The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

#31 Carey Price 2012-2013

ColRouleBleu

It is a bit of a concern that he hasn't been playing any real high intensity hockey all year. Oh well though, 3 or 4 games and he'll be in the groove, hopefully we can score some goals while Carey's adjusting back into playing NHL hockey again.

• 2 weeks later...

It is a bit of a concern that he hasn't been playing any real high intensity hockey all year. Oh well though, 3 or 4 games and he'll be in the groove, hopefully we can score some goals while Carey's adjusting back into playing NHL hockey again.

I'm not worried. Carey is such a competitor he'll do fine and be stealing games for us in no time.

We'll know for sure he's fine if he tells us all to "chill out"

I could be wrong, but how many goalies actually played high intensity hockey during the lockout? I know schiender played a few games in europe,as did halak..I cant think of anyone else off hand..So its not as if we will have the only goalie in the league who hasnt played.

We can't say it's not a concern, however most of our D did play during the lockout, which should help Price out in the short term.

We can't say it's not a concern, however most of our D did play during the lockout, which should help Price out in the short term.

From what he has been saying he is ticked off about last year and has been and will be putting in the extra work to fix his weak areas

His leg got hurt (I think it was on Gallagher's shootout). He finished the shoutout but you could see he was not comfortable. Let's hope it's not too bad (we should know more details tomorrow), otherwise we're screwed.

Hopefully a puck just caught him in a soft spot or he cramped up a bit.

It'd be absolutely hilarious if Price were hurt to start the season. We could just start the "Tank 2013" thread now. :lol: 'Cause there's no way we're going anywhere this season if Price is injured.

Jones or Mackinnon? lets hope it doesnt come to that.. but the slightest tweak to Carey and thats the conversation we will be in

mask1a-238x250.jpg

Three-quarter profile view of mask that Habs goalie Carey Price is expected to wear into action Saturday against Toronto.

Check out more info

Agreed, he sure kept us in it. I don't blame him for the first goal & he had no chance on the second. It could have been worse than it looked. Did you notice any lingering affects of his "injury"? I didn't.

Like I said, at first his movements didn't look as fluid to me but it could have been rust or injury related. Got stronger as the game went on. Stood pretty tall in the 2nd, we were VERY scrambly in front of him and we certainly didn't make his life very easy.

He was real good against Florida but I guess that's so expected it's not even worth talking about anymore. He's 25 now and I think he has yet another gear to hit as he enters his prime. The team in front of him isn't very good if we're being honest but he's special.

He was real good against Florida but I guess that's so expected it's not even worth talking about anymore. He's 25 now and I think he has yet another gear to hit as he enters his prime. The team in front of him isn't very good if we're being honest but he's special.

99J4TIz.jpg

:P

I'm glad to see Carey hit the ground running this year. 2 games, 2 goals against, and they've both been beautiful cross ice feeds on the PP.

I'm glad to see Carey hit the ground running this year. 2 games, 2 goals against, and they've both been beautiful cross ice feeds on the PP.

He's given up 3 but no even strength goals. The first goal by Kadri was likely stoppable, he overplayed a pass by Kessel and was a tad out of position but it was his first period in several months.

He's given up 3 but no even strength goals. The first goal by Kadri was likely stoppable, he overplayed a pass by Kessel and was a tad out of position but it was his first period in several months.

Yeah, aside from the first one on sat, the other two were nigh unstoppable & I wouldnt even fault him on the first.

He's seeing the puck right now as well as Ive ever seen him - last night there was a sequence in the 3rd where he stopped 2 or 3 shots he had no right to stop. He's in mid-season form already. ;)

I think you're right, Roy - nobody is talking about Price because we just expect him to be great now. And I think we can add his puck-handling to the list of things that we take for granted. He's been all over the place with the puck helping out his defence, and he's already cleared the puck a few times on the PK.

I think you're right, Roy - nobody is talking about Price because we just expect him to be great now. And I think we can add his puck-handling to the list of things that we take for granted. He's been all over the place with the puck helping out his defence, and he's already cleared the puck a few times on the PK.

He's such a huge piece of the puzzle. With him dialed in and locked up long-term, I'd say we're only a few small adjustments and some player development away from being a consistent playoff team who has a chance to do some damage (which with todays parity is almost all you can hope for).

Gainey did a lot of things wrong, but Carey is one thing he did right. It wasn't popular to draft a tender that high, it wasn't popular decide he was the guy and trade Halak, but I'm sure glad with how it all turned out.