The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

#53 Ryan White 2012-2013

ColRouleBleu

What, no love for Ryan after tonight's game? Got a nice opening goal, and took ZERO penalties. Nice change. I think Coach Therrien really likes his game, and that probably means we will see noticeable improvements in him, or at least just a strong, consistent effort and a presence.

Certainly a better performance. :) Loved the goal.

White, Moen and Armstrong, now THAT's a fourth line! I like what White brings to the table, I truly believe he'd be willing to drop the gloves with anyone, not just the Fleishmans. The message I think he was trying to send when he attacked Fleishman was "if you hit my teammates from behind while I'm on the ice, I will punch your face whether you are a fighter or not". It may be bullyish but the "smurf" era in Montreal is over.

White, Moen and Armstrong, now THAT's a fourth line! I like what White brings to the table, I truly believe he'd be willing to drop the gloves with anyone, not just the Fleishmans. The message I think he was trying to send when he attacked Fleishman was "if you hit my teammates from behind while I'm on the ice, I will punch your face whether you are a fighter or not". It may be bullyish but the "smurf" era in Montreal is over.

They're rolling nicely. I'd like to see a bit more from White. He's one of my favs. But he has more to offer. He still doesn't look that sharp in some areas. Missing games and and injuries didn't help. He needs to offer a bit more or Nokalanein will get a shot eventually.

If Eller sat for being ineffective a penalty sequence MUST land you in the stands

Well he hasn't been good in general and this isn't the first penalty trouble he's gotten into. Can live with the initial penalty but taking a penalty for yapping too much is pretty selfish and hard to stomach in a tight game.