The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

#61 Raphael Diaz 2012-2013

ColRouleBleu

okay i'll talk to you in two years when they've made it.. have you seen a propesct and development staff in the habs this strong before?

OK

Mark it on your calendar :)

Yes , every year we hype the prospects beyond reasonable expectations and then tear them apart when they don't live up to it

OK

Mark it on your calendar :)

Yes , every year we hype the prospects beyond reasonable expectations and then tear them apart when they don't live up to it

go on hockey db it projects Nathan to be a number 2 dman and tinordi and ellis are projected as top 4... i'm not hyping theming beyond expectations at all.. i've personally watched ellis play before seeing as he's from my province.. and i've watched the sea dogs pick apart the rocket so i have seen nathan play.. the only one i haven't seen play is tinordi and the only thing i have said is that he's going to be alot better then hal gil.

• 1 month later...

go on hockey db it projects Nathan to be a number 2 dman and tinordi and ellis are projected as top 4... i'm not hyping theming beyond expectations at all.. i've personally watched ellis play before seeing as he's from my province.. and i've watched the sea dogs pick apart the rocket so i have seen nathan play.. the only one i haven't seen play is tinordi and the only thing i have said is that he's going to be alot better then hal gil.

Elllis is easily 2 years away. If ever. whereass Diaz is top 6 and quite possibly top 4 in the near future.

• 3 weeks later...

This thread is sitting quietly in the middle of the pack.

I don't know how his play has been since I haven't been able to watch any games yet but he's leading all defencemen in points with 5 points in 3 games.

He's been great so far IMO and a much better all-around player compared to last year. I really like his skating and he plays with a lot of confidence right now.

He's been great so far IMO and a much better all-around player compared to last year. I really like his skating and he plays with a lot of confidence right now.

+1 I've been extremely impressed with him so far. He's one of the big reasons I feel decent about our defense core. Imagine swapping Kaberle out for Subban? Then our defense starts to look down right good.

+1 I've been extremely impressed with him so far. He's one of the big reasons I feel decent about our defense core. Imagine swapping Kaberle out for Subban? Then our defense starts to look down right good.

Subban, Gorges

Markov Emelin

Is a pretty good top 4.

Looks like a totally different player out there so far. When Subban comes back I would have PK line up with Boullion to start. Diaz's play has been great, so we don't need to rush Subban back on to the top pairing since he hasn't played in so long. Let Subban work his way back up the lineup.

My opinion of our D core has changed dramatically with the play of Diaz and Emelin. Both look much more confident and much better than last year.

Markov-Emelin

Gorges-Subban

Boullion-Diaz

Looks pretty good to me.

Maybe it is because the Habs wanted to get PK Subban going and there is no doubt that PK is the stronger player... but I didn't think it was a good move to take Diaz off of the 1st powerplay unit to make room for PK.

Yeah, I'd rather Diaz stays there for now. We can always switch it up later depending on individual performance.

Yeah, I'd rather Diaz stays there for now. We can always switch it up later depending on individual performance.

I'd prefer to see Diaz with Bouillion on a regualr basis. Especially if they are going to kill penalties together anyway. Gorges and PK would be the top shot down pairing. They'll make this switch sonner or later.