Islanders, the Canadiens are having issues in their own zone. The defence and supporting forwards have a tendency to wilt under forechecking pressure, with the result that Price has faced higher-percentage shots than he was seeing earlier in the season.

The Canadiens miss Raphael Diaz. And Andrei Markov, who is 34 and skating on knees that are 64, probably should not be playing 27 minutes, as he did against the Bruins and Islanders.

The team is taking a physical pounding. The Islanders outhit the Canadiens 25-17. Matt Martin and Colin McDonald each had six hits. Ryan White, Colby Armstrong and Travis Moen combined for five "

Last night's second period was terrible. Absolutely dominated by Carolina.

Agreed big time. Kudos to Carey for keeping us tied & not down by one or two going into the third. Also was awesome to see us come back and take this game. Oh crap I'm getting off topic.

Bad second period, yes very bad.

I hate it when I see the negative thread above the positive,especially in a season like this,so I looked and most of the negative posts are by Canadiens 27,so there was 18 shots against but we won,thats why we have Carey Price he can handle that,in fact he's better when he's working like that,come on C27 enjoy the season there is nothing to be down about,you are alive.

GO HABS GO :lol::lol:

I hate it when I see the negative thread above the positive,especially in a season like this,so I looked and most of the negative posts are by Canadiens 27,so there was 18 shots against but we won,thats why we have Carey Price he can handle that,in fact he's better when he's working like that,come on C27 enjoy the season there is nothing to be down about,you are alive.

GO HABS GO :lol::lol:

He posts a lot in the positive thread too.

Guest habs1952

He posts a lot in the positive thread too.

He just sees the good and bad in everything. Can't please him. Pity anyone married to him. <_<:lol::lol::lol::lol: