The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

#8 Brandon Prust 2012-2013

ColRouleBleu

In my opinion he lay on the ice as if he was seriously hurt.

Arms stretched out, head down, laying montionless until the whistle blew.

He may have been a little shaken up but not that bad. He didn't dive persay but he did embellish.

Immediately afterwards he was standing on the bench, a little hunched over, watching to see what was being called. He didn't appear to be in that much pain.

I taped the game and watched the play a few times. His hips made contact with the top of the boards and it may have hurt a little but not enough, in my mind, to lay motionless.

In my opinion he lay on the ice as if he was seriously hurt.

Arms stretched out, head down, laying montionless until the whistle blew.

He may have been a little shaken up but not that bad. He didn't dive persay but he did embellish.

Immediately afterwards he was standing on the bench, a little hunched over, watching to see what was being called. He didn't appear to be in that much pain.

I taped the game and watched the play a few times. His hips made contact with the top of the boards and it may have hurt a little but not enough, in my mind, to lay motionless.

Ultimately thats what it comes down to though, right? Our opinions, the ref's opinions etc. The only person who can tell you for sure how bad it was is Brandon Prust - even the Jets player doesnt know how it felt, only how hard he hit him (and Id add that in a different situation, that hit could have been quite serious - it was hard & a couple of feet from the boards).

The Ref obviously agreed with you, thus the call.

At the end of the day though, Prust wasnt seriously hurt, the Jets didnt score on the PP and it didnt affect the outcome of the game in any way, so we can close the book on it & just forget it I guess. :) It may have raised Theirren's blood pressure a bit though> I was waiting for him to snap & throw a bench, or maybe Tomas Kaberle on the ice. :P

Ultimately thats what it comes down to though, right? Our opinions, the ref's opinions etc. The only person who can tell you for sure how bad it was is Brandon Prust - even the Jets player doesnt know how it felt, only how hard he hit him (and Id add that in a different situation, that hit could have been quite serious - it was hard & a couple of feet from the boards).

The Ref obviously agreed with you, thus the call.

At the end of the day though, Prust wasnt seriously hurt, the Jets didnt score on the PP and it didnt affect the outcome of the game in any way, so we can close the book on it & just forget it I guess. :) It may have raised Theirren's blood pressure a bit though> I was waiting for him to snap & throw a bench, or maybe Tomas Kaberle on the ice. :P

Agreed on all counts. :)

I like what I see in Prust. Great with the kids.

Its a tuff call for the reffs but i honestly dont think there should have been a penalty there... there was a good foot and a half between him and the boards when he got hit. It could have knocked the wind out of him and it takes a second or two to get it back. i dont think he faked anything just because it took him a few seconds to get up. ither way hopefully him and Galchenyuk and Gallagher will have a good game tonight!

That diving call was absolutely absurd.....He was hit awkwardly and fell, probably having to catch his breath....It's not like he was tapped lightly and dropped to the ice flailing his arms and legs....This call really gets me miffed because I really like Prust and don't want him known as or lumped into the diver catagory...

Yes he was pushed from behind but he helped the cause by jumping into the boards... The play may have been called if he didnt collapse to the ice after. Kerry Fraser said it only should have been a diving penalty and hes the best ref of all time. Prust was just coming off a goalie interference penalty and was trying to get his team a powerplay. Regardless that's not the kind of player he is and I look forward to him fighting Chris Neil in the first ten minutes tonight, and another strong performance from the third line.

I already love this guy. I am glad we have him to help out on making our team tougher and so far hes done just that. I think hes actually done a good job of "striking fear" into opposing teams. You saw very clearly that he was checking who took a hit on him from behind in the winnipeg game and Im sure we'll see him try to mix it up with antropov next time we see them.

He said Montreal wasnt a tough team to play against and he was going to help fix it, Im thinking hes done a good job so far, him and white.....but white needs to tone down his toughness crusade.

Yeah, it would be nice to have another guy to make a real 4th line instead of dressing White and Armstrong.

I too think that, in time, Armstrong will be fine. He just needs to adjust and find his place with the time. As GHC mentions, perhaps a bit of maturity needs to come as well. However, he's proven in the past to be a valuable asset once he settled into his role with teams like Atlanta and Pittsburgh.

I too think that, in time, Armstrong will be fine. He just needs to adjust and find his place with the time. As GHC mentions, perhaps a bit of maturity needs to come as well. However, he's proven in the past to be a valuable asset once he settled into his role with teams like Atlanta and Pittsburgh.

Some tough mileage on Colby's body though, Toronto thought he was too broken down to help them so they paid him (on the cap) to go away. So far he hasn't hurt us but I think he or White could be feeling some heat from Dumont pretty soon.

Some tough mileage on Colby's body though, Toronto thought he was too broken down to help them so they paid him (on the cap) to go away. So far he hasn't hurt us but I think he or White could be feeling some heat from Dumont pretty soon.

he goes out and plugs 10mins a night, he doesnt hurt us but he really doesnt help either

I figured with all the negative vibes I've been giving out towards Ryan White that I should give Prust some love to compensate :P. He plays with the sort of 'toughness' and 'grit' that actually helps his team - he plays hard between the whistles, and he's also there after the whistle to stand up for his teammates without ever crossing the line and taking bad penalties. He can also play hockey. I don't excpect every 'tough' player to play like Lucic, but Prust is a great example of a guy who plays within himself and never puts his team at a disadvantage.

Thumbs up from me.

• 2 weeks later...