The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

#8 Brandon Prust 2012-2013

ColRouleBleu

Nice to see a real bruiser out there. He's not too small to be pushed around and he's not too big so that he scares people and have players turn down his invites-Like with BGL.

He's actually on the small side for an enforcer, but we all know in a fight, size isn't everything. Especially when talking hockey, it's one thing to fight and swing, it's another to do it on skates. A friend and I joked around once on an outdoor rink, pretending to be enforcers and took a couple of no contact swings at each other.

First thing I realized is that fighting on ice is very different. You miss your punch, the momentum keeps you moving and trying to keep your balance, while holding the other player and swinging is really hard.

Hats off to these guys, it's way tougher than it looks on TV.

Anybody still hating this contract? Didn't think so

Actually I do. I really like what he brings to the team, but that doesn't change the fact that he's overpaid for a third/fourth liner. I understand that's what we had to pay to get him, but I still don't have to like the contract ;)

When Bouillon got hit late in tonight's game, I really don't know why - it was a clean hit - but I expected an immediate reaction, somebody doing something.. and for a second, while there was nothing, a thought jumped into my mind: I guess we're still the Smurfs.

Enter Prust.

The other thing is that in a vacuum i dont "hate" the prust OR the moen contracts but its worse when you figure we got both for that long, for that much.

Personally,,,I'm going to wait until the 1st booins game before I decide if their contracts are worth it.

how nice is it to see a hab win a fight with regularity

god bless you tom kostopolous but it was painful to watch

Hey!!!!! TK was a great guy. Think how many goons he put out of commission after they hurt their hands on his head. :P:P

Kidding aside though,,,,that guy had all the heart in the world.

I would hope Brandon shows us the same. So far so good.

Hey!!!!! TK was a great guy. Think how many goons he put out of commission after they hurt their hands on his head. :P:P

Kidding aside though,,,,that guy had all the heart in the world.

I would hope Brandon shows us the same. So far so good.

like i said, god bless that mans soul. he was a true warrior, just couldnt win a fight, and we put him in a position to be our enforcer and he stepped up every single time even though he always lost

prust seems like the same kind of guy with just a bit more skill, definetly changes the complexion of the team for the better

I never thought he'd be the type to feign injury like that.

I hope that was a really small blip on his radar.

Love the player, love the toughness, didn't like the act last night.

The refs made the right call.

You saw a dive there? He hit the boards awkwardly after being hit from behind, no call should have been made for either team

I never thought he'd be the type to feign injury like that.

I hope that was a really small blip on his radar.

Love the player, love the toughness, didn't like the act last night.

The refs made the right call.

He might have faked a little bit, but if I was checked pretty much lung-first into the corner of the boards by a 6 foot 6, 200 something player, I wouldn't get up that quickly either. I'm surprised he doesn't have cracked or bruised lower ribs TBH.

You saw a dive there? He hit the boards awkwardly after being hit from behind, no call should have been made for either team

+1

I didnt see a dive. I saw a guy who got hit awkwardly & was winded. He didnt pull a Ribiero & writhe in pain only to get up laughing. He looked stunned & winded even a minute after the play. It clearly wasnt serious because he was ok within a short time, but I dont think it was an overreaction at the time either.

I dont necessarily think the Winnipeg player should have been penalized but i absolutely dont think a diving call was in order.

+1

I didnt see a dive. I saw a guy who got hit awkwardly & was winded. He didnt pull a Ribiero & writhe in pain only to get up laughing. He looked stunned & winded even a minute after the play. It clearly wasnt serious because he was ok within a short time, but I dont think it was an overreaction at the time either.

I dont necessarily think the Winnipeg player should have been penalized but i absolutely dont think a diving call was in order.

It's hard to know for sure but his outrage at the diving call looked pretty genuine as well which makes me want to give him the benefit of the doubt.