The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

#61 Raphael Diaz 2012-2013

ColRouleBleu

have a feeling we'll see Emelin pared with marky so he should get about the same amount of 5 on 5 ice time.

Diaz, hard to say, maybe they'll pair him with either Gorges or Soupy.

PK plays a lot of minutes on the top pairing and is still young and inexperienced himself, so i don't think they'll pair him with another youngin. PK will most likely be paired with Gorges, who has a ton of experience and plays a stay a home, shutdown role. This should give PK more liberty to go into the offensive zone and chip in offensively.

If both Diaz or Bouillon are in the lineup together, it would probably leave Emelin or Kaberle out. Unless Markov is hurt (probable)

• 2 months later...

Diaz has not participated in tonights' game.

He's out with a hip injury, although it is reported as minor.

Diaz has been raising eyebrows this year, with 13 points in 10 games in the swiss league.

Add to this injury Max Pacioretty's injury and we already have two injured players before the season starts.

Diaz has not participated in tonights' game.

He's out with a hip injury, although it is reported as minor.

Diaz has been raising eyebrows this year, with 13 points in 10 games in the swiss league.

Add to this injury Max Pacioretty's injury and we already have two injured players before the season starts.

Thank you, Gary Bettman. :angry:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

16 points in 17 games for Diaz. :D

I really liked his play last year. For the first half of the season, he was our most consistent d-man on many nights. His played dropped off towards the end but he was fighting a groin injury.

He may not have Weber's slapshot but he is much more levelheaded and calm in our own zone.

I really liked his play last year. For the first half of the season, he was our most consistent d-man on many nights. His played dropped off towards the end but he was fighting a groin injury.

He may not have Weber's slapshot but he is much more levelheaded and calm in our own zone.

Yup,,,highest scoring D over there. :)

That's awesome for him, good to hear.

It's good his raising his trade value because i can't see him being on the time for too long.. maybe work out a trade where him and weber go to Brooklyn to join Streit.. they are in need of dman and how :P

Diaz has lots of talent,when he adds another 10 lbs. of muscle he'll be a very good RH Defenceman for the Habs.

Diaz has lots of talent,when he adds another 10 lbs. of muscle he'll be a very good RH Defenceman for the Habs.

Yes but he wont be be able to stop ellis tinordi and bealuie to take spots on the teamand he's the odd man out.. gorges and emelin are safe.

Yes but he wont be be able to stop ellis tinordi and bealuie to take spots on the teamand he's the odd man out.. gorges and emelin are safe.

Ellis is the only defenceman out of all those that's right defence and he's at least 2-3 yrs.away from playing in the NHL if he makes it.Diaz is already a proven quantity and he's only going to get better.

Ellis is the only defenceman out of all those that's right defence and he's at least 2-3 yrs.away from playing in the NHL if he makes it.Diaz is already a proven quantity and he's only going to get better.

LOL he'll make it.. he's a more offensive and bigger version of josh and atm he's the most NHL ready of any of our you dmen.. and Nathan is also a right sided d man when he was in saint johns he was paired up with simon depree and played the right side.. i know this because i watched when the sea dogs would pick apart the rocket...and yes Diaz is proven but he's not safe and he will bring a nice return to us as well.. you are also forgetting that i mentioned emelin being safe as well and emelin is a right sided dman as well.. he's been put on the left side because marky certainly isnt gonna play his off side... and i think its obvious to everyone that you'd want emelin over diaz.

Diaz is having great results over there because he is getting top pairing minutes in an inferior league. He was pretty much used as a #5/6 guy in Montreal and i don't see that changing in the immediate future. Let's not expect him to carry over those type of numbers when he comes back.

Diaz is having great results over there because he is getting top pairing minutes in an inferior league. He was pretty much used as a #5/6 guy in Montreal and i don't see that changing in the immediate future. Let's not expect him to carry over those type of numbers when he comes back.

exactly! thats why i said trade him to brooklyn where they can use him more.

Yopu sure these three will make it

Ive seen a lot of D propsects hyped on this board that have since moved on

Yes I know that he plays in a minor league and he will never be a #1-2 D-man in NHL but I think that he could be used as a #4 in the team when he will be back. I have no argument for this, only that I really like this player. ;)

I actually like Diaz myself and see him as a viable option for that 2nd pairing (short term). My point was simply to level people's expectations of the kid before he comes back to Montreal. We saw a lot of similar hype for Webber and when it didn't materialize, members soured on him.