The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

#55 Francis Bouillon 2012-2013

ColRouleBleu

Bouillon's build seems to lend itself to fighting. He's built like a tank, but short and stocky, except in the arms, where his reach is pretty decent for someone his size. So he can basically land his shots while being protected by his own height "disadvantage" -- Ott had to swing down and around to get to him, and missed more often than not. :D

Guest habs1952

I found myself imagining I was a Roman Emperor watching that fight, just giving the thumbs down so that Frankie could throw Ott to the lions. :lol:

:lol: :lol:

I like Franky and i thought he was brought in for his toughness and character but where was he last night? Everyone complains about Moen doing nothing to stick up for team mates, and rightfully so, but Frankie was a no show as well. I'm a little dissappointed in him as well.

• 2 weeks later...

He was brought in for some cheap veteran leadership on the back end. He has delivered this season. He never was a rock am sock am player. He was a solid responsible defense man at both ends of the ice who is much much stronger than his size...

Bouillon was quite decent to start the season, although he did benefit from playing with Subban (advanced stats show Bouillon's possession numbers were significantly higher with Subban as a partner). He's still a quality leader on the ice and I love that he's one of the few guys who'll jump in to defend his teammates whenever it's needed. But I think it's also clear he's an older guy who has worn down a bit as the season's gone on, and this isn't even a full season. I'd be hard-pressed to see him providing value over 82 games next year unless we can really keep him in a 6th-7th role, playing 50-60 games and staying off of the PP, where he's not at all effective yet continues to be employed.