The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

#74 Alexei Emelin 2012-2013

ColRouleBleu

Can't disagree with you. We can afford to put off the search for an impact forward for at least a year, since we score more than enough goals by committee to get the job done, but the need on defense is dire.

I agree about getting a D man,but you have to remember it was only this last season that we scored so many goals,hopefully this continues.I don't see Emelin back before January if we are lucky.Get some rest and get well soon Emelin.

GO EMELIN GO :wub::wub: :wub:

The poor guy, he was actually having a decent season on the top pairing despite his d-partners shortcomings.

A November return is still better than an April return. As long as he comes back healthy and the same way he left, all's good.

We'll see; if 6 months is the "normal" recovery time for this surgery, an elite athlete with the best doctors/physical therapists might be back sooner (look at Karlson). I just hope it doesn't affect his game too much going forward. He's young enough that he can hopefully come back 100%.

I believe the "normal" recovery time for an injury like this would be significantly longer than 6 months...