The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

#31 Carey Price 2012-2013

ColRouleBleu

At 6.5 million per year I expect more from our goaltender...sheesh.

HAsn't been anything better than average since our 2 to 1 loss to boston back on feb 6th...

Your best player should be your best player most night. He has even been in the top ten most nights...since early feb..

He's cost us 3 points in the last 2 games and while the results were good initially, he hasn't looked right since coming back from the flu. Now it's just starting to blow up. I don't know it's mental or what but he needs to get it figured out and fast.

All games are equally important. I say keep alternating with Budaj during this intense stretch. A bacup goalie is sometimes needed to spot the number 1 not just when injured but also when off his game, which Price definitely is. Still, as others have said, the defense was pretty bad. Most Islander goals were scored when a player was allowed into the slot scott free. But the winning goal should have been stopped, especially right after the game was tied.

I still believe we haven't seen the best of Carey yet this season. Sure he has been steady for the most part of the games he has played in and the record is good overall... but I do believe he has more to offer in terms of his talent level. we sure have not see the best of carey price this year at all especially his last two games he lets 13 goals against a minor league goalie would of probably made more saves but now we paid him all that money you are sure not going to see the best of him play budai you we get better results or bring back halak.

well hes not there mentally right now, his body language is off and hes just not himself in general. none the less we need to clean up our game in our own end play budaj the rest of the season he is playing with more heart .cant keep blaming the players when we are always out shooting the other times .we are in first place because of the way the team is playing because we are not seeing ant great saves from carey this year .once you get paid the big bucks you seem to lose the heart of the game ..

I still believe we haven't seen the best of Carey yet this season. Sure he has been steady for the most part of the games he has played in and the record is good overall... but I do believe he has more to offer in terms of his talent level. we sure have not see the best of carey price this year at all especially his last two games he lost 13 goals against a minor league goalie would of probably made more saves but niw we paid him all that money you are sure not going to see the best of him play budai you we get better results or bring back halak.

we sure have not see the best of carey price this year at all especially his last two games he lets 13 goals against a minor league goalie would of probably made more saves but now we paid him all that money you are sure not going to see the best of him play budai you we get better results or bring back halak.

I still believe we haven't seen the best of Carey yet this season. Sure he has been steady for the most part of the games he has played in and the record is good overall... but I do believe he has more to offer in terms of his talent level.

Corrected...

Win as a team... lose as a team, right?

Habs coverage in the defensive zone has not been great lately... and I don't just mean the defensemen. That said, these are times where we could hope that Carey Price would stand on his head and "steal" a game here or there...

Not trying to excuse our Dzone coverage but Carey has been awful recently, really bad, which is putting a lot of pressure on the team to play mistake-free hockey through 60 minutes. We don't need him to steal games, we just need him to make the stops he should be making and stop sabotaging our momentum / chances by giving up a really soft goal right after we tie the game up. I would seriously give Budaj the next start and have Proulx work on Carey's fundamentals in practice. When confidence goes, so do the mechanics.

Not trying to excuse our Dzone coverage but Carey has been awful recently, really bad, which is putting a lot of pressure on the team to play mistake-free hockey through 60 minutes. We don't need him to steal games, we just need him to make the stops he should be making and stop sabotaging our momentum / chances by giving up a really soft goal right after we tie the game up. I would seriously give Budaj the next start and have Proulx work on Carey's fundamentals in practice. When confidence goes, so do the mechanics.

Earlier on in the season I would have said BUdaj? But recently he seems to have a better groove than Carey... so I agree with your suggestion :)

Yeah, I'd be okay if Budaj got the next start and we went back to Carey the game afterward.

Earlier on in the season I would have said BUdaj? But recently he seems to have a better groove than Carey... so I agree with your suggestion :)

Carey will get his game together in the long run. The important thing is for us to minimize the impact of his poor play on our place in the standings. Budaj has looked solid recently. Give him the next start, for sure, and then decide on whether to go back to Carey afterwards.

Yeah, I'd be okay if Budaj got the next start and we went back to Carey the game afterward.

I really think Carey needs the game off to refocus and get his fundamentals back to where they should be. It's a difficult transition, going from (as jedi said in the GDT) being target practice to having long stretches of Dryden-esque inactivity. Most goalies need to face a lot of rubber to be sharp. The challenge for Carey is figuring out how to stay sharp even when we're controlling the play for a period or even a full game.

Not worried at all about Carey, he'll bounce back. Last two games have been really bad, but even though he's let in a few questionable goals earlier in the season (Ottawa for example), he still came up big in those games when needed, which is all you can ask.

I'd too rest him for a game and give Budaj another shot.

For me, Carey plays Thursday, Carey and Budaj split the weekend games, and we go from there.

Realistically, the actual decision should probably depend on a lot of factors we're not privy to (how he looks in practice, feels, discussion with the coaching staff, where his head seems to be at etc.)

The next few days should be interesting.

i would put budaj in for the next few games and gave carey a few games off like the old days with halak and let him fight for his job back because i do not think he trying hard enough to give his team support.

Not worried at all about Carey, he'll bounce back. Last two games have been really bad, but even though he's let in a few questionable goals earlier in the season (Ottawa for example), he still came up big in those games when needed, which is all you can ask.

I'd too rest him for a game and give Budaj another shot.

Carey's struggling, no secret there. Wouldn't be a bad idea to give him some rest and play Budaj in one of the upcoming games.

When you have an elite tender like Price, you have to let them go through their funk. Would be nice if our defense realized this and helped him more. Without Diaz, our defense has been bad.

i saw Roy go through slumps. Many fans felt his better days were behind him and were asking for a trade. When the whole Roy Corey/Tremblay thing happened, it only took days to trade him away. Many felt that they were already in talks with Colorado concerning Roy.

he showed us, he went on to win 2 more cups in Colorado.

We have to give Price the time to work through whatever he has to work through. Gotta let him know he's still our #1 and we have his back.

i would put budaj in for the next few games and gave carey a few games off like the old days with halak and let him fight for his job back because i do not think he trying hard enough to give his team support.

He's struggling, no complaint there, but have to admit the d in front of him has been bad as well. They're scrambling all over the place, constantly chasing the puck in stead of waiting for the puck to come to them. The d is missing basic d-zone coverage, they seem lost out there.