The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

#61 Raphael Diaz 2012-2013

ColRouleBleu

He was eating up 20 minutes a game before he went out. I'm excited to see him come back just to take some time away from Markov and co. (exception, Subban). Might help solidify the D heading into the post-season. He's not the biggest, but he's a good puck mover and that's something teams can always use.

I don't know if he'll take away any minutes from Marky. In all likelyhood they get paired together and mimic TOI.

I only watched the first two periods last night, but I'm not convinced he's symptom free. He fanned on quite a few shots and looked pretty slow, which could be related to not playing in forever, but to me he also looked a little wobbly on his skates and actually fell over a couple times. Skating isn't something hockey players generally forget how to do.

I only watched the first two periods last night, but I'm not convinced he's symptom free. He fanned on quite a few shots and looked pretty slow, which could be related to not playing in forever, but to me he also looked a little wobbly on his skates and actually fell over a couple times. Skating isn't something hockey players generally forget how to do.

I'm sure he's healthy. There's no way the team would bring him back still experiencing symptoms.

It could just be rust, too. I know that an NHL player should remember how to skate (at least we would hope so) but have you ever had one of those moments where you were going to do one thing, changed your mind at the last minute to try something else and just ended up completely failing at both? (I hope that happens to other people, anyway, because it happens to me a lot :P) It could be something like that, where he just needs to give his decision-making some time to get back into gear.

It could just be rust, too. I know that an NHL player should remember how to skate (at least we would hope so) but have you ever had one of those moments where you were going to do one thing, changed your mind at the last minute to try something else and just ended up completely failing at both? (I hope that happens to other people, anyway, because it happens to me a lot :P) It could be something like that, where he just needs to give his decision-making some time to get back into gear.

YES my new bosses dont like me because of that! -.-

Kind of like us in the morning before coffee. :lol:

Good point. I am a pro at that. :lol:

I am a pretty skeptical person, and I find his timing a little too convenient to believe he is back to 100%, but I did jump to conclusions pretty quickly.

Well, I think Diaz hurt us much more tonight than the Sens could have. Soft plays, backing up way too much, and the Eller pass. Just aweful.After the last few games and especially tonight i really would rather see Pateryn,Beaulieu,Drewiske or Kaberle instead of him out there.